Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

I've seen today that the media are making a lot about Madders' comments to Salah just before his penalty- as if no-one has done this before. Literally happens every single time there's a penalty.

The Liverpool Echo is my favourite take: "What James Maddison DID to Mohamed Salah Before he missed" lolLike he took a flick knife to Mo's achilles or something.

If you read the article (don't bother) it exclusively reveals that Madders 'whispered something to Salah'. 

Quite right if Klopp were fuming about that.  After all, it's not as if Liverpool players ever indulge in underhand tactics...  :sleep: :scarf:

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

So I listen to Arlo every week being in the states. It’s useful having a fan in the gantry because he‘ll throw in a few things here and there that represent how we feel about the club etc. 

Last night though I have to say he must’ve been told to ‘cover up his biases’ or something by NBC because he was so apologetic on Liverpool’s behalf. 

If you’re reading this Arlo, you’re speaking to a mass market who have heard more about Liverpool (and every other ‘big club’) than Leicester. Do us a favour and talk us up more. Got a huge hand in our club size mate. Use it.

As I’ve posted this I read down his Twitter feed and can see he’s even taken stick from Liverpool fans even though he was trying to stick up for them. What a bizarre following they have. 

https://twitter.com/arlowhite/status/1475959627607072775?s=20

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Just watched the extended highlights on amazon. 

We still lost most aerial duals from corners its just that they didn't win them as convincingly. 

Hoping he sticks with this system but we still look a bit fragile. 

Just because you get your head on the ball first at a corner doesn’t necessarily mean that you won the duel. We got stuck in, knocked them off stride and no real clear headers for Kasper to deal with. If you know you are not getting your head on the ball, get a strong challenge in which we mostly did last night.

With our revised set up at corners, I couldn’t see Liverpool scoring, especially as they didn’t try any near post flick ons. 

14 minutes ago, KFS said:

As I’ve posted this I read down his Twitter feed and can see he’s even taken stick from Liverpool fans even though he was trying to stick up for them. What a bizarre following they have. 

Cringe to see them playing the victims to such a degree claiming he is "silent" on the chants against them even when he's come out on their side with that tweet. Twitter is a sad, sad place. 

38 minutes ago, KFS said:

Who the **** is Gordon?

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, KFS said:

I don’t get these lot.

I don’t agree with the chants. I don’t sing that sort of stuff myself and wouldn’t allow my son to join in. I think most of the ground thought so too. 

However, tell that to a Liverpool fan whose now got in his head that majority Labour Leicester, is Tory and are making fun of the food banks which many within the ground yesterday regularly donate to.

I shouldn’t say it but the Mancs are right. They’ve got this victim complex and enjoy being on the end of something. No bloody reasoning once they get into the mindsight and it’s quite annoying. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

Amazing performance! Kasper might not leave his line for corners but he had a blinder. Amartey stood up and was amazing. I can't say I was surprised when Ndidi went in a second time like that for the pen', he does it all the time in midfield, those second stabs at the ball he's never getting. I think it's probably hardwired into him or something. Can we take time to appreciate how good Thomas is doing. Having to play because of our injuries, this year and last, has given him all this valuable game time and we're really seeing the benefit. The way he kept getting him and the ball forward was brilliant.  The whole team were aggressive, snappig at them and getting into them. 

I could go on rhapsodizing about all of them tbh. Mild negatives, Tilly didn't look right when he came on. And while it's hard to knock Vardy he looked off the pace. Too often off-side and when the ball turned and we could run at them he wasn't on their defender's shoulder, often too deep. 

20 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

So anyone else reckon Vardy went down for treatment in the second half to give him and the rest of the team a few minutes break? Looked pretty cute, and he wasn't moving notably worse after that... 

He was definitely doing awkward looking hops for 5-10 minutes after. My guess is that adrenaline saw him through and hes probably not moving too well at all today lol

i don't pay much attention to Liverpool fans, such a bunch of whiners. I get a Liverpool fan moaning about how we slowed the game down in the League Cup game and it was bad sportsmanship yadda yadda, when I asked how sportsman-like was it for Morton to break Pereira's leg his reply was, what about Kane.

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t get these lot.

I don’t agree with the chants. I don’t sing that sort of stuff myself and wouldn’t allow my son to join in. I think most of the ground thought so too. 

However, tell that to a Liverpool fan whose now got in his head that majority Labour Leicester, is Tory and are making fun of the food banks which many within the ground yesterday regularly donate to.

I shouldn’t say it but the Mancs are right. They’ve got this victim complex and enjoy being on the end of something. No bloody reasoning once they get into the mindsight and it’s quite annoying. 

Iv just replied to said idiot on Twitter. Sad I know but I’m retired so flying the flag 

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was absolutely everything you want from us. That XI has absolutely no business beating this Liverpool side - yet they threw absolutely everything into that game.

Brilliant. I think bar the FA Cup that's my favourite win under Rodgers.

Absolutely