Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Bertrand

15 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Yeah we’ve properly ****ed it with this chump. What was it, a 3 year contract?

He’s nowhere near the first team and nobody is dumb enough to go for him. He’s gonna sit around and collect his extortionate wages, and why wouldn’t he?

2 years, out of contract in 23.

• Like 1

He’s looked over weight the whole time he’s been here.

He was bad at Saints by the end. It was a bad signing on paper and has proven to be. 

The number of times he played people onside….frightening. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s quite mad to think that if we had just done a proper job against spurs we would have gosens instead of bertrand… just let that sink in 

I can’t speak

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

At the end of the previous season, Fuchs had retired, Thomas was still very young and we had injuries to both Castagne and Ricardo - it’s easy to see why we needed to bring in some cover at full back - an experienced pro, who would come in and play the same role as Fuchs, someone who could be relied on to do a job, maybe help with the young fullbacks development and know when everyone was fit, he wouldn’t play.

I actually thought he looked okay pre getting COVID, nothing fancy, but solid enough. After getting covid it all went pear shaped and he was hopeless in the games he played and just didn’t appear to get himself right.

I can see why he was signed, but also can’t see him being in the 25 man squad for next season. Ideally a promoted club, or Championship club will come and take him on loan for the season and pay some of his wages.

So I originally understood an experienced LB to step in for Thomas whilst JJ/Ricky (will he ever be fully fit but that’s a dif matter) were returning back from lengthy spells BUT comparing Bertrand to Fuchs is apples and pears.

Fuchs quoted by Rodgers himself was the ultimate professional yet Bertrand hasn’t shown any of those qualities and to make matters worse, his legs had gone 2 years ago when listen to any Southampton fan who watched him week in, week out.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

Ahh ok, not as bad. Probably worth just paying it off ain’t it?

Would you give your car away? How about your house? 

Obviously not a fair comparison, but players are football club assets. Paying them off is the very last thing you want to do. 

Could we not all club together and pay him off. 

His performance in Napoli was one of the worse I've seen from a Leicester player and I've seen some crap over 45 years. 

He single handedly cost us a place in the last 16 - Gerrimout

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TommyK said:

Obviously not a fair comparison, but players are football club assets. Paying them off is the very last thing you want to do. 

Depends on the terms of the 'pay off'. It would be worthwhile to settle on a negotiated percentage lump sum up front that will be less overall than his final years contracted wage. 

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Depends on the terms of the 'pay off'. It would be worthwhile to settle on a negotiated percentage lump sum up front that will be less overall than his final years contracted wage. 

But realistically he’s going to get nothing close to his wages here anywhere else. So unless he’s getting say 80% of his wages and potential bonuses. What’s the point. 

And conversely, what’s the point for us if you are only going to save a small amount, say 10/20%? You might as well keep the player in case you need them.

9 hours ago, TommyK said:

Possibly, if my car was fat and useless…

Jokes aside, fair point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

He is going to be on the treatment table for the next 12 months, probably for gout if nothing else.

If I was told correctly, he is not interested in even being at the club and has not been at the training ground in months.  If this is correct then surely his refusal to be a part of the squad is a breach of contract?  Surely we should get the PFA involved so we can get him paid up and gone.

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

If I was told correctly, he is not interested in even being at the club and has not been at the training ground in months.  If this is correct then surely his refusal to be a part of the squad is a breach of contract?  Surely we should get the PFA involved so we can get him paid up and gone.

Nobody was at the training ground for months. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

He was at the training ground for the first day of pre-season, doing what exactly, I don't know. There doesn't seem to be any pics of him training etc. 

Probably doing the bare minimum to keep up the pretence he is still a footballer.  Just enough to pick up his wages.

Obviously there's more to this story and stuff that hasn't been made public. 

That said, Wtf were the club doing even signing this player? It's just confirmed what fans of both clubs predicted. It's all very odd.