Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

5 hours ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

Just read on ESPN that Man City plan to submit an offer for CDK. Brugge will not accept anything less than 40 million. 

...depends how the player sees it!!!

He could calculate the possibility of him getting game time, in a team such as Man.City  and  look to other teams where he will be sure of time on the pitch, and a chance to develop. 

If we offer £30m and refuse to go to £40m, and he would rather come here, then Brugge might have to compromise on the price and sell to us.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...depends how the player sees it!!!

He could calculate the possibility of him getting game time, in a team such as Man.City  and  look to other teams where he will be sure of time on the pitch, and a chance to develop. 

If we offer £30m and refuse to go to £40m, and he would rather come here, then Brugge might have to compromise on the price and sell to us.

Soumare is not getting game time and as soon as Vardy is back neither will Daka.This will not go unnoticed by any young forward followed by us. This is not about age, Fofana is younger than both of them. Rodgers quickly reverts to older players when the pressure is on. Even Justin might be asked to stand down for Pereira and I am pretty sure Castagne will be preferred to Thomas. Fofana is the only clear exception.

Edited by An Sionnach

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

You mean the best players start when available? What a surprise lol 

When will the day come though that Daka is number one. I hope he is a patient fellow because it won't be anytime soon.

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Yep! When we sell Fofana we are going to get a seasons worth of TV money in my opinion. World record for a defender levels.... we're good at that ;) 

Once he hits that France squad the value will sky rocket too.

I agree. It'd have to be silly money for us to consider selling, especially now he's just signed a new contract.

49 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

When will the day come though that Daka is number one. I hope he is a patient fellow because it won't be anytime soon.

Daka's a young player who signed for a club with one of the world's top strikers in its squad. He won't have expected to waltz into the XI straight away.

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

On current form Daka is behind Kels and that was proven on Saturday when he got one and assisted the one that was disallowed.

Daka is great and his time will come, definitely think next season he will have more and more starts, but Vards is clearly the number one. 

I saw you mentioned Soumare. He’s unfortunately dropped off but I hope he gets more time - he’s looked at his best in Europe, where he was one of our better players. KDH has firmly proven he’s worthy and is young. Soumare hopefully can learn and see what it takes to be productive in the Prem. He’s a class player and hope he kicks on with us 

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Vardy got injured, nacho went to the afcon the door was wide open for Daka to break in and make the position his. For whatever reason the more game time he had the worse he got. 

He’s got a big future but vardy showed in his brief return the difference in their current levels 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Vardy got injured, nacho went to the afcon the door was wide open for Daka to break in and make the position his. For whatever reason the more game time he had the worse he got. 

He’s got a big future but vardy showed in his brief return the difference in their current levels 

It shows you how over excited the transfer threads were last summer. The lad got dozens of pages before he signed and some thought we had bought the new Messi. The gulf between the Austrian league and the PL is massive. Having said that if he sits on the bench whilst Vardy, Barnes and Iheanacho get the starts and sub appearances he never will bridge it.

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It shows you how over excited the transfer threads were last summer. The lad got dozens of pages before he signed and some thought we had bought the new Messi. The gulf between the Austrian league and the PL is massive. Having said that if he sits on the bench whilst Vardy, Barnes and Iheanacho get the starts and sub appearances he never will bridge it.

And watch Daka start against PSV 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Hard to make the position his when he was also out injured...

Urm he wasn’t. Played 6 Orem games on the trot before missing Leeds because he was sick. 

who do you think played for us when nacho was away? 

14 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Did anyone else hear him get a shout out at the World Cup draw? It was so very random but he was the player they highlighted out of that whole squad. Not ideal for our under the radar signing 😂

He’s obviously very highly thought of. I’m saying this purely on the basis that I bought a shirt in an auction recently that was worn by a Belgian player in last weeks game and his went for a similar price lol 

“As expected, #Leicester slowly takes action for Charles de Ketelaere. No offer on the table yet, the club is first trying to convince the player's entourage to sign in England. Deal expected around 40M € . It is seen as a priority. #LCFC“

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

I do really want him but I’m struggling to see where he would play in this team? I hope he’s not bought to be forced out wide and play out of position like Perez. 

Could be option to allow both him and Maddison to roam free behind a striker? Would mean Barnes is rotated out though? Rogers has gone on about different ways of playing so maybe a nod towards that? 

On 05/04/2022 at 03:33, An Sionnach said:

Soumare is not getting game time and as soon as Vardy is back neither will Daka.This will not go unnoticed by any young forward followed by us. This is not about age, Fofana is younger than both of them. Rodgers quickly reverts to older players when the pressure is on. Even Justin might be asked to stand down for Pereira and I am pretty sure Castagne will be preferred to Thomas. Fofana is the only clear exception.

Do you think Vardy will play more games next season than he has, about the same or less?

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

Do you think Vardy will play more games next season than he has, about the same or less?

About half I would think. Only Ronaldo and Cavani are of similar age and they don't play every match. He won't be phased out as such but used when he can be most effective.

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

About half I would think. Only Ronaldo and Cavani are of similar age and they don't play every match. He won't be phased out as such but used when he can be most effective.

....if Vardy is fit at the start of next season, then he will start!!!

So long as he is not breaking down, then he is the number one striker. Our poor injury record for over a year needs to clear up and allow him to do his stuff, as he is not getting slower or struggling to get into positions to score.