Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

59 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Soumare is a million miles away from being ready for the starting line up. 

Daka you could argue is useful but not as a main striker at our level. 

Both could benefit from a full season of regular football and I don't see them getting it here without hurting our starting 11. 

But isnt the point of having Daka at the club so he can learn from Vards directly while he's still actively playing? What would be the point in sending him to a yoyo club the season after we signed him when Brendan said from the very beginning this season is just for Patson to get used to the environment and get settled in. Seriously, were you expecting another 30 goal season right away or why are you so unhappy with him?

Not to mention Vardy getting ever older, he's not going to be playing a majority of the games going forward. Also, you're willing to gamble on CDK slotting in seamlessly as cover for Vards in his first season here, surely not...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

But isnt the point of having Daka at the club so he can learn from Vards directly while he's still actively playing? What would be the point in sending him to a yoyo club the season after we signed him when Brendan said from the very beginning this season is just for Patson to get used to the environment and get settled in. Seriously, were you expecting another 30 goal season right away or why are you so unhappy with him?

Not to mention Vardy getting ever older, he's not going to be playing a majority of the games going forward. Also, you're willing to gamble on CDK slotting in seamlessly as cover for Vards in his first season here, surely not...

....I can see CDK fitting in this group quite easily and be up to speed with the division!!!

He is a bit of a chameleon in the sense that he fits right in, seamlessly. I belive we would always have the right balance upfront, if he came here.

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Who said I'm unhappy with him? I think he's doing fine but I feel there is something within the English game that he's maybe having a hard time adjusting too. 

He's a goalscorer, that's clear from his European form but i don't think it's unrealistic that he might need an extra year to fully settle. Plus let's be honest, he wouldn't have half the gamete he's gotten if Vardy hadn't been injured. 

Wanting to take time to bed him into the English culture and style of football to get the absolute best in the long run is litteraly the opposite from "expecting another 30 goal season". 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2022 at 22:13, sacreblueits442 said:

....I can see CDK fitting in this group quite easily and be up to speed with the division!!!

He is a bit of a chameleon in the sense that he fits right in, seamlessly. I belive we would always have the right balance upfront, if he came here.

He comes and goes, he comes and go.. o.. o.. os.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

swear to god if he’s bullshitting 

Could be wrong but feels a bit like the Soumaré signing in that this was basically wrapped up in January. Hopefully this one will be more successful though! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

He is bullshitting. I have no doubt we’re in for him and probs already wrapped up for the summer, but @Ekremkonur is one of the worst sources on twitter. (And there’s some bad ones).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

This chap has linked De Ketelaere to Newcastle, Arsenal, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Man City.

Hopefully someone more reliable has some good news for us.

“Slowly, but surely Leicester have started informal exchanges with the #ClubBrugge for Charles De Ketelaere. They hope to lower the price a little in the next few weeks (Bruges hopes for 40M € ). The player is interested in the challenge. #lcfc #mercato”

Time to start getting more excited lads.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

“Slowly, but surely Leicester have started informal exchanges with the #ClubBrugge for Charles De Ketelaere. They hope to lower the price a little in the next few weeks (Bruges hopes for 40M € ). The player is interested in the challenge. #lcfc #mercato”

Time to start getting more excited lads.

Basically says we're only team to  make formal talks, and AC will do. We have the advantage currently. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Basically says we're only team to  make formal talks, and AC will do. We have the advantage currently. 

AC will be CL next season and likely defending serie A champs 

if they come in for him and are serious about offering him first team football then we could struggle to get it over the line - of course this could be Brugge’s way of forcing us to pay the €40m payment they want 

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

AC will be CL next season and likely defending serie A champs 

if they come in for him and are serious about offering him first team football then we could struggle to get it over the line - of course this could be Brugge’s way of forcing us to pay the €40m payment they want 

Oh for sure, if they're serious they win his signature easily. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Although we can probably pay him more

any issues with a work permit ????

No issues. Recent appearances for Belgium, ever present for Club Brugge domestically and domestic cup (would be about enough in its own right) and then CL appearances this season make him well over the threshold. 

I really hope the first significant outlay we make in the summer is the right winger we need. Once that is sorted we move to other positions.

De Ketelaere is surely on the condition Iheanacho is sold and even then his position in the team in our current system doesn't really fit. He is not a winger and nor is he an attacking midfielder in a 3. Hmmmmmm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope the first significant outlay we make in the summer is the right winger we need. Once that is sorted we move to other positions.

De Ketelaere is surely on the condition Iheanacho is sold and even then his position in the team in our current system doesn't really fit. He is not a winger and nor is he an attacking midfielder in a 3. Hmmmmmm

Without a tielemans to ‘control the tempo of the game’, we may have to change the way we play 

maybe this is why the manager is calling it a rebuild - it may not be a huge change in personnel with maybe only two starters leaving but a different tactical approach would indeed be a rebuild …..

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would also like an out an out winger Ric, but I have a feeling CDK is being lined up as our main target for the right wing.

He has a very similar profile to Perez.. Good pressing stats, works hard off the ball and his heat map suggests he runs down the flanks but also drifts centrally, which will open up space for our attacking RB (hopefully Castagne). 

Basically fits the sort of profile Brendan would want..

Long term, his future should be in a central position probably as the main striker, maybe even as our Vardy replacement when he decides to hang up his boots. But playing on the right for a season or two? I wouldn’t discount it. Would certainly prefer a Madueke or Brennan Johnson for the right wing. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The only thing we've got going for us against AC is that obviously we can offer premier league football and wages that would be too much for AC 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Without a tielemans to ‘control the tempo of the game’, we may have to change the way we play 

maybe this is why the manager is calling it a rebuild - it may not be a huge change in personnel with maybe only two starters leaving but a different tactical approach would indeed be a rebuild …..

Yeah I sense that's going to be a decision we need to make but I'd have thought that's more than likely going to result in Maddison moving from the 10 role in to more of an 8 role along with KDH and Ndidi or another DCM and that the Tielemans replacement would be a box to box midfielder (tall) who might not be a guaranteed starter but a player that will get a lot of games still and might even be seen as a player who can play a 6 or 8 (someone like Sander Berge, Fofana at Lens, Sangare at PSV etc) 

I think De Ketelaere is obvipusly a versatile player but him signing and being used would be in a front 2 which then causes a huge knock on effect to how we'd set up but with Iheanacho leaving I could see us wanting him. 

17 minutes ago, Shane said:

Would also like an out an out winger Ric, but I have a feeling CDK is being lined up as our main target for the right wing.

He has a very similar profile to Perez.. Good pressing stats, works hard off the ball and his heat map suggests he runs down the flanks but also drifts centrally, which will open up space for our attacking RB (hopefully Castagne). 

Basically fits the sort of profile Brendan would want..

Long term, his future should be in a central position probably as the main striker, maybe even as our Vardy replacement when he decides to hang up his boots. But playing on the right for a season or two? I wouldn’t discount it. Would certainly prefer a Madueke or Brennan Johnson for the right wing. 

I suspect you are right but clinging on to Percy's piece where he said we wanted a striker (De Ketelaere?) and a right winger (Madueke was the name).

If it De Ketelaere and Lookman as back up on the left/right then I also hope we take a punt on Malcolm Ebiowi at Derby as I've a feeling he's got a lot of progressing he'll do very quickly and could well solve that RW issue for us. Or maybe we would try and loan in someone like Cole Palmer/Kayky, Omari Hutchinson. I just can't hack a 5th summer on the spin of not getting a good enough RW in for a team of our standard. 

• Like 2