Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

15 hours ago, shen said:

My bias is showing here, but I think getting someone like Christensen from Chelsea would be a really good bit of business. His contract is up in the summer and he's better than he gets credit for. He'd be a perfect Evans replacement, who is not going to last beyond next season.

No chance, his been liked with the likes of Barc, he's not going to end up here.

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance, his been liked with the likes of Barc, he's not going to end up here.

I would severely doubt him going to Barca. If Chelsea cannot assure him of game time then neither can Barca.

5 hours ago, shen said:

I would severely doubt him going to Barca. If Chelsea cannot assure him of game time then neither can Barca.

....I would be surprised if Barca picks him up!!!

He looks solid, no frills, gets it and releases to better players, nothing to get you off your seat. He will fit in here nicely, seems a calming influence in the backline. There is younger and better out there but that's not what we need at the moment.

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I would be surprised if Barca picks him up!!!

He looks solid, no frills, gets it and releases to better players, nothing to get you off your seat. He will fit in here nicely, seems a calming influence in the backline. There is younger and better out there but that's not what we need at the moment.

According to reports he want 4 years at 140k a week.

We aren't paying him that.

The reason he is getting the cold shoulder at Chelsea is because they agreed terms and the he told them he want to wait before signing. 

Christensen is a quality player and I think he would help fill the void when Evans finally has to hang up his boots. I just doubt whether they would let him join us or other PL rivals unless it was for top dollar. 

I wonder what others on here think to Nat Phillips. He seems surplus to requirements now at Liverpool and I thought he did quite well at the backend of last season in difficult circumstances. Showed a lot of character in that team and didn’t look out of place. Maybe a loan with options? Can’t see us buying outright at the moment unless someone else (CB) moves on. 

9 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Christensen is a quality player and I think he would help fill the void when Evans finally has to hang up his boots. I just doubt whether they would let him join us or other PL rivals unless it was for top dollar. 

I wonder what others on here think to Nat Phillips. He seems surplus to requirements now at Liverpool and I thought he did quite well at the backend of last season in difficult circumstances. Showed a lot of character in that team and didn’t look out of place. Maybe a loan with options? Can’t see us buying outright at the moment unless someone else (CB) moves on. 

Think he gets more credit than he deserves and he's the sort of trap buy we shouldn't fall for. Liverpool defender who on the surface looked decent, that will likely command a decent sum already, probably similar to what we paid for Vestergaard. And just like with Vestergaard, he's simply not worth that money.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Think he gets more credit than he deserves and he's the sort of trap buy we shouldn't fall for. Liverpool defender who on the surface looked decent, that will likely command a decent sum already, probably similar to what we paid for Vestergaard. And just like with Vestergaard, he's simply not worth that money.

I’d be wary of buying at the moment too. That’s why I think we’d go down the loan route. He is not the next evans or fofana that’s for sure. It is a real conundrum at the moment. Depends on whether you think our struggle for numbers at the back will continue or ease in a month or so. I’ve been thinking it will for the last few months. Logically it should get better after Afcon and when evans cage and fofana Ricardo Justin return. In which case we really be looking to buy real quality or potential replacement if at all. 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

According to reports he want 4 years at 140k a week.

We aren't paying him that.

The reason he is getting the cold shoulder at Chelsea is because they agreed terms and the he told them he want to wait before signing. 

...I suppose you have to look out for yourself, but the only thing he is doing is reducing his options!!!

Goodluck to him, if he really wants a new challenge I am sure Newcastle would be interested, they would see him as a keystone.

We will just have to see if Tarkowski walks through the door of our training ground, we might just have to gamble that it might pay off. From what we have seen the injured players have not come back at their best and seems to keep breaking down, what are the odds that Fofana and JJ goes the same way.

Guest Col city fan
On 27/12/2021 at 10:16, Peckfortonfox said:

That’s silmani lad is decent

Slimani at nearly 30 mill would be a cracking signing…..

