Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Wow! The lads and manager have taken an awful lot of stick recently and rightly so but that was fantastic. A really dogged performance and that’s all we ask for. Brilliant.

Noticeable mentions for Rodgers, Schmeichel, Amartey, Thomas, KDH and Lookman all superb. 

• Like 3

Rode our luck on occasion but wow what a performance. Absolutely dug in and showed the kind on b*llocks we've rarely shown in the past few years.

The kind of performance that could genuinely be a turning point for Rodgers. If we can take that tenacity into the 2nd half of the season I'll be very happy.

Outstanding. 

KDH was my motm, what an absolute hero he is. Every midfielder should have his energy as a minimum. It makes such a difference. 

2 very brave performances in the face of adversity. Im feeling a lot prouder of the team after these past few days.

Rodgers In! 

Good subs, Lookman on and straight away makes an impact. 

Hand was forced with Maddison but did the right thing bringing Albrighton on to put a shift in. 

Save Kel for Saturday I presume, hopefully he and Vardy not injured too badly. 

I like that we didn't go defensive too early after taking the lead. It was almost just happening naturally as they piled players forward as opposed to inviting that on. 

Considering who was available, and the fact Liverpool were fully refreshed, he and the side deserve a shit load of credit. Well in lads! 

• Like 3

Better than the result is that Brendan finally looks to have changed our ways regarding set pieces.

I mean I wasn't counting but Liverpool must of had at least 15 corners.  If we went about that in the way we had in the past 12 months, we'd of shipped 2 or 3 there alone.

Decent result.  25 points almost half way through the season, I'd take 25 more for the rest I think from here if it means getting to the end of the season with a fit squad.

• Like 1

Getting anything against these with our full strength team is an achievement, doing it with the bare bones is absolutely fantastic. 

Thomas my MOTM by far. Looked solid throughout. KDH a contender too.

Thought Soumoure was extremely poor again. Finding it hard to praise him even after that result.

Best defensive display of the season.

Most favourite win of the season.

Best performance from Lookman, he’s much better as a forward. 

KDH will be playing for England if he carries on these types of performances.

Amartey and Thomas were immense.

Kasper looked much better with that set piece setup, as his weaknesses weren’t exposed.  

The two holding players helped the defence. 

How terrible is Soumare? 

• Like 1