Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Also, a word for Michael's Oliver - no complaints from me, thought he reffed very well. Makes a huge difference when a competent ref is in charge. 

Yes. I didn't really notice him - barely got a mention. That's all I ask from a ref. (Are you watching Mike Dean?)

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Also, a word for Michael's Oliver - no complaints from me, thought he reffed very well. Makes a huge difference when a competent ref is in charge. 

This. Isn't it nice to not be complaining about the ref after a match for once? If only all the ref's were like this.

40 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

so glad we beat those cúnts just for the gaggle of Liverpool fans singing about the death of Vichai. Disgraceful cúnts

Sadly it isn't unsurprising. A United "fan" I was mates with told me "some scum" would do helicopter taunts to usand I couldn't understand why anyone would say that. Low and behold a bit of banter with him over a game we beat them and he resorted to Helicopter GIFs.

I think their lot and Liverpool are that used to sinking that low with each other that its second nature. 

Although some of our lot waving copies of the Sun aren't any better either.

6 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

it is shit, but their entire fan base has shown it gets under their skin, part of going to the match is winding up the oppositions fans

add to that that it's actually Christmas time - if it was April it would be a bit daft to sing it

Plus we're still singing about Chelsea running away on Boxing Day. Christmas chants tend to stick around, especially when opposition fans retaliate and accuse you of all being Tories for getting under their skin a bit for winding them up. It really isn't anything personal. I'd be singing 'feed the Brummies' or 'feed the Taffies' if we were playing Villa or Cardiff over Christmas, because it's just dumb. They choose to take it personally. 🙄

Poverty isn't funny. Neither is calling Jurgen Klopp a (redacted but those who were there know). Hillsborough DEFINITELY isn't and should be off limits to anybody who has any semblance of self respect about them, especially given we've been through our own personal tragedy as fans.

Annoying Liverpool fans with that chant however, in my eyes, absolutely is, because there's this weird, unique mentality they seem to have where the world actually is against them. It's a sound city, with its problems, the same as anywhere else, but talk to any fan of either football club (but especially Liverpool FC) and you'd think Anfiled was attended by 50,000 Messiahs nailed to the cross each week rather than football fans who just spent 30 quid, enough to feed a family in actual poverty for a week, to attend a match and feign offence.

Also we're a Labour City with a Labour mayor but that doesn't even really need explaining to people on this forum. 

• Like 4

Stuck £35 on us to win after 10 mins. Absolutely bottled it at 80 mins and managed to enjoy what was an absolutely superb defensive display. 

What a performance from the team. This will shape our season. Had we been hammered, it’d have shaped it a different way! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

No it wouldn't. Stop being so ****ing right on. It is a rather crap inflammatory chant designed to wind up the Scousers. So what if they do not like it.

Made me snile and if that makes me a **** then so be it. I swear people get offended by literally anything these days. 

I just think it's all just a bit shit tbh, I'm not offended, just embarrassed - it's not originial and I don't find it funny. (sorry if that offends you).

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Any mention of Hillsborough or Heysel has absolutely no place here, imo. Especially not after our own team was so fantastic. 

I'd like to think the mods will treat those posts like carcinogenic melanoma. 

Maybe I have missed a post or 2 in my quite inebriated state but I haven't seen a single post condoning singing about people losing their lives. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I lost 2 school mates at Hillsborough, I really don't know how anyone can be so callous as to raise it in anything other than sympathy. 

The H*****'s? I remember the devastation it caused to the parents. Absolutely tragic. :(

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've seen posts referring to both and implying heavily that somehow, over 30 years later, this is somehow relevant to the behaviour of current fans. 

I lost 2 school mates at Hillsborough, I really don't know how anyone can be so callous as to raise it in anything other than sympathy. 

If I have missed that then you are quite correct that it is disgusting.

Just now, hackneyfoxx said:

that was... heroic - what a match. Plus glad that Rodgers listened to  my advice re Zonal Marking for corners - stick a big lad on the post old style))

Apparently it was down to Alan Shearer (and virtually everyone else who has ever watched, and remotely understood, football.)

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I’m not going to sing a song revelling in a Conservative government punishing a city that will never support it. I don’t find child poverty funny nor something to celebrate. I’ll never vote nor support a Tory. A great result nonetheless, KDH was exceptional. 

Well done you. I bet you are fun at parties. 

• Like 2