Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Is it just me who feels really let down that Klopp took defeat with good grace and humility? 

He literally didn't have anything to complain about.

He had 6 days off.

They gave them a penalty.

One of his players broke our players leg last week.

Hes literally run out of excuses.

Certainly didn’t get the tantrum we wanted or expected from him and he did give a large element of praise to us, however (unless I’ve took it the wrong way), wasn’t he saying we played two games in quick succession and they haven’t, if they had been able to play their game (speaking about the postponement) they’d have won - I assume he’s alluding the them being ‘out of rhythm’.

Cunt wants to make his mind up. Does he want a break, less games, or not?

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Certainly didn’t get the tantrum we wanted or expected from him and he did give a large element of praise to us, however (unless I’ve took it the wrong way), wasn’t he saying we played two games in quick succession and they haven’t, if they had been able to play their game (speaking about the postponement) they’d have won - I assume he’s alluding the them being ‘out of rhythm’.

Cunt wants to make his mind up. Does he want a break, less games, or not?

It was quite annoying how the presenters in the studio (and Klopp if I remember correctly) all said that we won because we were ‘lucky’

15 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Henry and Gabby put it down to luck. 

Also constantly commented on Salah’s penalty being poor instead of crediting Kasper for the save.

Tbh the penalty was poor - at a height and direction a keeper as good as Kasper was easily going to get to if he chose correctly.

57 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Fair.

The one downside to Prime matches is that my stream is always about 1 minute behind some of my mates.

I got a text saying “YESSSSSSS!!!! GET IN!!!!” whilst the ball was still in our half. I’ve got 200M Fibre through Virgin so it’s not a speed problem, but I’m always behind compared to BT and Sky Sports. Tried PS5, TV and Virgin Box - all behind by a minute.

It still works like a stream. Albeit a legal one. If for any reason it lags for a second here and there and accumulates and you'll be behind. Nothing to do with the speed of your Internet. Best thing to do with Amazon Prime matches is to turn off your phone. Its become a meme about how far behind it cam be. Surely they'll have to look at getting an actual channel on TV soon.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He literally didn't have anything to complain about.

He had 6 days off.

They gave them a penalty.

One of his players broke our players leg last week.

Hes literally run out of excuses.

Salah, Mane, TAA and Alisson all had longer off as well. 

28 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Henry and Gabby put it down to luck. 

Also constantly commented on Salah’s penalty being poor instead of crediting Kasper for the save.

To be fair, for player of Salah’s quality, it was a poor penalty. 

But Kasper still had to guess right and get something on it. We were lucky at times, but the hard work and commitment of the players fully deserved it and made their own luck. So proud of the performance last night. 

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Tbh the penalty was poor - at a height and direction a keeper as good as Kasper was easily going to get to if he chose correctly.

Nah.  Compared to Bertrand's effort last week, Salah's was World Class.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It still works like a stream. Albeit a legal one. If for any reason it lags for a second here and there and accumulates and you'll be behind. Nothing to do with the speed of your Internet. Best thing to do with Amazon Prime matches is to turn off your phone. Its become a meme about how far behind it cam be. Surely they'll have to look at getting an actual channel on TV soon.

I find their match coverage to be excellent. If they could stream in 4K with 15-20 second live delay, they’d be my preferred choice for watching from home.

Although I want to punch myself in the nuts for not going in person last night. One of only 2 Prem matches I’ve missed this season, and the other was due to Covid.

• Like 1

The morning after the night before, and I'm just about getting my voice back. After conceding goals by the bucket, it was a heartening defensive performance against a dangerous team. Every player did his job. Special praise for Schmeichel for those saves and even collecting some crosses, Thomas for betraying his relative lack of experience, KDH for his tireless work, Amartey for being exactly in the right place time after time, and especially Lookman for giving Liverpool so much to occupy their minds, holding up the ball, bringing team mates into play, and for that goal. We defended corners well, but it was noticeable that Liverpool didn't crowd the 6 yard box

After the match I got caught up in the crowd outside the family stand. A potent mix of scousers looking to wind everyone up, and several of our nutters with the same aim. One of the Scouse scumbags deliberately blew all he'd just inhaled from his vape directly into my face, so now I need a Covid test. Delightful people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

The morning after the night before, and I'm just about getting my voice back. After conceding goals by the bucket, it was a heartening defensive performance against a dangerous team. Every player did his job. Special praise for Schmeichel for those saves and even collecting some crosses, Thomas for betraying his relative lack of experience, KDH for his tireless work, Amartey for being exactly in the right place time after time, and especially Lookman for giving Liverpool so much to occupy their minds, holding up the ball, bringing team mates into play, and for that goal. We defended corners well, but it was noticeable that Liverpool didn't crowd the 6 yard box

After the match I got caught up in the crowd outside the family stand. A potent mix of scousers looking to wind everyone up, and several of our nutters with the same aim. One of the Scouse scumbags deliberately blew all he'd just inhaled from his vape directly into my face, so now I need a Covid test. Delightful people.

It's a shame they're such bad losers! There were loads of them looking for a fight, although bizarrely chanting f**k you tory b**tards, even though we're predominantly labour. Strange bunch!