Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Calvin Ramsay

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.record.pt/internacional/paises/inglaterra/leicester-city/detalhe/ricardo-pereira-renova-com-o-leicester

Portuguese international Ricardo Pereira, 28, has renewed his contract with Leicester. According to what Record found, the agreement with the English club was extended for another 5 years, now extending until 2026.

Yeah I'm not sure the story is true.

3 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Their view. Strange how they're demanding we pay up to £7m for him. Christ we pay that for clappers and free mince pies. 

https://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45807-calvin-ramsay/page/21/#comments

They wanted 5m acouple of months ago, read the most they actually sold a player was for 3 to 4m

Makes sense for our usual business. Similar to when we signed Justin.

Whilst we have plenty of RB’s at the club. Ricardo could easily be seen as more of a RW option, especially as he’s so injury hit these days.

Castagne can slot in on the left, similar to Justin being a LB who can slot in on the right. Think Ramsey could be a really nice squad option for a couple of seasons and then we see where he’s at.

Probably more likely that we are keeping a bit of an eye on Scotland at the moment. In recent memory, we've been linked with Neilson At Utd, Doig at Hibs and now this lad... add Ben Nelson to that and that's an all Scottish back four of the future. 

Edited by Scotch
Should say that I meant DUNDEE UTD.

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Probably more likely that we are keeping a bit of an eye on Scotland at the moment. In recent memory, we've been linked with Neilson At Utd, Doig at Hibs and now this lad... add Ben Nelson to that and that's an all Scottish back four of the future. 

....just wondering if we are taking the easy option as opposed to looking at the Americas where there is exceptional quality but a gamble with adapting to our league!!!

If we look close enough, there is an abundance of talent in Europe who we should be looking to scout, as there are prolific midfielders, wide forwards under contracts but with achievable prices. 

7 hours ago, Scotch said:

We've also seen links for us wanting to recruit more scouts focusing in Scotland too. 

18 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Just get anyone in.  We need to find 11 plus the bench quota. If they can kick a ball, gerrimin.

This sentence shows why people on this forum are not football managers :D

• Like 2

On 29/12/2021 at 23:35, Ric Flair said:

Scouted Football featured him on their podcast a few months ago, he's destined to be a star.

I don't see where he fits in here though unless one of Castagne or Ricardo are sold.

Obviously if both are fit he's not going to get a look in, but there's still another 50 weeks of the year to account for.

5m seems peanuts when we wasted 14m on Vestergaard. Seems like alot of clubs are interested in him including Liverpool who always love strong Scottish defenders. Looking online the experts seem to be raving about him, probably be worth Maguire money plus in several years time when the likes of Man U or Man City want him

On 03/01/2022 at 16:38, LCCFox96 said:

Post on the Aberdeen forum I use from their main ITK:

"Lots of activity going on but very little decided. I understand at present….

Ramsay likely to go in an auction but be loaned back for the rest of season. Young replacement already identified 

Ferguson likely to go. Club believe the up front fee will be met

Hedges turned down deal to be highest paid player. Will go in January if McGrath secured & fee reached".

One would assume from the Scott Burns rumours on Twitter that we will be amongst those sniffing around in the 'auction' Aberdeen are pushing. I've included the spiel on Lewis Ferguson and Ryan Hedges as if they secure the fees they are looking for those two - both of whom want away - that will drive the Ramsay price up.

The other interesting thing to watch here is Nathan Patterson's move from Rangers to Everton. Looks like that will go through for anything between £10-16mil which is a colossal fee for a kid with less than 20 league appearances. He's a big talent too and a full international though. I'd imagine the Aberdeen board will point at that sale (their fans certainly will if nothing else out of sheer hatred for Rangers!) to justify a sizeable fee. Consensus at Aberdeen seems to be whoever signs him will loan him back until the summer so I would guess it'll be £4-6mil up front with smaller add-ons to cover the loan. Really excited for this, and I hope we do make a move for him.

Auction??? 

38 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Seems a very decent prospect, uses his left foot for shooting which is nice to see 

He's definately got potential. Can't say I've saw a lot of him and that video doesn't have a whole lot of defending in it so it will be interesting to see how much of his Flair and attacking capabilities he loses when that's added but I definately wouldn't be against signing him and loaning him straight back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AmyLGK said:

Auction??? 

Quoted from the ITK poster on the Aberdeen forum. See post above.

He essentially means that Aberdeen are driving a bidding war between multiple interested parties which he's loosely referring to as an auction. Unsurprising as for clubs of Aberdeen's size, players with the reputation and talent of Ramsay, especially at his young age, do not come around so often.

• 2 weeks later...

Live on Sky Sports now vs Rangers. Number 22. Very quiet on this transfer but we have a scout watching him again tonight at Pittodrie, as do Man Utd and Southampton.

Calvin Bassey is also starting for Rangers at CB for wider Leicester interest.

Anyone watched? How’s he looked?

8 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Live on Sky Sports now vs Rangers. Number 22. Very quiet on this transfer but we have a scout watching him again tonight at Pittodrie, as do Man Utd and Southampton.

Calvin Bassey is also starting for Rangers at CB for wider Leicester interest.