Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Think we're going to get him in the summer.....as I've read today that he's said he's ready for the premier league.

Also Tielemans comment's today suggest he's probably off to Arsenal if they get top 4, so it'll be a direct replacement. 

If we do sign him hope we give him a 6 year contract, thus we won't have the problem if he wants to go to a bigger club in the future

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think we're going to get him in the summer.....as I've read today that he's said he's ready for the premier league.

Also Tielemans comment's today suggest he's probably off to Arsenal if they get top 4, so it'll be a direct replacement. 

If we do sign him hope we give him a 6 year contract, thus we won't have the problem if he wants to go to a bigger club in the future

They play different positions....

10 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

No, but we will have a problem on a six year contract if he don't adapt to the premier league and becomes homesick. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What did Youri say to suggests he's off to Arsenal? I saw about him wanting to play in the champs league but nothing specifically about Arsenal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turlo said:

What did Youri say to suggests he's off to Arsenal? I saw about him wanting to play in the champs league but nothing specifically about Arsenal

Not to mention he doesn't really suit Arteta's preferred style.  Though that doesn't matter if they hire Tite, as rumored.

Another young striker, see Daka, from  a league of modest quality. They come up against the big boys in the PL and quickly realise they have a massive learning curve. The common factor among the leading strikers in the PL. Kane, Salah, Vardy etc. is they ain't young. Daka ,I hope will make it but it is going to take time . We are going to have to ask Jamie to soldier on until he is 37 at this rate. Haaland and Mbappe are the only young strikers consistently scoring at the moment.

Edited by An Sionnach

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Another young striker, see Daka, from  a league of modest quality. They come up against the big boys in the PL and quickly realise they have a massive learning curve. The common factor among the leading strikers in the PL. Kane, Salah, Vardy etc. is they ain't young. Daka ,I hope will make it but it is going to take time . We are going to have to ask Jamie to soldier on until he is 37 at this rate. Haaland and Mbappe are the only young strikers consistently scoring at the moment.

He isn't a striker like Daka or Vardy are, he will roam everywhere in the attacking 3rd (mostly into wide areas) and spend most of his time supporting an attack from outside the box

53 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

....Daka could come into his own, should we play with a highline and press effectively!!!

Give him balls to get on the end of and in front of him as opposed to playing to feet. With the defenders coming back, we may be able to push the highline.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Daka could come into his own, should we play with a highline and press effectively!!!

Give him balls to get on the end of and in front of him as opposed to playing to feet. With the defenders coming back, we may be able to push the highline.

Doesn't seem to have the movement yet, to say he could come into his own. Im not sure by him at all, Ahmed Musa springs to mind. Couple of good games, but...

• Like 1

Just now, Claridge said:

Doesn't seem to have the movement yet, to say he could come into his own. Im not sure by him at all, Ahmed Musa springs to mind. Couple of good games, but...

I can’t believe I watch the same games as people sometimes. How on Earth are you comparing daka and musa? 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I can’t believe I watch the same games as people sometimes. How on Earth are you comparing daka and musa? 

Both have a lot of pace, but seem to react after the pass has been made. I do have more hope for Daka, but some people seem to think he is better than he is at the moment. Done very little, with Vardy injured to change my opinion, ( team hasn’t been great to be fair) perhaps you are seeing a different game to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Both have a lot of pace, but seem to react after the pass has been made. I do have more hope for Daka, but some people seem to think he is better than he is at the moment. Done very little, with Vardy injured to change my opinion, ( team hasn’t been great to be fair) perhaps you are seeing a different game to me. 

Musa - 21 PL apps, 2 goals, 0 assists

Daka - 15 PL apps, 4 goals, 3 assists

Maybe your memory isn’t quite recalling how bad Musa was, for me Daka and Musa are not comparable by a long shot.

Appreciate Musa was played out wide predominantly, but his general play was absolutely abysmal. Daka’s form has fell away recently hence why Nacho has been preferred but I still think Patson will prove to be a good signing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Musa - 21 PL apps, 2 goals, 0 assists

Daka - 15 PL apps, 4 goals, 3 assists

Maybe your memory isn’t quite recalling how bad Musa was, for me Daka and Musa are not comparable by a long shot.

Appreciate Musa was played out wide predominantly, but his general play was absolutely abysmal. Daka’s form has fell away recently hence why Nacho has been preferred but I still think Patson will prove to be a good signing.

Musa was like my labrador puppy. He was keen and wanted to please. Very pacey, legs everywhere and quite uncoordinated at times.

Adding a ball into the mix only made things worse. Invariably it would bounce off a knee or paw with head and eyes facing one direction whilst the ball raced off in the other, free and totally undetected. However, the bemused and disappointed look on the face was endearing and the effort made comical to behold. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Musa was like my labrador puppy. He was keen and wanted to please. Very pacey, legs everywhere and quite uncoordinated at times.

Adding a ball into the mix only made things worse. Invariably it would bounce off a knee or paw with head and eyes facing one direction whilst the ball raced off in the other, free and totally undetected. However, the bemused and disappointed look on the face was endearing and the effort made comical to behold. 

....Musa really should have been left to play upfront on his own!!!

Used in a 4-2-3-1 wide on the Right Wing, he always seemed better when allowed to play how he wants as opposed to link with a partner or being out of position. Scoring two goals against Barcelona and looking good playing by himself upfront.

Sometimes the player just does not suit the way we setup and we fail to take that into consideration, let the player play how he is comfortable playing.

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Musa really should have been left to play upfront on his own!!!

Used in a 4-2-3-1 wide on the Right Wing, he always seemed better when allowed to play how he wants as opposed to link with a partner or being out of position. Scoring two goals against Barcelona and looking good playing by himself upfront.

Sometimes the player just does not suit the way we setup and we fail to take that into consideration, let the player play how he is comfortable playing.

Yes, there may be some truth in that. I remember those goals against Barcelona and turning to my mate and saying 'Wow, what have we bought now'!

Sadly, it didn't work out that way. 

• Like 1

Anyway getting back on topic how did De Ketelaere play last night, didn’t watch the game and just wondered if we are genuinely interested in signing him and if he would improve or team/squad ?

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Anyway getting back on topic how did De Ketelaere play last night, didn’t watch the game and just wondered if we are genuinely interested in signing him and if he would improve or team/squad ?

Hard one to judge with CDK, I've never seen any highlights of him.

I'm just getting carried away with others on here who have said that he will become a top player......he's Belgium young etc etc etc 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Hard one to judge with CDK, I've never seen any highlights of him.

I'm just getting carried away with others on here who have said that he will become a top player......he's Belgium young etc etc etc 🤣

....it was a surprise when it was said we are interested and the price that we were looking to play!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it was a surprise when it was said we are interested and the price that we were looking to play!!!

Was expecting something special or abit more on what's makes him a future talent.

His club want 35m which is abit steep for someone who has yet to prove himself, I maybe wrong but at the moment 20m seems ok 🤔

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Was expecting something special or abit more on what's makes him a future talent.

His club want 35m which is abit steep for someone who has yet to prove himself, I maybe wrong but at the moment 20m seems ok 🤔

A 20m upfront cost and the rest in performance-based add-ons, and/or with a sell-on % clause (say 15%) would probably keep all parties happy and get this over the line.

• Like 1