Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 hours ago, Sly said:

Whatever happened to David Carmo? He was highly rated at one point. Fallen off the radar? 

Broke his ankle and hasn't played for a year. He'd fit right in here.

43 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I know he's massively overrated. But for asking price of £20m, a front three of Barnes Daka and Adama could be one of the fastest in the world. 

Really wouldn't mind us going in for Hwang, who we were linked with recently. Take advantage of Wolves' reticence to spend.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Rodgers has eaten his prided this last week with the way we played against Liverpool and how we defended corners, now it’s time to bring pratt back , I hope he does . 

What is the obsession with Praet? He’s been average for us when played. People talk about him like he’s world class. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I know he's massively overrated. But for asking price of £20m, a front three of Barnes Daka and Adama could be one of the fastest in the world. 

He would be class in a better team though. He’s played for wolves in a team setup to defend. In an attacking team his stats would be far better. He’s would create space for others just by being on the pitch. Barnes would be the biggest player to benefit from the extra space. 

5 minutes ago, frany104 said:

What is the obsession with Praet? He’s been average for us when played. People talk about him like he’s world class. 

He is a very solid player , last year when he played the 1st half dozen games he was great , no reason why he could not do the same again given a run of games 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His contract isn't expiring in June, that's his loan deal at Hoffenheim.

....either way, we need to offer a price that could force Bayern's hand!!!, 

His contract concludes in 2025 with Bayern so it would have a recent contract signing by him, but I feel he is too good a player for us not to try to pick up. We paid £30m+ for Fofana, he will at present be below that price, but I think he has the potential to be as good.

Edited by sacreblueits442

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....either way, we need to offer a price that could force Bayern's hand!!!, 

His contract concludes in 2025 with Bayern so it would have a recent contract signing by him, but I feel he is too good a player for us not to try to pick up. We paid £30m+ for Fofana, he will at present be below that price, but I think he has the potential to be as good.

Would rather we went for Botman at Lille or Schlotterbeck at Freiburg as they are left footed, not that that's essential. 

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

He is a very solid player , last year when he played the 1st half dozen games he was great , no reason why he could not do the same again given a run of games 

We can't bring him back so a pointless discussion anyway

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Yep, but he'll never play for us again unless it's under a new manager.  That bridge has been nuked.

Fab has suggested Barca may look to sell Yusuf Demir in order to make room to register Ferran Torres. Not quite sure how that works as I thought he was just on loan, probably make it permanent and flip him for a quick profit. 

Would be a decent option as a left footed RW, only 18 and could be available for a reasonable fee as well. 

I’d love a right sided forward we could all get excited about.

I’d like the board and BR to raise some funds in this window despite AFCON, Covid and injuries and consider selling and loaning surplus players who realistically have no future at the club. I can see the need to wait until the summer to make a decision on the Southampton Two, but Pérez and Choudry really need to go sadly and free up their tea sheet places and wages.

9 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Im worried this window we are going to get seriously left behind. 

Can see West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal all spending plenty and just cannot see what we are able to do

We started getting left far behind 2 years ago.

Made 1 or 2 good signings but Jesus some of our business has been dreadful.

We spend cautiously and do not ever over spend.

I think that we will need to spend more than our means if we are to remain competitive if being honest.

If we are looking at selling some players then we may be ok but replacing them would be much harder.

The players I believe teams would want.

Fofana

NDidi

Barnes

Maddison 

Tielemans

Lose anyone them and going off our transfers lately they would be difficult to replace and make us considerably weaker.

We won't keep many of the names above if we do not improve the squad over the next 2 windows.

Luckily we nearly have a full team coming back from injury haha

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Fab has suggested Barca may look to sell Yusuf Demir in order to make room to register Ferran Torres. Not quite sure how that works as I thought he was just on loan, probably make it permanent and flip him for a quick profit. 

Would be a decent option as a left footed RW, only 18 and could be available for a reasonable fee as well. 

Last I'd heard they said they weren't willing to allow him to make 1 more appearance and trigger the permanent transfer, so unless they've caught wind of another club willing to pay more than they will have to pay for him and are going to shithouse his parent club then I think he's going back.

All this talk of needing another CB....Well, I hope we're chasing a target we've wanted for 12 months+.

Wasting money on a stop gap, like Vestergaard and Bertrand, will just weaken us even more, and would probably lead to us losing more than just Tielemans in the summer.

We should spend the window putting out feelers for summer moves, and a replacement for Tielemans, who has been gone since the summer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

All this talk of needing another CB....Well, I hope we're chasing a target we've wanted for 12 months+.

Wasting money on a stop gap, like Vestergaard and Bertrand, will just weaken us even more, and would probably lead to us losing more than just Tielemans in the summer.

We should spend the window putting out feelers for summer moves, and a replacement for Tielemans, who has been gone since the summer.

The irony is we were chasing Vestergaard for over a year though 😂

• Like 1