Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buzzell

Lucas Digne

39 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Just added up the last 3 seasons and we have spent pretty much 200 million.

But this is the total fee with add ons etc. 

So Youri 40, Perez 30 and Fofana 30 is half of the total spend. Which as we know isn't the 'acual' amount we've paid.

...what about our outgoings, any figures attributed to our finances in that period must surely include the sales of players in that time frame!!!

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you kidding me? Before they sold Grealish they'd spent the best part of £250m in the first two seasons. They have now sold Grealish for £100m and invested all of that plus another £25m on Digne and the fee they'll have chuffed up for Countinho's loan. 

They are not doing things carefully, but they obviously believe they'll not run in to any problems. 

it’s a gamble for sure. In Gerrard they trust.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what about our outgoings, any figures attributed to our finances in that period must surely include the sales of players in that time frame!!!

Thats it. Its usual in vs outgoings overall. Outgoings is about 220 million for the last 3 season.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/12476234/transfer-centre-live-no-new-pogba-contract-offer-since-last-summer?postid=3215516#liveblog-body

Lucas Digne on his move to Villa - "It was the main factor. I came here for the manager" 

Also you've got to put Coutinho in the same boat. Not a chance he agrees to Villa without Gerrard. 

Such a difference Gerrard is already making to that club. 

2 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/12476234/transfer-centre-live-no-new-pogba-contract-offer-since-last-summer?postid=3215516#liveblog-body

Lucas Digne on his move to Villa - "It was the main factor. I came here for the manager" 

Also you've got to put Coutinho in the same boat. Not a chance he agrees to Villa without Gerrard. 

careful chap you’ll get slated saying things like that!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Bit like the difference lampard made at Chelsea.....

9 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

...that and £160k a week 

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Help me understand the relevance to Lampard and Chelsea?

Really?

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Really?

Really.

I’m struggling to see the point made in my post with Villa not exactly having a huge pull to  players with perceived bigger reputations and Gerrard helping attract said players and then linking this to Lampard and Chelsea?

Especially given Lampard was under a transfer embargo for his first season and Chelsea in their own right having the ability and finance behind them to attract players of certain quality irrelevant of the manager.

I don’t understand the comparison. 

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

...that and £160k a week 

Without having any substance to back what im about to say up, you could imagine he was going to be on a fair wage at Everton already. 

Firstly, coming from Barca. Secondly Everton throwing around money at the point of him signing at least suggests he wasn’t struggling.

Finally, if he was chasing the money surely he’d have done a Trippier and ended up at the Toon?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Really.

I’m struggling to see the point made in my post with Villa not exactly having a huge pull to  players with perceived bigger reputations and Gerrard helping attract said players and then linking this to Lampard and Chelsea?

Especially given Lampard was under a transfer embargo for his first season and Chelsea in their own right having the ability and finance behind them to attract players of certain quality irrelevant of the manager.

I don’t understand the comparison. 

Firstly I take it with a pinch of salt. All players say the manager was a huge factor. Maddison said puel was a massive factor in him signing.

Secondly, all the Chelsea players said the same and he went a few months later.

Gerrard was a massive player, he's not achieved a huge amount in his career as a manager. Nothing compared to benitez. He's certainly talking a good game and playing the big stern man role but it's not started that well at Villa, they've basically stayed the same distance off the top 6 since he arrived and they couldn't beat a dreadful united team on Monday. Time will tell but I have my doubts and equally I wouldn't read into the Gerrard got me here comments. 

Digne has been offered to every club in the prem, not many will pay him 140k a week and he's not renowned for being a great character. The same with Coutinho- been available for ages but no ones has bitten. Villa have more money than sense and I genuinely don't think they know how to comply with FFP. 

We'll see....

8 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Firstly I take it with a pinch of salt. All players say the manager was a huge factor. Maddison said puel was a massive factor in him signing.

Secondly, all the Chelsea players said the same and he went a few months later.

Gerrard was a massive player, he's not achieved a huge amount in his career as a manager. Nothing compared to benitez. He's certainly talking a good game and playing the big stern man role but it's not started that well at Villa, they've basically stayed the same distance off the top 6 since he arrived and they couldn't beat a dreadful united team on Monday. Time will tell but I have my doubts and equally I wouldn't read into the Gerrard got me here comments. 

Digne has been offered to every club in the prem, not many will pay him 140k a week and he's not renowned for being a great character. The same with Coutinho- been available for ages but no ones has bitten. Villa have more money than sense and I genuinely don't think they know how to comply with FFP. 

We'll see....

I see your points. 

That said, and to your point on Coutinho being available for ages, from memory, at least three transfer windows not at one point were Villa in the mix. Maybe the funds from the Grealish transfer had an impact being able to consider the finances to support the deal but I don’t see Coutinho at Villa without Gerrard. He could have taken a pay cut (assuming he has) and ended up at a number of clubs (again only based on reports). What pull would Villa have to Coutinho without Gerrard. Life in Birmingham at a mid table prem club with only mediocre talent doesn’t sound of great appeal.

Digne, if chasing money goes to Newcastle.

Not saying Gerrard has pulled up any trees in his management career, and quite rightly as a comparable to someone like Benitez, shouldn’t be considered in the same breath.

It’ll be interesting. Coutinho, on loan for the remainder of the season has the potential to be an unbelievable signing. 

Anyway, that’s my two pennies worth. 👍🏻