Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Bertrand

19 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

RB has had plenty of time off ( on full pay mind you) to take care of his other business interests , so the injury has been quite timely for him. However we must work his arse off next season to get at least some if our money's worth.

I'd cut our losses and get rid of him. 

The exact profile of player we're not looking for and I'd not want him anywhere near the first team squad. 

One to ship out pdq 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Hes not been seen at the ground or training since his injury. He lives in London still and doesn't seem bothered.

Wouldn't be suprised if he retires.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Did we win a game he's played in this season? Absolute horror show who had been on a rapid decline since mid way through the 2019/20 season. 

Community Shield

Spartak away - played 8 minutes

Brighton in Carabao - played 59 minutes

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Community Shield

Spartak away - played 8 minutes

Brighton in Carabao - played 59 minutes

He actually played well in the Community Shield final but has been absolutely frightening in every game since. After the Villarreal friendly and Wembley win I was convinced we'd made a good signing.

Moving Bertrand along at minimal financial cost to us in the summer would be a result.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes not been seen at the ground or training since his injury. He lives in London still and doesn't seem bothered.

Wouldn't be suprised if he retires.

Pretty sure I saw a clip of him at the training ground on Wilf’s Snapchat story last week in fairness, but yeah hope he’s not here next season. 

Thomas was performing consistently well at left-back for the latter half the 20-21 season. Considering his youth and inexperience, he was doing a man's job.

Whoyever decided that Bertrand would be anything other than a sub for Thomas and (eventually) Justin was clearly assuming that Thomas was somehow a makeweight - in spite of the clear evidence to the contrary. All the talk about bringing youngsters through is negated by a lack of faith/trust/objectivity from people who are employed to make decisions critical to a club's fortunes. We don't trust kids because the orthodoxy says they're 'unreliable'. 

I suspect Saints decided that a cut price deal for Bertrand and Vestergaard would tempt an injury-ridden City. 

Saints knew both were surplus to their requirement. Knowing that City are a level above Southampton should have provoked the thought that both were, at best, strictly bench material - at worst, a must to avoid.

This was a panic buy - when City should have established a protocol long beforehand to cover injury situations.

Football isn't business - it could never survive were not its customers so devoted to one single brand. It routinely employs manager failures to replace its latest manager failure. It relies on a great deal of kidology to motivate its players. It seems that Watford's executives believe that the traditional manager is extinct - preferring no more than a plug-and-play with a remarkably short built-in obsolescence of months. 

I digress (often). Last summer's signings were fair to poor. Bertrand was the poorest. His failure to improve shows a great deal about his reluctance to commit to his transfer.

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Looks like Rodgers son could have his fingers in the pie also! No family interests there then I would have thought. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfers-rodgers-bertrand-7089014

I’m really not keen on nepotism. I’d rather the recruitment was not in Rodger’s hands.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Looks like Rodgers son could have his fingers in the pie also! No family interests there then I would have thought. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfers-rodgers-bertrand-7089014

Wow that's such an incredible and worrying article......so that's the reason that Brendan got Bertrand here.

F***ing stinks that Bertrand's sitting around somewhere, while we pay him 80k aweekfor doing nothing.

Big up for the investigating journalist who wrote this article.

Firmly Brendan out now!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow that's such an incredible and worrying article......so that's the reason that Brendan got Bertrand here.

F***ing stinks that Bertrand's sitting around somewhere, while we pay him 80k aweekfor doing nothing.

Big up for the investigating journalist who wrote this article.

Firmly Brendan out now!

You can find the company and at least some of their players online.

Bradley Hudson Odoi is also a staff member at the company. Wouldn't it be strange if we were suddenly in for his brother in the summer for the right wing vacancy?

I'm sure there was no nepotism that helped Anton Rodgers get into the Chelsea academy or a trial at Celtic when his Dad was there 🤔 🤣🤣

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

its all Rodgers old mates

"The agency has a number of links to City staff and players. Rodgers worked with First Access Sports’ Head of Global Football, David Moss, at Celtic. Moss was Head of Scouting at Celtic during Rodgers’ first year as manager of the club. "

• Like 1

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

This article is quite worrying, based on the fact a lot of the players/staff we've had links to or signed seem to be linked through this agency 

• Like 2

On 13/05/2022 at 23:58, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This Covid line gets trotted out without any evidence that it’s impacted at all.

If it had, you can guarantee that Rodgers would have made a big thing of it to cover his poor signing given how good he is on the old PR/propaganda.

All that happened was he missed a game or two due to testing positive, in the same way loads of footballers did who were young, fit and healthy and most likely asymptomatic. Last time I checked, Covid didn’t lead to knee operations!

He played well in a couple of friendlies and then when the full intensity games started, he was found wanting. It’s not that hard to fathom for a player in his 30s so can we stop using the Covid line until the club or the manager come out and say for sure that this is the reason he’s struggled?

Sorry utter crap..Rodgers has Never sailed that tact..Hes neither a whiner nor chases excuses...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, turlo said:

its all Rodgers old mates

"The agency has a number of links to City staff and players. Rodgers worked with First Access Sports’ Head of Global Football, David Moss, at Celtic. Moss was Head of Scouting at Celtic during Rodgers’ first year as manager of the club. "

Interesting isn't it? Is it something to be wary of?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with forging certain working relationships but the benefit has to be because such players improve us if there was no easy win to get the deal over the line if you get me.

It's not simply that because there's a link there we'll simply say right we need a CB, centre mid, right winger and a striker and all 4 come from this mob of pals. It is interesting to see that we've been linked to some of those players though. Colwill you could well have seen recommended to us when we were struggling to get a CB in and the idea was flouted by his agency that we could see if there was a way of getting Huddersfield to cancel the loan and us take him.

Matthias Normann can fcuk right off, that's pure agent talk I'm sure. Bertrand sadly is one we have to hold our hands up on, the only Rodgers signing who screamed of bring someone in who you've worked with before type signing that certain managers can't help bringing in. Rodgers was very guilty of doing this early in his career with Joe Allen, Fabio Borini and several others but he seems to have learnt or been told a firm no.

• Like 2