Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Bertrand

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Surprised nobody’s said about him having covid. Before he had it he was doing a good job for us since then he’s been rubbish, not trying to make excuses for him but it could be contributing to him struggling. 

...has been said a lot, I would say the majority do not find that excuse to be sufficient for the lack of quality in play and poor decision making, that we are presently seeing!!!

3 hours ago, mad biker said:

No ! in fact no one, and I mean NO ONE on here knows how much ANY of our players / staff are paid, end of !!!!!

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...has been said a lot, I would say the majority do not find that excuse to be sufficient for the lack of quality in play and poor decision making, that we are presently seeing!!!

Are you the same person?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mad biker said:

l o l  I do on this issue Buzzer, drives me mad to read posts constantly saying what players are being paid, they don`t even know what their team mates earn ;-) 

Nobody knows for sure , its a close secret between the player, his agent , the club and the taxman.The total wage bill is published though and then you can have a rough guess based on average pay. RB spent a long time negotiating a deal and you can be sure its a good one.

27 minutes ago, mad biker said:

l o l  I do on this issue Buzzer, drives me mad to read posts constantly saying what players are being paid, they don`t even know what their team mates earn ;-) 

I know one things for sure, we’re definitely paying him too much lol 

2 minutes ago, mad biker said:

The National living wage would be too much mate, the weird thing is that he looked more than an adequate back up early on, not sure what changed

Nah you’re right. He does look a good backup, as long as the person in front of him doesn’t get injured lol 

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...

This Covid line gets trotted out without any evidence that it’s impacted at all.

If it had, you can guarantee that Rodgers would have made a big thing of it to cover his poor signing given how good he is on the old PR/propaganda.

All that happened was he missed a game or two due to testing positive, in the same way loads of footballers did who were young, fit and healthy and most likely asymptomatic. Last time I checked, Covid didn’t lead to knee operations!

He played well in a couple of friendlies and then when the full intensity games started, he was found wanting. It’s not that hard to fathom for a player in his 30s so can we stop using the Covid line until the club or the manager come out and say for sure that this is the reason he’s struggled?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The covid theory is definitely plausible. I’m by no means an athlete but since I had covid I’ve not been the same physically or mentally. 

Yup same here. 

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i genuinely think covid ruined him. He looked good in pre-season, his set pieces looked great and there was an optimism that we’d signed this older head to help us mentally much like fuchs. I even put him  straight into my FPL team but covid hit him at the worst possible time and he struggled to ever get back up to speed. 

I guess at his age it can be harder to regain fitness but he just never really got back at it. His last game for us is one of the worst displays i’ve ever seen in our shirt. Rivalled closely by one of wilfs this season where he tried to give away as many fouls and penalties as he could. 

i will always wonder what we would have seen from him if he’d been fit for wolves and norwich

I agree. Community shield game, him and Barnes played well down that left hand side, and he can take a decent corner. 
But you have to be honest and his performances since then, have been nothing short of dreadful. It was probably worth the risk, but should go. 

10 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This Covid line gets trotted out without any evidence that it’s impacted at all.

If it had, you can guarantee that Rodgers would have made a big thing of it to cover his poor signing given how good he is on the old PR/propaganda.

All that happened was he missed a game or two due to testing positive, in the same way loads of footballers did who were young, fit and healthy and most likely asymptomatic. Last time I checked, Covid didn’t lead to knee operations!

He played well in a couple of friendlies and then when the full intensity games started, he was found wanting. It’s not that hard to fathom for a player in his 30s so can we stop using the Covid line until the club or the manager come out and say for sure that this is the reason he’s struggled?

Discussing personal health issues isn’t something the manager is going to do. The player suffered a knee injury which required surgery- hence no need to face any questions. No one is asking and the manager doesn’t have to address it. the player may well be looking to get a move this summer so nothing positive to be gained by publicising thoughts that covid has dragged 10% off the player other than to alert any club willing to give him a year and leave him on our books in 22/23. 

• Like 1

RB has had plenty of time off ( on full pay mind you) to take care of his other business interests , so the injury has been quite timely for him. However we must work his arse off next season to get at least some if our money's worth.

• Like 1