Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

What happened to Yari Verschaeren? Has this guy jumped ahead of him in the NT?

Both been in the recent squads but De Ketelaere seems to be ahead of him, at club level he's been better this season.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ankle injury last season was out for awhile and has only in the past couple of months been looking like the player he was before the injury 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hope the deal is already in place, can see him adding so much to our team. RW or CAM which is what we need in attacking depth 

.....there is a misconception that he is an effective winger!!!

Played as...      
Centre-Forward 21 9 6
Left Winger 3 1 -
Attacking Midfield 2 1 1
Left Midfield 1 - -
Right Winger 1 - -
Second Striker 1 1 -
Central Midfield 1 1
  • Like 2

The impressive thing about this lad is that not only does he look a proper player, but he looks like he makes a fair few interceptions, which would help us if we want to press higher. Our better pressing players tend to be more limited.

• Like 1

I can see the temptation when needing to trim the squad size with us likely missing out in Europe that we go for a dynamic player who can play wide right, ACM or up front. Could see Iheanacho, Praet and Perez being sold and De Ketelaere coming in and a back up winger to cover left or right (hopefully Brennan Johnson rather than Lookman but could do a lot worse)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They may be what his "positions" are listed as, but it does not give the full picture of the work he does which is heavily focused in the wider areas of the pitch

image.png.43f37fcaa4f2185c87de4651298f6a35.png

I imagine if we did sign him we would attempt to play him in the same kind of role we use Maddison in when he is used as the "right winger" and basically just gets to free roam around

Bingo. He's a player that drifts into spaces.

Maddison has been our best player this season, and often starts out wide but both is and isn't in that position at the same time.

I do agree with those that say we should sign an out and out RW with a left foot, but this player looks very good. I am convinced we've already signed this player. There was a big furore in January around him where his name came out of nowhere and then went quiet again. I think we've done what we did with Soumare and bagged him already. If that's true I just hope he can make more of an immediate impact because that's what this squad needs right now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Saw him play for Anderlecht in the flesh a couple of years back and was really disappointed. Looked like he had a long way to go to deal with the physically and pace of the game in any top European league.

Saelemaekers looked great and Kana was unreal and he's now totally out of contention.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

They may be what his "positions" are listed as, but it does not give the full picture of the work he does which is heavily focused in the wider areas of the pitch

image.png.43f37fcaa4f2185c87de4651298f6a35.png

I imagine if we did sign him we would attempt to play him in the same kind of role we use Maddison in when he is used as the "right winger" and basically just gets to free roam around

clearly plays more on the left... definitely the type of player we would go for to play on the right 

12 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Saw him play for Anderlecht in the flesh a couple of years back and was really disappointed. Looked like he had a long way to go to deal with the physically and pace of the game in any top European league.

Saelemaekers looked great and Kana was unreal and he's now totally out of contention.

Tbf he would have been like 18? Young lads can develop physically a lot in a couple of seasons.

11 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Tbf he would have been like 18? Young lads can develop physically a lot in a couple of seasons.

Oh definitely but it looked like he needed to gain a lot of pace, even just to give him that 5 yard burst of pace to cope with the prem, let alone outright speed  The rest of his game was woeful as he barely touched the ball and gave it away when he did have it, but that's just one game and technical skills can't be judged on one game alone, though that was super disappointing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Oh definitely but it looked like he needed to gain a lot of pace, even just to give him that 5 yard burst of pace to cope with the prem, let alone outright speed  The rest of his game was woeful as he barely touched the ball and gave it away when he did have it, but that's just one game and technical skills can't be judged on one game alone, though that was super disappointing.

....having seen him recently it looks like not much has changed!!!

Once again this was just one game and he has contributed goals and assists this season, but watching him, watching the game pass him bye was very strange. There is another opportunity to watch him play tomorrow, and see if his form picks up, or is it that he is being played out of position.

....33 minutes gone, Club Brugge 1-0 up and playing like it is a training exercise!!!

De Ketelaere had the pass that went to the assist for the goal. He originally featured on the left and now mostly roaming around in the middle, not really contributing to the game. Very composed in possession when he gets the ball and looks to move the attack on, but for £30m, you want to see more of him either on the ball or making his presence felt on the pitch.

Very much what I saw last time I watched him play, just not involved enough.

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....33 minutes gone, Club Brugge 1-0 up and playing like it is a training exercise!!!

De Ketelaere had the pass that went to the assist for the goal. He originally featured on the left and now mostly roaming around in the middle, not really contributing to the game. Very composed in possession when he gets the ball and looks to move the attack on, but for £30m, you want to see more of him either on the ball or making his presence felt on the pitch.

Very much what I saw last time I watched him play, just not involved enough.

This aged well…lol