😳

How about we stop all this bullshit about who we are looking at and will we buy or get a loan in . Just get it done if we are going too do it or come out and say we ain’t doing any business this window . Because every window is the same we wait to the last minute too get anything done , drives me crazy. Needed that rant . 

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

How about we stop all this bullshit about who we are looking at and will we buy or get a loan in . Just get it done if we are going too do it or come out and say we ain’t doing any business this window . Because every window is the same we wait to the last minute too get anything done , drives me crazy. Needed that rant . 

Will have to be a loan from abroad because there's no way PL clubs will let players go on loan until the end of the month when AFCON is on and covid rife. The 25 man squad doesn't have to be named again until the end of the month, meaning that any fringe player who previously wasn't named can be used and that's likely to come in handy for teams this month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I guess a lot of transfers are late in the window as clubs want to know who they can afford to get rid of - you don't want to sell someone early in the window and then regret it when a player or two in the same position get injured the week after. Price is also a factor - the selling club's demands will be lowest at the end of the window when they're more desperate to sell.

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I guess a lot of transfers are late in the window as clubs want to know who they can afford to get rid of - you don't want to sell someone early in the window and then regret it when a player or two in the same position get injured the week after. Price is also a factor - the selling club's demands will be lowest at the end of the window when they're more desperate to sell.

...Pearson liked to get ahead of the game and signed players at the start of the window!!!

Always  good to identify your targets and get things done before other clubs got wind of it.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would it be that insane to go and get Godin until the end of the season?

Only Salernitana have conceded more than Cagliari in Serie A this year. Nobody is a one man defence but its still not a great reflection. He was world class in his prime but he's 35 and wasn't the quickest ten years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Only Salernitana have conceded more than Cagliari in Serie A this year. Nobody is a one man defence but its still not a great reflection. He was world class in his prime but he's 35 and wasn't the quickest ten years ago. 

Yeah, I profess to have no recent knowledge of the sort of nick he's in but we need an experienced player IMO. Struggling to think of one who we could get on loan or a short term deal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I suppose you have to look out for yourself, but the only thing he is doing is reducing his options!!!

Goodluck to him, if he really wants a new challenge I am sure Newcastle would be interested, they would see him as a keystone.

We will just have to see if Tarkowski walks through the door of our training ground, we might just have to gamble that it might pay off. From what we have seen the injured players have not come back at their best and seems to keep breaking down, what are the odds that Fofana and JJ goes the same way.

Tarkowski name has been banded about for over a year now, I am right that he will be available for free in the the summer. He's been really poor this season and reading Burnley fans on social media after their Leeds match on the weekend, they reckon he was to blame for Leeds goals and his effort on the pitch was non existent, some say they should of cashed in on him when Leicester were interested. Is he that good? Or is it because the way Burnley play. I remember acouple of years ago everyone was raving about Michael Keene when he was at Burnley and lots of fans here said we should get him, but at Everton he's found it difficult.

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Tarkowski name has been banded about for over a year now, I am right that he will be available for free in the the summer. He's been really poor this season and reading Burnley fans on social media after their Leeds match on the weekend, they reckon he was to blame for Leeds goals and his effort on the pitch was non existent, some say they should of cashed in on him when Leicester were interested. Is he that good? Or is it because the way Burnley play. I remember acouple of years ago everyone was raving about Michael Keene when he was at Burnley and lots of fans here said we should get him, but at Everton he's found it difficult.

....Tarkowski is probably not so much concentrated on his club as you would be with another few seasons to go on his contract!!!

I really feel he is on his way to come here, and I would suspect he has already agreed in principle to go to a club as soon as his contract expires. Sometimes when you have your mind set on a particular opening and you are blocked by being priced out of a move, you may become disillusioned and your game suffers, and even if you do finally get a move, you may find, the options you previously had, have now become closed to you.

I felt that Michael Keane was a good player and someone we could have looked to pick up.