Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Bertrand

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I take this point and maybe I am being harsh. However, I do feel that many are very quick to attribute 'long covid' to poor form - the same was done for players like Pogba and Saint-Maximin. It is a very easy card to play.

But it's a possibility. Only a fraction of covid victims go onto long term problems so I don't think you can extrapolate from one player to another. He was definitely better at the beginning of the season. 

4 minutes ago, enmac said:

But it's a possibility. Only a fraction of covid victims go onto long term problems so I don't think you can extrapolate from one player to another. He was definitely better at the beginning of the season. 

Oh no, I’m not disregarding your point. I just think people are quick to link the two; I’d be more sympathetic if he could hold his position and actually improved his body language. Those two things are my main issues with him and are not attributed to long Covid.

I do think that long covid has affected some players for sure though, but I’m quite sceptical when it comes to Bertrand.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

10 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Oh no, I’m not disregarding your point. I just think people are quick to link the two; I’d be more sympathetic if he could hold his position and actually improved his body language. Those two things are my main issues with him and are not attributed to long Covid.

I do think that long covid has affected some players for sure though, but I’m quite sceptical when it comes to Bertrand.

Long Covid isn't just physical, "brain fog" or mental fatigue is a common manifestation and would affect reaction times and positioning. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanya said:

Doesn't he have a knee injury? This transfer is not happening 

20 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Maybe this “injury” is a cover up, because he’s leaving for Chelsea :ph34r:

we are talking about Ryan Bertrand !

unless he knew some time ago about this move and has been protecting his fitness to ensure it happens, I really don’t see it. Chelsea’s scouting dept aren’t that stoopid ……yes I know they bought a crock from us once before …..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

RB is a business man first and football to him now is purely about money. He will only do what benefits him financially. If somebody makes a better offer then he will go.

We can but hope another club is after a businessman then as I’m struggling to believe he’s an actual footballer 👀

Has he gone yet? Has he taken Vestergaard with him? 

Joking aside, imagine the uproar from from media if we did actually sell anyone. Leicester get games postponed as they don't have enough players and then sell players in January window. 

• Like 2

Just wondering if we can sell another Top ( Fridge) Defender :ph34r: To one of the old big 6 for an over inflated price tag to make them look like we pulled their trousers down again Like manure and Royally Fuch them into giving us £85m for Ryan Bertrand we did it once so let’s try it again, I and many foxes fans say get it done apologies for the excessive exaggeration of Top defender  !!😱😂

Edited by justfoxes

On 12/01/2022 at 08:22, An Sionnach said:

RB is a business man first and football to him now is purely about money. He will only do what benefits him financially. If somebody makes a better offer then he will go.

Parts of me doesnt blame him really. 32 years old and lower table premier league quality meaning his chance for more trophies is low. All about financial gain / stability for the next 5 years you'd feel.

On 12/01/2022 at 08:22, An Sionnach said:

Does anybody know how much we’re actually paying him?