Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I am not red and I do not like Jeremy Corbin. 

I am the same colour as my football team and think our welfare system should be reformed. 

What am I? ;)

Depends.

Do you think that the global average temperature of the Earth is increasing, that there will be dire consequences for this and that action can and must be taken to mitigate and adapt to it? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Depends.

Do you think that the global average temperature of the Earth is increasing, that there will be dire consequences for this and that action can and must be taken to mitigate and adapt to it? :ph34r:

Barking up the wrong tree. No conservative can interrogate actual scientific data. They’ll mistake one snowy weather event as rebuttal of 1°C global temperature rise in 40 years as measured by numerous methods.

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Barking up the wrong tree. No conservative can interrogate actual scientific data. They’ll mistake one snowy weather event as rebuttal of 1°C global temperature rise in 40 years as measured by numerous methods.

In the interests of fairness, I think most of the moderates on that side of the aisle accept the scientific truth there - they just get drowned out, at everyday and policymaking level, by the nutters and the sociopaths.

Anyway, better places to discuss this so I'll leave it there.

10 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Btw, have we changed how we defend corners? The commentator seemed to imply we were man marking. I never see these things unfortunately.

Yup and Rodgers said as much in his interview “old style defending. Exactly what was needed in a make shift back 4. Also, always had players on the post. But for all our frailties in defence this season, that was the defensive performance of the season by far! 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Btw, have we changed how we defend corners? The commentator seemed to imply we were man marking. I never see these things unfortunately.

Seemed to have someone on the back post too.

Not only that, Kasper came off his line for a punch late!  I had to check and make sure the stream hadn’t switched to a different match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still buzzing. Probably half the team can go into “hero” category for that. Our sloppiest play came from more seasoned players with Tielemans, Soumare and others giving the ball away a little too often. But Thomas and KDH were different class and completely opposite in that respect - always calm, always found a man. Plus they both ran their knackers off and got stuck into challenges. 

Amartey and Ndidi (even after the penalty) really put themselves on the line in the Big Wes school of defending. Great showing. Kasper superb at the back, Iheanacho and Maddison also showed at times why we are a threat going forward - we’re in a run where we always look like scoring in a game at the moment. 

Liverpool like those fast, one touch build ups through the middle but we smothered those. The other outlet where I thought we suffered (but actually handled OK in the end) was the Trent ping across to Tsimikas - if he did that ten times I wouldn’t be surprised. We seemed to give them space on the left to allow it, maybe it was a tactic as it never came to much?

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Working wonders at the moment. Obviously it’s not a one size fits all tactic, but it’s a damn sight better than our previous efforts this season.

Baby woke me up and 5:30 today and even that hasn’t stopped me smiling. Cracking win.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

But I prefer only having to pay for prime for one month a year dammit :P

😂😂

Can you piggyback off of anybody using the family privileges? I’ve had Prime for free for 3 years thanks to my good old mother adding my household to her account (I’m almost 40 by the way 😂). 

Edited by phoneticerror

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

😂😂

Can you piggyback off of anybody using the family privileges? I’ve had Prime for free for 3 years thanks to my good old mother adding my household to her account (I’m almost 40 by the way 😂). 

Nope - neither of us here are able to get any more free trials from them, and I don't know anyone else we can piggy-back off, so we have to pay for it from now on it seems.  Not that I can't afford it, but I'd prefer not to if I'm not actually buying stuff from them, too :P 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Is it just me who feels really let down that Klopp took defeat with good grace and humility? 

I wanted more of a tantrum 😂😂

He was professional in front of the cameras, but I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the changing room after the TV interview. You’d see a different man I’m sure. I wanted to see that side 😉

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Nope - neither of us here are able to get any more free trials from them, and I don't know anyone else we can piggy-back off, so we have to pay for it from now on it seems.  Not that I can't afford it, but I'd prefer not to if I'm not actually buying stuff from them, too :P 

You shouldn’t need free trials if you know somebody that pays for Prime. They just have to be willing to add you to their family in the settings and away you go. Accounts are separate and no purchase history is shared - although occasionally our Alexa’s will get notifications to say she’s due a delivery, but that’s about it. Not a bad trade off for free Prime.

Just now, phoneticerror said:

You shouldn’t need free trials if you know somebody that pays for Prime. They just have to be willing to add you to their family in the settings and away you go. Accounts are separate and no purchase history is shared - although occasionally our Alexa’s will get notifications to say she’s due a delivery, but that’s about it. Not a bad trade off for free Prime.

Not gonna happen. :( 

Just now, PhillippaT said:

Not gonna happen. :( 

Fair.

The one downside to Prime matches is that my stream is always about 1 minute behind some of my mates.

I got a text saying “YESSSSSSS!!!! GET IN!!!!” whilst the ball was still in our half. I’ve got 200M Fibre through Virgin so it’s not a speed problem, but I’m always behind compared to BT and Sky Sports. Tried PS5, TV and Virgin Box - all behind by a minute.

12 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Is it just me who feels really let down that Klopp took defeat with good grace and humility? 

Yes we were wondering about his likely string of excuses walking back to the car as we went through a herd of Liverpool fans talking absolute Pish.  

I would go so far to say he was sporting in defeat - Quite amazed and it's difficult not to hold him in higher esteem although I may be going too far there 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 3