Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Calvin Ramsay

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Anyone watched? How’s he looked?

Ramsay had a decent game up against Ryan Kent. Got forward well in the first half. Subbed off second half. Just coming back from injury so he looked spent.

Bassey having a good game. Got into the side at CB due to injuries to Helander and Balogun and keeping both out of the side atm. 

1-1, 10mins to play.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Wonder if we’ll go for this now with the news of Timmy’s injury. JJ won’t be up to speed for a while and Ricky is out for a while too…

Can’t see us wanting to play Albrighton or VDC there all too often!

We should. Wouldn’t be expensive either, I’m hopeful considering we still had scouts there tonight. It makes even more sense for us to sign him now

Edited by LestaLad
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Wonder if we’ll go for this now with the news of Timmy’s injury. JJ won’t be up to speed for a while and Ricky is out for a while too…

Can’t see us wanting to play Albrighton or VDC there all too often!

Albrighton is massively underrated in this position. 

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

Albrighton is massively underrated in this position. 

Agree. Thinking Ramsay is going to come out of the Scottish League at 18 after just coming off of an injury and start for us seems foolish. Not against signing him. Just think having an ok game against Ryan Kent is probably not going to cut it in the Premier League. If we buy him and he's a reincarnation of Fofana then I'll eat my words. Happily!

13 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Live on Sky Sports now vs Rangers. Number 22. Very quiet on this transfer but we have a scout watching him again tonight at Pittodrie, as do Man Utd and Southampton.

Calvin Bassey is also starting for Rangers at CB for wider Leicester interest.

Why did he change his surname from Ughelumba to Bassey? THAT is the main issue here!

• Haha 1

On 29/12/2021 at 23:36, Walkers said:

Well we don't have enough right backs on the books so this can only be a good thing

This was probably tongue in cheek at the time, but now seems strangely prophetic.

2 long term injured and 1 just coming back. Maybe we could crock another one? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

This was probably tongue in cheek at the time, but now seems strangely prophetic.

2 long term injured and 1 just coming back. Maybe we could crock another one? 

We're not Chelsea though we can't just stockpile players and sign them on permanent deals then end up with 5 or 6 options for full back when everybody is fit

13 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

How much is he valued at?

If he is to move this window, my guess is it’ll be for between £4-6mil with add-ons possibly taking it up to around £8mil.

All guesswork based on noises on the Aberdeen side though.

Edited by LCCFox96

Being a Scotland fan, my opinion on signing this lad is split. I would love to sign him if we are going to play him but if we are just going to repeatedly pap him out on loan until he's 22 before expecting him to compete with top internationals for a place then I'd rather not. 

With no Ricardo or Castagne, if he didn't get a game for us now, he never would. The prospect of having him AND Patterson in the Scotland side is just too good. Especially with Tierney and Robertson on the other side. 

Brendans response to if we would sign another full back this window. “No, with the finances in January, we'll make do with the squad that we have. We have players that can fill in with the position and JJ is coming back. So no, we won't be in the market for a full-back.”

14 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Brendans response to if we would sign another full back this window. “No, with the finances in January, we'll make do with the squad that we have. We have players that can fill in with the position and JJ is coming back. So no, we won't be in the market for a full-back.”

That probably makes sense if Justin’s return goes smoothly. We’ve eaten a decent chunk of Ricardo’s time out as well with the games being cancelled.

Hopefully Ramsay is still available in the summer. He’s a massive talent and long term could be a great addition for us. For now he’s probably best at Aberdeen to build up his first team experience.

Aberdeen also sold a loanee to Atlanta United - a RB named Ronald Hernandez - and got about £700-800k for him. If you excuse the shady as fvck series of deals where Aberdeen basically acted as a holding club for him to loan out to Atlanta before selling him to for basically the same fee they paid, then that might give them the funds they need to strengthen the squad and avoid selling another big asset like Ramsay.

2 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

If he is to move this window, my guess is it’ll be for between £4-6mil with add-ons possibly taking it up to around £8mil.

All guesswork based on noises on the Aberdeen side though.

...more likely £10m, you are not going to allow a talent with more than two Premier League clubs vying for him to go for less!!!