Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City captain Kasper Schmeichel is the subject of a new ITV documentary.

Very good documentary for a top top keeper who we’ve been lucky to have all these years, for his shot stopping and his leadership. Although i think him and Schmeichel Snr are talking pish when it comes to the Euro semi final, the only reason they were ever in the lead was from dodgy officiating so cant blame that for the loss. 

Edited by South Shire Fox

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

On here?

I think people are normally over emotional when doing them, so don't hold much by them.

I think you are better looking at a impartial site.  

Yes I think you are right. You only have to see how one week Maddison is a passenger or Brendan out of ideas and the next week they are the new messi and the greatest tactician ever.

Over time you’d expect the levels to be about right as they average out. I sound like I’m defending VAR or referees now!! 😀

• Like 1

Shows how much it means to some players to feel loved and welcomed by fans. 

It not always about being at the biggest clubs and being the best paid all the time. 

The word Legend is use to often, but no enough in Kasper case. 

Shame he's not likely to break our apps record, only 9 away for being in the top 3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Yes I think you are right. You only have to see how one week Maddison is a passenger or Brendan out of ideas and the next week they are the new messi and the greatest tactician ever.

Over time you’d expect the levels to be about right as they average out. I sound like I’m defending VAR or referees now!! 😀

....it doesn't level out, all the comments are at a specific time and moment!!!

Like a snapshot, the comments are coloured by what has recently happened, in order to evaluate the degree of supporter satisfaction you will have to go through and effectively score all the previous comments individually and then assess the overall values.

At this moment Maddison is playing with intelligence and confidence, we have seen this before, it needs to be a matter of consistency.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it doesn't level out, all the comments are at a specific time and moment!!!

Like a snapshot, the comments are coloured by what has recently happened, in order to evaluate the degree of supporter satisfaction you will have to go through and effectively score all the previous comments individually and then assess the overall values.

At this moment Maddison is playing with intelligence and confidence, we have seen this before, it needs to be a matter of consistency.

I was looking at the averages over the season so the average of all the average scores in each match. That’s why I was surprised he was so low. 

8 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Getting relegated to L1 was actually brilliant for the squad, got us used to winning, as Schmiks says, they were used to being chased as league leaders. We had more "winners" in that squad before we actually won the league than Tottenham did, our mentality was stronger. 

True, winning titles is as much about handling pressure as it is about ability. We had warriors who had experience being chased in a title race. Spurs didn't and that's why they crumbled.

Historically there is no precedent to what we did that year but they were warriors.  Forest in the dark ages magnificent as it was is not quite the same. Championship winning teams have largely struggled in the premiership. Most of that team were unknowns or journey men. Huth had history and we had some winning experience at lower levels but as the program explained we were all but down the previous season until March when we went on the winning streak that became the great escape. We suddenly found a formula that worked in the premiership. Even then we brought in some new faces and a new manager for the title winning season. What the team did then, the way they all maintained top form, worked together in the counter attack system they did and stayed relatively injury free is the stuff of legend. Where is that feature film!

22 minutes ago, Haydos said:

I still well up when I hear people talk about Vichai. It always catches me off guard as well. It's amazing what one man's legacy can do. I don't know how we dug deep after what happened yet we managed it.

Kasper, man. What a wonderful ambassador to the club. There'll be a big hole to fill the day he leaves.

You’ve absolutely nailed it. Just watched and it drew tears in many places. 

Great programme - very well made -80% leicester- probably just like Kasper - close to tears plenty of times - shows how amazing our club is - loves every minute of it - Kaspers story is very much like our own - what a decade we have had - I still pinch myself- so proud 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AjcW said:

Makes me remember how privileged I am

to have experienced these highs AND lows in the last ten years. 

They’re experiences that have transcended football and filtered into our personal lives.

I know many on here say it but whenever I see Vichais face on a VT or footage of what happened that night, I absolutely ball as if it’s a family member. 

That’s not normal, but we’re not a normal club and that wasn’t a normal thing to experience. 

Im excited for the next ten years, and I hope all the current squad have watched this tonight!

I'm sure most fans had / have a tear in their eyes, both sadness and pride.

Enjoyable as it was, it only scrapped the surface. The story needs to be told in a full length documentary of which Kasper would clearly be a prominent figure. I think it would have much more than limited to LCFC fans as an audience as its the greatest football underdog story ever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Enjoyable as it was, it only scrapped the surface. The story needs to be told in a full length documentary of which Kasper would clearly be a prominent figure. I think it would have much more than limited to LCFC fans as an audience as its the greatest football underdog story ever. 

Or even greatest underdog story in the history of sport?

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Great goalkeeper and servant for this club and if I hadn't had the misfortune of meeting him once I'd probably be more of a fan 🤣

Never meet your heroes chaps, you'll only be disappointed 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

8 hours ago, Mikw said:

I'm lucky enough to have met Kasper on a few occassions, he's a different breed really. A thoroughly nice chap. Intellegent and has an aura of trustworthiness about him.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Great goalkeeper and servant for this club and if I hadn't had the misfortune of meeting him once I'd probably be more of a fan 🤣

Never meet your heroes chaps, you'll only be disappointed 

No surprise here