Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on Hamza?

I think hes underused, in a game where you'll have less of the ball his physicality and aggression are what you need, he should stay and play at least 10 games a season, especially in the 50 game seasons we are now involved in. 

• Like 2

Guest MarshallForEngland

Defended like beavers. Main criticism of our team from me this season has been how easily teams bully us and how we never seem up for a scrap. Was very heartening to see the whole squad play that physically, not bottling challenges or getting shoved off the ball easily.

Thomas and KDH were outstanding, was amazed at how confident both of them looked on the ball. Kasper put a massive shift in, great saves but also loved him coming to punch the ball on one of those late corners. A lot to be positive about after today, we genuinely looked competitive and not easy to play against. 

Just now, Beachyboy said:

I think hes underused, in a game where you'll have less of the ball his physicality and aggression are what you need, he should stay and play at least 10 games a season, especially in the 50 game seasons we are now involved in. 

His energy and physicality are great. But he really struggled to safely move the ball on when they pressed him in possession. That said, lots of players do when the red walk is in your face  

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on Hamza?

He was a unit, an extra body plugging gaps well with the bite to come out with the ball from 50-50's rather than play a winger or AM who would track but not have the strength of challenge to dis-posses so well. Seemed to play a game of his own at times re positioning and a bit reluctant to be available for passes, probably due to rustiness and the shape but without him they get 3-4 more goal-scoring chances tonight. It's one hell of a level to come in to and be on it but made a significant contribution. In the context of what we needed from him I'd say 8 or 9/10.

• Like 2