Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Calvin Ramsay

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

You’d imagine the asking price has gone up after seeing Everton spunk £15m on the Rangers right back kid.

Patterson is a full international and Scotlands first choice RB though...

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You’d imagine the asking price has gone up after seeing Everton spunk £15m on the Rangers right back kid.

Possibly but there's a big difference in what Rangers and Celtic can command and what the likes of Aberdeen can. I imagine it would be more like £6-7m with a few million in add ons, huge for them.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/calvin-ramsay-bid-rejected-aberdeen-26079700

Scott Burns claiming Leeds and Leicester both approached Aberdeen around a fee but were not prepared to pay the same fee as Bologna. Looks like it'll be a take it or leave it situation for Ramsay with Bologna's offer which means Aberdeen will probably sit tight until the summer. To that end it'll be interesting to see how Ramsay features today vs St Johnstone, I think he'll probably start.

Ryan Hedges set to move to Blackburn for £200k and around £800k in for Ronald Hernandez, that coupled with one of their big earners (Niall McGinn), an expensive loanee (Longstaff), and a few flops (Samuels and Gurr) leaving means they've probably got enough in their armoury to strengthen and sit tight on Ramsay until the summer. If he has another impressive 6months, with his contract still having 2 years on it, they'll arguably be in a stronger position.

• 4 months later...
On 29/12/2021 at 23:35, Ric Flair said:

Scouted Football featured him on their podcast a few months ago, he's destined to be a star.

I don't see where he fits in here though unless one of Castagne or Ricardo are sold.

That doesn't stop Chelsea stockpiling young talent and making fortunes.  I think it is a very good model to take in rising stars if you can attract them and loan them out in the short term.

43 minutes ago, murphy said:

That doesn't stop Chelsea stockpiling young talent and making fortunes.  I think it is a very good model to take in rising stars if you can attract them and loan them out in the short term.

We've never had any interest in putting aside a proportion of our budget for development type players or investments to make money on without using them ourselves. I still think we could do this even without spending a great deal but the club won't do it.