Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City captain Kasper Schmeichel is the subject of a new ITV documentary.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I know it's probably not true and it's a bit of revisionism but I get this feeling with us that if you just changes one aspect of it, the rest wouldn't have happened. Mandaric doesn't sell to the Thai's, Big nige doesn't come back for his second spell,  we don't sign the likes of Kasper, Vardy, Morgan etc. Deeney doesn't score that goal, We don't pull off the great escape and so on. It's an unbelievable story

Yep, it's all down to the Birch phoning mandaric and begging him to buy the club. Thanks to them knowing each other from the USA. Mad.

Just now, shailen said:

Interesting that Nige didn't fancy him initially but his opinion changed quickly. At least some good came from the Sven revolution as not many other managers would have signed him at the time! 

You get the impression that Nige could either tear strips off of you or make you feel like a million dollars. It's great to hear first hand the impact he had for us

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Peter and Kasper really hate Leeds lol 

Some of their comments on Leeds were absolute fire lol Tell you what, I'd have paid good money to have listened in on the conversation between Kasper and some rogue Leeds fan trying to justify the 'Your Dad's a c**t but you're alright' chant as terrace banter.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shailen said:

Interesting that Nige didn't fancy him initially but his opinion changed quickly. At least some good came from the Sven revolution as not many other managers would have signed him at the time! 

I think that was just Nigels instant disliking of the players Sven had brought in more than anything else. I always think players like Fernandes at that time were just a victim of the mission to as get rid of as many of that lot as possible.

Obviously I'm glad he did do that and I still think Nigel and his staff are the most important in our history, but there was a few like Nugent and Kasper that come good out of that lot.

• Like 2

Such a huge range of emotions after that. 

It first and foremost made me feel incredibly lucky to have witnessed this. No matter what happens with us as a club, no one can take that from us. 

It makes our current dip seem irrelevant as we are bigger than any spell of poor form, it's our love of the club that matters. 

But it also made me feel worried that we've already lost so much of what made us special during that time. Vichai, Fuchs, Morgan, Pearson... Men that you could really depend and believe in. Kasper, Vardy and Kevin are all that we really have left of that and I don't see it in much of our current squad. I see it in Rodgers, that winning resolve. I see it in Maddison, regardless of his 10k backpack, his French bulldog and his wispy beard. I see it in Youri but other than that.... There is quality, ofcourse but that fighters mentality? 

I'm probably reading too much into the doc as it made me emotional but regardless of what happens, I'm so fuching proud to support this club regardless of what happens in the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I actually think Nige did rate him but it’s just a case of his excellent man management. It’s clear that Kasper has this drive to prove people wrong. Being told that he wasn’t fancied initially would’ve driven him - it’s great way of getting your player to react, even if it was just an attempt to just prove you wrong. 

I remember watching an interview with Matt Oakley a few years back where Nige did the opposite. Oakley was under the impression that Nige didn’t really fancy him. Nige came across to him after the first training session, put his arm around him and said something along the lines of “you’re sticking around to help us aren’t you?”. Oakley said he immediately felt settled and determined to do well.

People can say what they like about Pearson but he had man management and knowing your players, right most of the time. 

Very good judge of character. Getting rid of the likes of Mills, Beckford and even Danns and replacing them with Morgan, Drinkwater and Vardy - all three (at the time) being lesser names but perhaps stronger mentality gave us an incredible spine, alongside Kasper that won us two league titles. 

I still to this day haven't seen anyone do what Nigel and the recruitment staff did in terms of having one of the biggest budgets for a league, and signing nothing but unheard of gems or very modest names at that. 

It would have been the easiest thing in the world to replace Sven with another "big name" has been and open another cheque book, but doing what we did was the first of many masterstrokes. Let's not forget at the time of Sven's sacking the club was a bit of a circus and the owners were quite heavily criticised because they knew nothing about football. Its easy to forget all that kind of thing now.

• Like 1

Pleased to read it wasn't just me welling up. 

The programme really contextualised the last few years and we've been incredibly lucky to have such incredible people own and work for our club. 

I trudged around the country for the best part of 30 years watching us mainly be crap but the last 10 years or so I feel incredibly privileged and proud to support the club and this city. 

Kasper is a true modern day hero in the fullness of what that means 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawk17 said:

Hey guys - is there anyway to watch this if you're outside the UK? Would massively appreciate any help. Looks like the ITV Hub won't work for those outside UK but could very well just be me stuffing it up. Thank you!

For anyone else who only has ITV4 on Freeview, therefore only in SD, it’s repeated on the main ITV channel on Thursday at 10.45pm in glorious HD.

Not sure if that helps? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I know it's probably not true and it's a bit of revisionism but I get this feeling with us that if you just changes one aspect of it, the rest wouldn't have happened. Mandaric doesn't sell to the Thai's, Big nige doesn't come back for his second spell,  we don't sign the likes of Kasper, Vardy, Morgan etc. Deeney doesn't score that goal, We don't pull off the great escape and so on. It's an unbelievable story

Reads like a horry story this. I'm so glad Deeney banged that one in. In retrospect😁

Getting relegated to L1 was actually brilliant for the squad, got us used to winning, as Schmiks says, they were used to being chased as league leaders. We had more "winners" in that squad before we actually won the league than Tottenham did, our mentality was stronger. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Does anybody else ever get it where suddenly the magnitude of our league win hits you out of nowhere? That happened to us!

Yeah it's the gift that keeps on giving, genuinely pity all other football supporters..  And the FA cup is like fvck off we can't of done that as well... must be glitch in the matrix. We are so lucky to be living in the version of reality where Leicester won the prem.  

I was just looking at Kaspers average match ratings for this year (as you do on a coffee break) and I was shocked to see him down as an average 5.9. For me 2021 goes down as one of his best seasons. Maybe I’m watching a different game but does anyone know how many points he has saved us this season compared to other keepers?.
That documentary stirred my emotions I know but he is deservedly an absolute legend of the club and a top bloke too. I hope when they are choosing a statue to mark the opening of the redevelopment of the ground he will be included in some way. Actually that would make a great new thread. What/who would you like to see?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I was just looking at Kaspers average match ratings for this year (as you do on a coffee break) and I was shocked to see him down as an average 5.9. For me 2021 goes down as one of his best seasons. Maybe I’m watching a different game but does anyone know how many points he has saved us this season compared to other keepers?.
That documentary stirred my emotions I know but he is deservedly an absolute legend of the club and a top bloke too. I hope when they are choosing a statue to mark the opening of the redevelopment of the ground he will be included in some way. Actually that would make a great new thread. What/who would you like to see?

On here?

I think people are normally over emotional when doing them, so don't hold much by them.

I think you are better looking at a impartial site.  

46 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

People are being brainwashed into thinking he’s not a good keeper because he’s not a good passer of the ball.

Granted, Kasper could eliminate this by not trying to play the Beckham pass, but irrespective of that, I think he’s the best shot stopper in the league 

• Like 2