Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City captain Kasper Schmeichel is the subject of a new ITV documentary.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We’re the luckiest fans in England in at least 2 generations 

Was about to post something similar.  Even the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool etc. The feeling of our Premier league win eclipses anything they can feel about their clubs. But even other seasons like the promotion season which I still have such fond memories of. It has truly been a privilege supporting this club 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Was about to post something similar.  Even the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool etc. The feeling of our Premier league win eclipses anything they can feel about their clubs. But even other seasons like the promotion season which I still have such fond memories of. It has truly been a privilege supporting this club 

Likewise what you’ve put here was exactly what I was telling the apprentice this morning. He’s a leicester fan, but I still don’t think he gets it. Can’t really blame him. I suppose. You’ve got to have lived through it to really and truly understand it

• Like 2

I've seen another video interview with Schmeichel, an he really does seem to have a good blend of compassion when needed, an "no bullshit filter" when that's needed. I do feel a bit guilty for ever criticising him, he's a human we all make mistakes, you can tell his heart is in the right place, and his highest of goalkeeping skill has also been there in the vital moments.

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know it’s been said a lot but we’ve come so far in the last ten years. It’s actually hard to believe. 

So true. You can understand Kasper's Dad wondering about Leicester at the time. Having followed the club since 1963 I questioned my own sanity during the lows and disappointments. To stop and think what we have done since our owners took over is just remarkable and no surprise we get so emotional  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1