Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Bertrand

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Is he still injured?

...it seems permanent, can't see him ever coming back to a level that we would look to utilize him and the more sensible thing would be to announce his retirement!!!

Whatever insurance that is covering him at the moment will run out, and he I think would decide then to hang up his boots. He looked capable when he came here in the pre-season and seemed to be the one looking to take charge in Deadball situations. Thought we needed someone who would step up as a leader and not have Maddison taking all Deadball options. There are other players capable of putting balls into the box, where they could beat the first man.

Covid put paid to his season, and I believe his career, long-covid, which people are now doing studies have impacted his game, slower, not quick in thought and things are not as they were before.

It is time to accept that we have a player who can no longer contribute and his injuries and health conditions no longer warrant his time at this club. We need to move on with this, there is nothing that he can do to redeem the situation, it is time we moved on.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Give him his due he actually looks like a professional athlete here. 

Looks can be deceiving

He was a good player. Around 6 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Imagine getting paid 70k a week to go to a health club four times a week to get your legs rubbed. Not exactly what you'd call a professional footballer anymore, surprised we haven't paid him off or reached an agreement.

He's a model pro. Knows how to waste time when he's ahead and the end of the game nears.

I figured his perma-injured status meant he'd had a Gylffi-type "injury" where there's extensive surgery to your hard drive.

The medical staff must be pissed having to work with him too. It's not like he's an Evans, Maddison or someone vital to the squad. He's literally winding down his career on a last payday.

11 hours ago, Sly said:

He’s spent more time on the treatment table, than Alexander Tunchev and Lee Morris did combined during their contracts with us. 

Haven’t you ever played football manager in the past? :rolleyes:

im sure his insurance is paying us well.

On 31/10/2022 at 10:48, ithuriel said:

Gordons alive! sorry, I meant, Bertrands alive!

After a night out with some mates from sixth form in the early 90s, we ended up at LFE services for some post-pub sausage and chips. Brian Blessed was sitting at a nearby table and we regaled him, over and over again, with not-too-subtle whispers of “Gordon’s alive!”

it must have been incredibly tedious for him but he took it with remarkable good humour. 

3 hours ago, TommyK said:

Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

If I recall he wouldn't commit to a one year deal as the club wanted, so they offered him a two-year deal.

So yeah, expires summer 2023 thank fvck.