Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Walking behind a Liverpool fan on the way back to my car and heard him moaning about their away support. I quote:

"Shouldn't be allowed at away games until you've been to 100 home Premier league games." 😄

Probably not relevant to anything but it amused me so I thought I'd share...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Just watched the extended highlights on amazon. 

We still lost most aerial duals from corners its just that they didn't win them as convincingly. 

Hoping he sticks with this system but we still look a bit fragile. 

I think the change threw them off. Most teams have come with a plan on set pieces this season to hit the ball into the same area so their runners can attack it as our zonal marking left us very vulnerable. With the switch to man marking that meant they had to switch it up and there was no space for their runners to attack the ball. Even winning headers they couldnt do much with it because they didnt have the time or space to attack the ball properly so most of the time it just hit a head and hope. 

17 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Just watched the extended highlights on amazon. 

We still lost most aerial duals from corners its just that they didn't win them as convincingly. 

Hoping he sticks with this system but we still look a bit fragile. 

Yep they were still winning a lot of the headers but we were doing more to distract them rather than giving them easy free headers. Liverpool have a lot of height in their team

The media really pushing the narrative that we had 6 defenders out, even if it is more of a way of discrediting Klopps moaning about fixture congestion, it's nice that it's been noticed. Just need to stop getting players injured now. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

So proud of the lads, I hope the Brendan out brigade who say he’s lost the dressing room watched that and realised they are playing for him.
Kasper is our number one! He proved thag gt again tonight. Luke Thomas has got to be getting close to an England call! He was out of this world tonight against Salah and TAA. 
KDH every ****ing where, first name on the team sheet!

Amartey and Ndidi a bloody brilliant cb partnership and Lookman sign him up! Substitutes spot on tonight - though not much choice with the injuries.

Great win!!! 
Buzzing!!

oh and a clean sheet!

Agree with everything you posted especially about the Brendan out brigade,no way has he lost the dressing room ,,like I said before foxes never quit  ,proud to be a foxes fan ,

I've seen today that the media are making a lot about Madders' comments to Salah just before his penalty- as if no-one has done this before. Literally happens every single time there's a penalty.

The Liverpool Echo is my favourite take: "What James Maddison DID to Mohamed Salah Before he missed" lolLike he took a flick knife to Mo's achilles or something.

If you read the article (don't bother) it exclusively reveals that Madders 'whispered something to Salah'. 

• Haha 3

If people were singing chants about Hillsborough and them about vichai then that's very very sad all round. Not that I'm suprises me though unfortunately. Some proper knuckle draggers use football as an excuse to be the horrible cretins they are. Remember our first season back up. A bowls club in Leicester opened on request of some of their fans who parked their mini bus there. Decided to repay the old bloke back by trashing the place. 

Apart from that though, excellent. When people were bemoaning how no different could have been done vs man city, that's the tight squeeze space defending I was asking for. Putting everything they had towards the cause. 

KDH has improved and impressed alot so far. Brilliant to have another local and academy lad come through and shine as he has. 

Bid Dan was immense again. 

What a performance. Heroic every single one of the Leicester players. :wub:

I had absolutely no belief in this game. 100 % certain we were gonna get smashed and then the team perform like this. I apologise for the disbelief.

We did ride our luck, especially in the first half, but 2nd half they created very little apart from Mane's big chance and VVD shot at the end. The massive efforts put in by everyone was a joy to behold. The left side with Thomas, KDH and Lookman looked really good and then there was Big Dan just blocking everything.

It feels wonderful to be proud of the team again. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trabuch said:

It's so shit. Embarrassing. Football chants should stick to matters football.  We should get a chant going about the ESL - that is truely shameful and would hurt their fans more. I'm not feeling very creative can't think of one though.

I'm guessing the same could be said about Liverpool fans singing about Munich? 

I'm afraid there's always going to be a basic core fans from all clubs who want to offend and rile the opposition. I wonder how much of it affects any of the players, this sort of general taunting? Probably not much.

• Like 2