Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Wait a minute...

20211228_185950.jpg

So the important  thing is what did @Raj do after the game with his inbred cousins?

Oh mate, they ALL got messages dont you worry!!!! 🤣🤣  dont think they will talk to me at the next event!!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Same. Brother in Law and 2 nephews support Liverpool despite never having been within 50 miles of Anfield. Last night was a glorious moment. 😂😂

They STILL try to defend it though!!

Salah missed a pen, Mane missed a Sitter, Kasper had a great night..I just send them.images of the scoreboard....eventually it shut the d1cks up!!! 

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 1

Don't want to take anything away from the goal but Trent A-A :jawdrop: ????

I've been bigging him up for the England RB slot but if that's his idea of how to defend a simple give and go......he reminded me of Bertrand playing against Napoli, just wouldn't put the work in to run with his man. A very basic mistake, perhaps I've previously rated him on what he does going forwards and not looked at his bread and butter defending.

From our point of view Lookman was incisive, direct and looks like a goal threat most of the time which has him ahead of Perez for me (I know he was on the left this time but on the right he's a bigger goal threat than Perez too). He needs to be that then we play 4-3-3, equal to Barnes of last season, occupying defenders and looking like he has goals in him.

And whatever happens in the coming months with players hopefully returning, we know we have an extra body now in K D-H to have faith in, can affect a game at this high level of away to Man City, home to Liverpool, he doesn't let opponents settle on the ball and always looks to drive forwards when he has it, a positive, confident mind set. :appl:

• Like 1

The Liverpool fans complaining about us celebrating and the talk about how teams approach them and Man City differently meet to look at themselves. Our work rate today was what made the win. We worked hard against Man City also but Man City also grafted (as Pep teams do). Certain Liverpool players didn't want to graft and thought we'd just be an easy win! Woe them! 

We were superb in my opinion, tactically and with the effort. They all done the job required of them (maybe except Vardy who didn't have a great game but was possibly to do with injury more than anything else). KDH was like a man possessed at times, I've been critical of Thomas in the past but yesterday he was brilliant. Had Salah in his pocket most of the game and also loved him driving forward with the ball. Amartey has been so important for us these last few weeks. He's unassumingly just getting the job done and doing it quite well. Hats off to Kasper, was the leader we needed with his saves.

Finally no goals from set pieces and a clean sheet! Let's hope this is the real turning point. 

A very proud fan! 

14 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I see that Klopp has been blaming Madders for trying to put Salah off by saying something to him before the penalty. 😂 I didn’t pick up on that last night.

You could see Madders right next to Salah when he was getting ready so good on Madders if he did!!!

Surprised the referee  didnt make Salah retake it when kasper saved it!!!

• Like 1

It was the manner of the performance that has lifted so many. All the ugly side of the game, blocks, last ditch headers and tackles, plenty of aggression, passion...just brilliant to see. Throw in a penalty save and sublime goal and you've got it all. Given the level of opposition as well just adds to the achievement coupled with a reserve back 4.

If we can get through this period and elevate the likes of KDH and Thomas with them coming of age then the squad feels that much stronger for it.

• Like 3

Just now, Raj said:

You could see Madders right next to Salah when he was getting ready so good on Madders if he did!!!

Surprised the referee  didnt make Salah retake it when kasper saved it!!!

On  a side note respect to klopp  for the way he hugged KDH and said some words to jim afterwards. Nice touch.

" what shirt size are you Kieran? I'll get some ready for you in summer!"

To a man absolutely brilliant last night well played Leicester Brendan too got it tactically spot on.  Couldnt go last as I have had covid since attending the Liverpool league cup game and drinking in one of their pubs where two scousers were coughing their guts up whilst I was standing at the bar.

Revenge is so sweeet hopefully that has stopped their title aspirations.  

• Like 1

I’d love us to go on a surge forwards now and find the form that had us amongst the top 4 for the last 2 seasons. 

We have the ability within the squad to do this. 

Let’s click into gear and move forwards. 

• Like 1

So pleased to see Brendan get such a top class tune out of the team defensively. Even adjusting the 70/30 zonal into 30/70 man to man on corners paid dividends. And what an atmosphere! For those last 15 minutes the whole club was united, manager, players and supporters. Let's hope this will turn the corner. A night to remember.   

36 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Even if the result hadn’t gone our way that was a fantastic performance. All 14 players battled for themselves and the team in circumstances of real adversity :appl:

Totally agree. The team to a man ran themselves ragged. 

The goal summed up the difference in the teams. TAA couldn’t be bothered to track back and chase Lookman, letting down his fellow defenders. 

We weren’t lucky last night, we had a game plan, albeit mostly defensive strategy, stuck to it  and deservedly kept them out.

Great night, great atmosphere, great performance, great result; nice late Christmas present!

• Like 2

Nice to see us have men on the posts and man-marking from corners. 

Hopefully this will help a bit with our set-piece woes.

And yes I know we have played well with zonal previously, but it’s obvious it’s not been working so surely worth a try?  

Having said that, I did think Liverpool’s approach to corners was a bit odd. There will be sterner set-piece tests to come 

• Like 1