Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City captain Kasper Schmeichel is the subject of a new ITV documentary.

21 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Very good documentary for a top top keeper who we’ve been lucky to have all these years, for his shot stopping and his leadership. Although i think him and Schmeichel Snr are talking pish when it comes to the Euro semi final, the only reason they were ever in the lead was from dodgy officiating so cant blame that for the loss. 

I'm sure I saw a wonderstrike in there somewhere and it wasn't Kane's follow-up from the penalty...
But of course that day will feel like a huge missed opportunity even if England were superior in many aspects that day. Ultimately it came down to an arguably dodgy call - no doubt that's what the English would've felt if the shoe was on the other foot.

37 minutes ago, shen said:

I'm sure I saw a wonderstrike in there somewhere and it wasn't Kane's follow-up from the penalty...
But of course that day will feel like a huge missed opportunity even if England were superior in many aspects that day. Ultimately it came down to an arguably dodgy call - no doubt that's what the English would've felt if the shoe was on the other foot.

Yes but there wouldnt of been a wonderstrike if a very dodgy freekick hadnt been given just moments before it. Both teams had poor officiating that day 

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Yes but there wouldnt of been a wonderstrike if a very dodgy freekick hadnt been given just moments before it. Both teams had poor officiating that day 

It’s not exactly the same is it?

Soft free kick 25 yards out is about a 10-20% chance of scoring, a soft penalty is about a 75-80% chance of scoring.

More to the point England battered Denmark after the hour mark and it was only a brilliant performance by Schmeichel that stopped it from being a bit of a rout. Had England not won it would have been something of a smash-and-grab from Denmark.

I don’t think Denmark can have any complaints, they were outplayed, but I do understand that getting such a soft penalty leaves a bitter taste in the mouth even if you’ve been outplayed - I’m sure most of us remember that Mane dive at Anfield a couple of years ago but we were very fortunate to have got to injury time at 1-1 in the first place.

20 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Soft free kick 25 yards out is about a 10-20% chance of scoring, a soft penalty is about a 75-80% chance of scoring.

More to the point England battered Denmark after the hour mark and it was only a brilliant performance by Schmeichel that stopped it from being a bit of a rout. Had England not won it would have been something of a smash-and-grab from Denmark.

I don’t think Denmark can have any complaints, they were outplayed, but I do understand that getting such a soft penalty leaves a bitter taste in the mouth even if you’ve been outplayed - I’m sure most of us remember that Mane dive at Anfield a couple of years ago but we were very fortunate to have got to injury time at 1-1 in the first place.

Yes but thats what im saying, they come across as in the referee was the only reason they lost with the ‘Did the best team win? England won’ comment when in reality they got battered for the majority of the game and benefitted from dodgy decisions themselves. Just sour grapes i suppose

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Does anyone know how us folks not in the UK can see this documentary please? It's not been uploaded to Youtube as far as I can tell. My wife has a vpn on her phone so I can try that route. Is it ITV?

It's on ITV1 at 22:30 UK time tonight. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ttfn said:

Perfectly summed up. It would have been a smash and grab akin to our FA Cup win. There are some parallels there for sure, although Chelsea didn't outplay us as bad as England outplayed Denmark, but you get my drift.

12 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Yes but thats what im saying, they come across as in the referee was the only reason they lost with the ‘Did the best team win? England won’ comment when in reality they got battered for the majority of the game and benefitted from dodgy decisions themselves. Just sour grapes i suppose

I suppose it's difficult when you're in the middle of it instead of being a spectator. I believe the players truly felt aggrieved by the penalty decision - as mentioned before, it cannot be compared with a soft free kick early in the game. You can understand that when you're up against it, as they were, it's extra tough to accept when the 'fine margins' to go against it.

Kasper was obviously on the right side of those margins a few weeks before, but we weren't complaining then or saying it was a lucky win, did we?

On 13/01/2022 at 09:09, Chocolate Teapot said:

Great goalkeeper and servant for this club and if I hadn't had the misfortune of meeting him once I'd probably be more of a fan 🤣

Never meet your heroes chaps, you'll only be disappointed 

Did he call your dad a cnut too?

• Haha 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Did he call your dad a cnut too?

No just me. For asking how his injury was. Turns out it was quite the sensitive subject at the time under puel....

12 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Anybody know if this is or is likely to pop up on any streaming sites where you could watch from US?

You should be able to get a free VPN so your device thinks it's in the UK and you can watch on ITV Hub.

That was very emotional. 

I've always been a big Kasper fan and defended him.

Wow. The guy is even more of a fvcking hero in my eyes.

Love him and proud that he's our keeper.

Some of you can slag off his distribution all you like...he did his job perfectly in the FA Cup Final.

Two of the best saves I've ever seen. And in one game.