Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Had a flag request from a Sheff Wednesday fan who wanted  WAWAW on it .He was genuinely shocked that I didn't know what it stood for .🤣

WYSTWWSWY

Don't keep us in suspense...

16 minutes ago, Buce said:

There is no way that a man wearing that hat has a wife.

She wouldn't let him leave the house...

Unless she hates him too and wants others to know what a tw@t he is!!!

59 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Leeds fans do it as well... MOT. 

We don't do enough of FNQ. Get it on your Twitter Face posts, let's annoy everyone else. 

FNQ. 

What's FNQ

Whats MOT?

Where not all millennial you know!!!

9 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Just back from a brief enforced hiatus following the Liverpool game Tuesday night. It seems I offended one or two on here enough to be complained about which led to the mini ban- so apologies if I overstepped the mark 👀 

Great win, great day. Whatever was sung (rightly or wrongly) really did the trick for us. 

I’m genuinely not wanting to perpetuate an argument running into the third day but wanted to comment as I’ve been able to read everything during my break. I think it’s important to remember that like normal songs, football chants lyrics can be interpreted differently by different people to suit each persons mindset/agenda at the time.

I got into quite a civil conversation with a scouser on Twitter during said hiatus. The gist of my comments to him were that whilst singing ‘Always the victims…’ may well have started on the back of the Hillsborough disaster, it doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s what football fans are referring to now. Bare in mind that I’m 35, was 3 years old when Hillsborough happened, and the majority of L and K are probably roughly my age or younger.

They’ve been involved in a heck of a lot of scandals since 1989 as Babylon pointed out in a thread somewhere. To me, its unfortunately a Scousers mindset that all of these are conveniently overlooked when they hear this chant, and is ironically a ‘victim’ mentality when they turn around and say that it’s definitely being sung in reference to Hillsborough. I’d like to think absolutely none of our fans would sing about the tragedy and I genuinely believe that if any were, it would’ve been 1 or 2, with the rest referring to any number of other events where they take on the ‘victim’ mentality that makes them so disliked- The Suarez t shirts not being the only example.

Im sure some on here will tell me I’m hiding behind the above and justifying in my own head it being ‘OK’ to be sung. Not so. Some people on here know me personally and hopefully know that that’s not what I’m about. Others on here won’t have a clue who I am and will think I’m just a d1ck, but that’s fine.

As for that guy who went onto RAWK to apologise ‘on behalf of everyone’- the Scouse aren’t gonna shag you mate 😂

Funnily enough, the Twitter guy stopped replying when, a couple of hours later, I bought up their anti Tory chants and the furlough situation 🤷🏻‍♂️

Onto the game- Proper backs to the wall stuff wasn’t it. We were sloppy, particularly in the first half. But it was great to see some mettle and resilience in us in the second half.

KDH has to take so much credit for his part in what looks like us turning round our woeful performances (not just results- performances) I seem to remember him coming in for a bit of stick in the away end in Warsaw, yet I thought he was the one person who looked to be positive, always looking to carry the ball forward, and pass the ball forward too. Granted, that night most of his stuff didn’t come off, but the positive intent was there. 

Fair play to Rodgers too. It’s 3 games in a row now where we’ve actually been really quite positive and it’s good to see. I’ve been one of his biggest critics on and off FT. Mainly because I couldn’t see him turning this around. Here’s hoping this is the start of me being proven drastically wrong- and if so, that we hold onto him in the summer 

You're definitely someone on here who confuses me (and that is not intended as criticism) because although I disagree with some things you say, or how you phrase things, it is evident that your cerebral cortex is fully functioning and you have a lot to say that's worth hearing.

And no, I know you aren't gonna shag me mate... :whistle:

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're definitely someone on here who confuses me (and that is not intended as criticism) because although I disagree with some things you say, or how you phrase things, it is evident that your cerebral cortex is fully functioning and you have a lot to say that's worth hearing.

And no, I know you aren't gonna shag me mate... :whistle:

One of the terms I’ve used on here before the ban was definitely offensive to Scousers. That was the way it was intended. Think of it as a one man crusade for any of them reading the forum to redress the balance of their ability to ignore certain parts of their history, whilst potentially rewriting other parts of it. That’s all it was. 

I’d not even heard of the particular song until an Everton STH I know of told me of it on a stag do- so Everton fans clearly sing this song- and their derby is thought of as a generally friendly derby

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

One of the terms I’ve used on here before the ban was definitely offensive to Scousers. That was the way it was intended. Think of it as a one man crusade for any of them reading the forum to redress the balance of their ability to ignore certain parts of their history, whilst potentially rewriting other parts of it. That’s all it was. 

I’d not even heard of the particular song until an Everton STH I know of told me of it on a stag do- so Everton fans clearly sing this song- and their derby is thought of as a generally friendly derby

Well I disagree with the efficacy of your crusade, but thank you for bothering to explain. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Did Brendan shake hands with Klopp on Tuesday? The Big Soft German got very close and personal with KDH. 

I'm surprised the League haven't insisted on minimal contact between opposing players and managers given how transmissible this is and how many cases we've had and got in the game at present.