Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Bertrand

Its the Mercury, so it must be true. lol

The same paper that come up with these cracking headlines. 

Leicester City handed transfer 'ultimatum' over forgotten man

Latest Leicester City transfer news as Serie A side Torino issue the Foxes with a 'sort of ultimatum' over the future of midfielder Dennis Praet

Edited by coolhandfox

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Looks like Rodgers son could have his fingers in the pie also! No family interests there then I would have thought. 

Nepotism aside, this arrangement is a nailed-on conflict of interest! I'm surprised the Mercury/Reach published some real fact-finding journalism for a change - kudos to the investigative reporter.

Any activity deleterious to the Club's ambitions, playing field or otherwise, needs some form of censure. Bertrand appears to have abandoned any intention of doing a job for Leicester City in preference to developing a nice little earner elsewhere. 

I don't blame footballers for ensuring their livelihoods post playing, but Bertrand is being paid whilst taking 'garden leave' with the approval of his manager and employers. What his colleagues think about it would be v. interesting to us supporters.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Nepotism aside, this arrangement is a nailed-on conflict of interest! I'm surprised the Mercury/Reach published some real fact-finding journalism for a change - kudos to the investigative reporter.

Any activity deleterious to the Club's ambitions, playing field or otherwise, needs some form of censure. Bertrand appears to have abandoned any intention of doing a job for Leicester City in preference to developing a nice little earner elsewhere. 

I don't blame footballers for ensuring their livelihoods post playing, but Bertrand is being paid whilst taking 'garden leave' with the approval of his manager and employers. What his colleagues think about it would be v. interesting to us supporters.

Yes, you never quite know what goes on behind closed doors do you. Soumare is another strange one. Praet and Under also suggested that sometimes opportunities knock for some and not others which is fine as long as the playing field is level at the start. It seems quite murky in some ways now.

Playing staff wise for example, the Pearson team seemed to put great emphasis on a players personality and drive as well as playing ability, though it was 'my way or the highway' with NP. Would players even put up with a strong disciplinarian now? Would the covid party have occurred under Pearson for example. It's very difficult to know what the current regime is like.

Does a lack of real control or discipline, if there is a problem, effect how players are trained because I can't get my head around the defending from set peices situation and the lack of improvement, surely we have some very decent defenders amongst that lot. Are they too pampered and comfortable at the new training facilities, is it all too lax?

To the matter in point though, is it not advantageous that a manager has contacts and good relationships within agencies etc or, as you say, when it comes to family, is there not potential for a clash of interests when the clubs should always come first. Sometimes it's about how things look from the outside. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Looks like Rodgers son could have his fingers in the pie also! No family interests there then I would have thought. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfers-rodgers-bertrand-7089014

Article now been deleted, so probably a load of bull

• Like 1

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Interesting isn't it? Is it something to be wary of?

...it should be..!!!

I really felt we were distancing him from recruitment, but this and the way he is insisting that all purchases are rubber stamped by himself, does cause you to think twice. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, DezFox said:

He is going no where, collect his massive pay check and just sit on bench or treatment table. One of the worst free signings in our history. Got this very very wrong, paying for it now. 

He can't get himself fit so might be one we pay off and claim on insurance.

9 minutes ago, DezFox said:

He is going no where, collect his massive pay check and just sit on bench or treatment table. One of the worst free signings in our history. Got this very very wrong, paying for it now. 

Agreed.

I don’t want to bring up Rodgers but can’t get my head around this signing only happening because he’s here.

What are the chances he doesn’t get included in the 25 man squad?

Heinous transfer and a reminder there is VERY little value in “experienced PL” players if ask me.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, st albans fox said:

if I was the underwriter I’d have a few queries …….

From what I gather he's barely been motivated since he arrived here and has plenty of other interests so could suit all parties.

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

At the end of the previous season, Fuchs had retired, Thomas was still very young and we had injuries to both Castagne and Ricardo - it’s easy to see why we needed to bring in some cover at full back - an experienced pro, who would come in and play the same role as Fuchs, someone who could be relied on to do a job, maybe help with the young fullbacks development and know when everyone was fit, he wouldn’t play.

I actually thought he looked okay pre getting COVID, nothing fancy, but solid enough. After getting covid it all went pear shaped and he was hopeless in the games he played and just didn’t appear to get himself right.

I can see why he was signed, but also can’t see him being in the 25 man squad for next season. Ideally a promoted club, or Championship club will come and take him on loan for the season and pay some of his wages.

I agree with it somewhat but Bertrand was not that player. The reaction from Southampton fans could tell you just that. They couldn’t believe he has managed to get a contract at Leicester, said his legs were gone and they couldn’t have been more right. I agree we could have done with a player of that ilk but I think a lot of people could see at the time Bertrand wasn’t the answer. Shame Leicester could not see that. He in some good money as well. 

• Like 1

Controversial opinion here (so brace yourselves!).....  If Ryan can get a good pre-season behind him, and get his fitness levels to where they need to be (he clearly had massive issues last season. He looked a bit fat from the get go tbh), I think he's a useful asset to keep in the squad.

Loan out Thomas. I think he'd benefit massively from a season on loan at a championship club. Thomas, has had to skip this part of his development due to injuries we've sustained, and he's been thrown in at the deep end. Done very well.

From what I've heard, Bertrand is determined, and feels he has a point to prove to Leicester, which is the right attitude to have. Having full back options of Ricardo, Castagne, justin and Bertrand is more than adequate for us going into a season without European football.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Controversial opinion here (so brace yourselves!).....  If Ryan can get a good pre-season behind him, and get his fitness levels to where they need to be (he clearly had massive issues last season. He looked a bit fat from the get go tbh), I think he's a useful asset to keep in the squad.

Loan out Thomas. I think he'd benefit massively from a season on loan at a championship club. Thomas, has had to skip this part of his development due to injuries we've sustained, and he's been thrown in at the deep end. Done very well.

From what I've heard, Bertrand is determined, and feels he has a point to prove to Leicester, which is the right attitude to have. Having full back options of Ricardo, Castagne, justin and Bertrand is more than adequate for us going into a season without European football.

He isn't even training with the team yet, and looked horribly out of shape in the pre-season arrival photos. I just can't see him getting fit before the end of his contract, let alone the beginning of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He isn't even training with the team yet, and looked horribly out of shape in the pre-season arrival photos. I just can't see him getting fit before the end of his contract, let alone the beginning of the season.

fair comment

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This would be a really good point if he wasn't a tubster with play dough muscles.... 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DezFox said:

I agree with it somewhat but Bertrand was not that player. The reaction from Southampton fans could tell you just that. They couldn’t believe he has managed to get a contract at Leicester, said his legs were gone and they couldn’t have been more right. I agree we could have done with a player of that ilk but I think a lot of people could see at the time Bertrand wasn’t the answer. Shame Leicester could not see that. He in some good money as well. 

...there appears to be people at this club, with little or no knowledge of the players market and the game!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah we’ve properly ****ed it with this chump. What was it, a 3 year contract?

He’s nowhere near the first team and nobody is dumb enough to go for him. He’s gonna sit around and collect his extortionate wages, and why wouldn’t he?