Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Bertrand

Got to be more to the covid situation. He looked a good option in preseason and showed a bit of experience and class which we had been lacking, to go completely other end of the spectrum is just bizarre.

We have a number of people coming through our long covid rehab programme who regularly run, cycle have active jobs and now struggle to leave the house now due to physical and mental related issues. Im only speculating but it wouldn't surprise me if he's suffering some long term effects, surely an experienced pro doesn't just decide to down tools at his age.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

He’s been hideous for the Saints since 2019/20 if you listen/read anything they’ve said about him.

They allegedly offered him a year contract which we decided to trump.

Genuinely one of the worst transfers we’ve done in a long time, don’t even want to know what signing on fee he got too.

Fair enough, can only go off the performances I saw against Villarreal and Man City in which I thought he looked handy.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

One of them climate change protestors could play the opposition onside by being chained to the goalposts as fluently as Ryan can and if they're under 21 then we ain't got to name them in our 25 man squad.

GET HIM GONE

I don't think he will get gone until the end of his contract. But I don't know if he will be in the 25 man squad. He has "injured for the season" written all ove that way-more-bloated-than-last-year face.

We can only give him one more chance to prove himself to Rogers and us that he can play a part this season. If he still looks like sheizer after a few games than he needs to be rid of somehow. We can’t have useless passengers in this team.

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

We can only give him one more chance to prove himself to Rogers and us that he can play a part this season. If he still looks like sheizer after a few games than he needs to be rid of somehow. We can’t have useless passengers in this team.

I don't even think he deserves another opportunity, nor do I think he'll get one. He'll be kept around as an emergency if about 12 players all get injured. Doesn't even sound like he's training from what people have posted, and he hadn't been seen in training for ages in the second half of last season either.

One thing I've been thankful for since Pearson arrived is that I think our squads have been, in general, very likeable. My friends who support other teams always seem to be ranting about one player or another, they all have players they don't like or don't rate at all, whereas that's never really been the case for me. Of course we've had players who aren't great, aren't quite up to scratch, don't fit in with the style of play etc. but in recent years I can't think of anyone I've had an outright dislike for.

Until now. **** off Ryan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/07/2022 at 08:43, st albans fox said:

if I was the underwriter I’d have a few queries …….

Underwriter has already done his bit. Claims handler, maybe. 

If we report the claim in to the underwriters; then there needs to be a change to management at the club.

11 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Underwriter has already done his bit. Claims handler, maybe. 

If we report the claim in to the underwriters; then there needs to be a change to management at the club.

would it surprise you?  probably 14 seconds after the policy expires!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2022 at 15:14, Guest said:

One thing I've been thankful for since Pearson arrived is that I think our squads have been, in general, very likeable. My friends who support other teams always seem to be ranting about one player or another, they all have players they don't like or don't rate at all, whereas that's never really been the case for me. Of course we've had players who aren't great, aren't quite up to scratch, don't fit in with the style of play etc. but in recent years I can't think of anyone I've had an outright dislike for.

Until now. **** off Ryan.

Agreed, I hate Bertrand more than any other player we've had going back to the mid 2000s.

This includes the likes of Kermo...

We won't be able to shift him, he'll stick around like a nugget of turd that won't flush away, draining our cash like an overinflated bullfrog. ****ing see you next Tuesday Ryan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed, I hate Bertrand more than any other player we've had going back to the mid 2000s.

This includes the likes of Kermo...

We won't be able to shift him, he'll stick around like a nugget of turd that won't flush away, draining our cash like an overinflated bullfrog. ****ing see you next Tuesday Ryan.

I totally agree, only came to build his pension fund. To be fair that's not his fault, it was a terrible decision to sign him and worse than Vestergaard imho, at least he looks like he is trying (very trying!).

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Philkeavo said:

I totally agree, only came to build his pension fund. To be fair that's not his fault, it was a terrible decision to sign him and worse than Vestergaard imho, at least he looks like he is trying (very trying!).

Agree Vestergaard >>> Bertrand. Which says it all really.

What seemed like a shrewd free transfer, an experienced pro in for two years as back up and help for Thomas has somehow (along with a lot of other contracted mediocrity) completely derailed our transfer window this year. There’s no chance he leaves this summer (and why would he?) and We will struggle to even get loan moves for the rest of them.

• Like 2

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Why? He's not exactly done anything offensive or disrespectful lol hate is a strong term, but hey, if that's your opinion fair enough! 

While I am no ITK, if half of what I have heard about his behaviour and refusal to play on occasion is true then he really is a detestable character.  Absolutely stealing a living as a footballer nowadays.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

While I am no ITK, if half of what I have heard about his behaviour and refusal to play on occasion is true then he really is a detestable character.  Absolutely stealing a living as a footballer nowadays.

You can tell it from watching him play, absolutely phones it in and clearly doesn't give a shit, knows his best days are behind him and is just milking the club for whatever he can to save as much money before his career is done. What a cock.

it reminds me of the latter days of Micky Adams time here.

Terrible error of judgement from Brendan getting him in.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He achieved what he came here to achieve, him and Brendan's son signing up Academy youngsters for the agency they both work for.

Read the article from an anonymous journalist that was posted here, the newspaper deleted the article acouple of days later.

Do you reckon that might tell us anything about the veracity of the claims they were making?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He achieved what he came here to achieve, him and Brendan's son signing up Academy youngsters for the agency they both work for.

Read the article from an anonymous journalist that was posted here, the newspaper deleted the article acouple of days later.

It was deleted because it bordered libel 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Has this failed transfer opened up the recruitment teams eyes to the importance of CURRENT form over that nonsensical phrase about winners mentality, when talking about context that takes into account Bertrand somehow playing in a CL final in 2009?

He never was the first choice LB at his time of “winning” with Chelsea and we would all laugh if someone said the likes of Nathan Dyer (first player that sprung to mind) has a winners mentality as played a limited part in our title win.

I know that’s a simplistic comment but with a bloated squad, learns have to be made or this scenario will be repeated.