Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if Vardy is fit at the start of next season, then he will start!!!

So long as he is not breaking down, then he is the number one striker. Our poor injury record for over a year needs to clear up and allow him to do his stuff, as he is not getting slower or struggling to get into positions to score.

He just seems to pick up niggling injuries these days , a few years ago he was bombproof but yes we shall see . He probably doesn't know himself. Maybe at last the steel man from Sheffield is becoming more vulnerable.

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He just seems to pick up niggling injuries these days , a few years ago he was bombproof but yes we shall see . He probably doesn't know himself. Maybe at last the steel man from Sheffield is becoming more vulnerable.

...very much what is going on with the squad, same for Ricardo and players coming back from injuries!!!

The injury problem is not just him, he is just as vulnerable as anyone else with our fitness and conditioning problems.

16 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Needs to take that kryptonite out of his underpants!

• Like 1

On 07/04/2022 at 12:28, urban.spaceman said:

Would love to know what the percentages for Aranguiz were.

If we’re 75% there for CDK, we must be one steering wheel away from completing the deal. 

• Haha 3

On 07/04/2022 at 17:28, urban.spaceman said:

Would love to know what the percentages for Aranguiz were.

That deal was done and dusted in terms of club fees and contract (which was negotiated by his agent), it's just that the player did not want to sign. 

A real sliding doors moment as we all know. 

8 hours ago, Shane said:

Will surely reach 30+ goal contributions for the season. Only 3 more to go.

His pricetag is going to be big!

....I felt £30m was a lot for him as I had seen him play but did not believe he was worth that price!!!

It seems there are a lot of suitors and obviously will keep the price high, but just watching him recently and he is not really featuring in games. I cannot see it going much higher and see he would be a great fit here, easy going, links up well, unselfish and plays for the team.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Man City fans reckon they will be in for him. Huge career limiting move in the short term if he did

Where would he fit in at Man City? As a false 9 type striker or can he play as an 8/10 similar to De Bruyne?

Just now, turlo said:

Where would he fit in at Man City? As a false 9 type striker or can he play as an 8/10 similar to De Bruyne?

They linked a dodgy seeming article, but it would be what? Another guy out on loan who may come good? Hope he has more brains than that! They have plenty of riches in attacking areas unless they regard him as a starter striker, it seems unlikely too me.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I've never watched him play, seen the odd YouTube clip etc was not overly bothered whether we signed him or not but stopped off in Bruges for a night out on Friday on the way back from Eindhoven, had my city top on and got talking to loads of Club Bruges fans through the night to say they rate him highly is an understatement spoke to 2 or 3 who said he was the best young player they had ever seen in Belgium...….now I'm a little excited at the prospect of him signing.

On 17/04/2022 at 00:31, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If we are going to spend about 25m on a single player this summer... I'd rather we buy De Ketelaere than Madueke who seems to be quite injury prone this season having suffered his 3rd injury this season

....for Madueke, it could just come down to his growing at this time in his life where the body is sometimes at odds with itself!!!

Muscle injuries are his problem and has blighted his season so far.

For the amount of outlay of 30m Euros to make him (De Ketelaere) the most expensive player coming out of that league, the sensible money would need to be on De Ketelaere, but they are not fighting for the same position. Another good season for Madueke would have seen his price at 40-50m Euros, his injury problems may just have been a godsend, should we be willing to take a risk. Prices of 25m Euros being banded around, it may be prudent to take that risk.

• Like 2

Madueke is a hefty , muscular individual ,you wouldn't expect him to get injured. However I think any prospective buyer would want to see a long injury free period before taking him on. My worry is if Sancho is struggling then why would he be any different. All this anyway depends on getting a decent fee for Youri , if he leaves that is.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2022 at 18:14, sacreblueits442 said:

....if Vardy is fit at the start of next season, then he will start!!!

So long as he is not breaking down, then he is the number one striker. Our poor injury record for over a year needs to clear up and allow him to do his stuff, as he is not getting slower or struggling to get into positions to score.

His body is finished mate, maybe 12 starting games a season next year 

On 07/04/2022 at 18:37, An Sionnach said:

Let’s be honest we have been trying for years to find someone that can fill his boots and it’s an impossible task. I personally think we really missed a chance to get at least a decent alternative in Ollie Watkins before Villa got him and at the time probably would of accepted splitting game time with Vardy. He can play lone striker, quick, good in the air and most importantly scores goals. That boat has sailed and the search goes on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

You what? 

Soumare is a million miles away from being ready for the starting line up. 

Daka you could argue is useful but not as a main striker at our level. 

Both could benefit from a full season of regular football and I don't see them getting it here without hurting our starting 11. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Soumare is a million miles away from being ready for the starting line up. 

Daka you could argue is useful but not as a main striker at our level. 

Both could benefit from a full season of regular football and I don't see them getting it here without hurting our starting 11. 

I can see the logic but also the downsides. Sending them to, for example Fulham (maybe Forest :ph34r:) would likely get them game time, but it’s in a team that would be fighting where we would not to be, at the wrong end of the table.

Also, Vardy will be 67 next year and we need more cover than just CDK and Kel, especially if we managed to get into Europe (via ECL win)

• Like 1