Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

43 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I’ve been to most games and disagree with you basically saying the lads don’t try. They have made plenty of mistakes in previous games, but have never thought they weren’t trying.

Tonight we played a different system today to suit the players available, giving Liverpool the wings and basically two thirds of the pitch. Two banks of four closer together made for a really tight defensive unit where there was always someone to get a block in or stop a cross. Going back to 1970’s style defending at a corner also worked well.

Last 20 minutes Liverpool were devoid of new ideas and couldn’t find a way through our packed, very efficient and well drilled unit. BR should get immense credit for tonight, 

To a man City were superb tonight, couldn’t be happier for the manager, team and fans. So proud of everyone tonight, thought the crowd played their part as well. 

So do I.

I’m amazed if you really think the intensity and effort put in tonight has been seen consistently this season.

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Having watched it again on MOTD, Lookman’s goal is underrated genius.

Holds the ball up with some top skill, finds KDH, absolutely pelts it into the box, skins the world’s top defender and slots it through a small gap into the bottom corner with pace and accuracy. Absolute quality.

Watching it live, when I saw him pass to KDH, I thought to myself that's brilliant positioning from KDH. Just the whole movement was astonishing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Watching it live, when I saw him pass to KDH, I thought to myself that's brilliant positioning from KDH. Just the whole movement was astonishing.

Yes. It's going to be one of my favourite Leicester goals (it's a bloody long list though)

• Like 1

Well I think we seen a range of changes to how we play tonight . More long balls and not as much playing across the back line , we played up the middle more , which did very well . Also we changed the marking system at corners and free kicks , so stubborn Rodgers finally got the message. Gee armarty and ndidi where great tonight as was KDH , soumare covered a huge amount of ground , hope we can keep this type of game plan going and not resort to playing sideways and backwards. Great win tonight proud of the boys . 

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The whole feed the scousers thing needs to get in the bin. It isn't funny. I love the city of Leicester but there is serious poverty in the city so it just makes those fans look stupid and mocks the vulnerable on our own doorstep. Some areas are among the most deprived in the country.

Just a shit, unfunny chant 

it is shit, but their entire fan base has shown it gets under their skin, part of going to the match is winding up the oppositions fans

add to that that it's actually Christmas time - if it was April it would be a bit daft to sing it

• Like 3

Can I just say actually...

...in the league, that's the first true 90 minute performance we've put in since probably January. 

Long may it continue. The grit on show was absolutely brilliant and I couldn't be prouder of the lads.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The whole feed the scousers thing needs to get in the bin. It isn't funny. I love the city of Leicester but there is serious poverty in the city so it just makes those fans look stupid and mocks the vulnerable on our own doorstep. Some areas are among the most deprived in the country.

It's so shit. Embarrassing. Football chants should stick to matters football.  We should get a chant going about the ESL - that is truely shameful and would hurt their fans more. I'm not feeling very creative can't think of one though.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shamomoa said:

Please just keep defending corners like that!!!

We were much improved but admittedly we were holding on, just, to dear life. They did have a few free headers in the last 10 mins but luckily they missed them or clashed onto each other. I am elated that we held on, but I’d say let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

I am particularly concerned about the strategy for the last 10 mins. Clearly we were not interested in attacking. I am not saying throw caution to the wind, but a few times when Lookman got the ball he didn’t try to attack forward (ruining the opportunity) and instead tried to hold on to the ball, but only succeeded for a few seconds. If we lose the ball, we may as well try to shake Liverpool and go for it? At least then Liverpool would still need to worry about us attacking instead of just going 100% on us?

Another example was when we won a freekick.  instead of going forward, we passed backwards to Kasper ultimately and then we lost the ball! If we lose the ball anyway, why not just have a go and lob it forward?

We are lucky this time but we can’t set ourselves to keep having to defend corners like that if we can avoid them altogether by playing more in their half.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

This season has been a disapointment, but one good thing we can take from it is that the future is nothing to be worried about. When Vardy retires, Daka will be the business. Losing Tielemans will be a blow, but the emergence of KDH has been a revelation. Soumare is OK, and we will probably be able to sign someone who is a mini Youri so we evolve the team like the way we did when Mahrez left and we replaced his creativity with Maddison, Ricardo and Tielemans. We kept a clean sheet without Fofana, Evans or Soyuncu.

So some good signs there.

Our academy seems to be doing a reasonable job - we've got a few gems coming through.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I think our vocal support is more representative of Leicestershire, and I don't say that in a proud way. I'm talking the moronn, Tory voting, working class kind.