Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

6 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Their manager is leaving also.

Probably a good time to go in for him.

....I suggested that recently, he has them playing an attractive type of football and the players look like the are enjoying themselves on the pitch doing so!!!

It was recently brought to my attention that they are the riches club in the Jupiler League and therefore being in the top two of their league is under achieving. For some reason CDK is playing an inside right or Inside left position that does not suit him and he is not getting full match time in games. They have some other good player out wide who look useful.

After a poor season we need a new hero. Maddison is good but he's probably only with us for another season. So we need another player to build the team around, and I think this is our man.

KDH, Daka and Fofana I also expect to be stalwarts, but I'm talking more about an X-Factor type of player, which is what I expect from CDK. 

Long live Charles the new King of Fosse Way!

• Like 1

I've a bad feeling about him, not that he's not a player of vast potential but that he's the sort of player we won't utilise properly and will be seen as a flop. What this means is he'll do well here if I have my doubts 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've a bad feeling about him, not that he's not a player of vast potential but that he's the sort of player we won't utilise properly and will be seen as a flop. What this means is he'll do well here if I have my doubts 😂😂😂

I got a bad feeling about him also.

Feel he is to lightweight for the Prem, hope I'm proven wrong if he does come.

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope the first significant outlay we make in the summer is the right winger we need. Once that is sorted we move to other positions.

De Ketelaere is surely on the condition Iheanacho is sold and even then his position in the team in our current system doesn't really fit. He is not a winger and nor is he an attacking midfielder in a 3. Hmmmmmm

....he is a forward though, and can play the second striker role!!!

He can also play the false #9 and we do need to move away from 4-3-3, it does not really work for us and therefore the 4-2-3-1 would be a better system because of Maddison. Any formation that has Maddison out of the #10 role or not central, needs to be discarded for next season. If we are going to spend a fair bit of money, let us spend it on players that play their individual roles, instead of make do and mend.

6 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Completely baseless comment: He looks like another really nice lad who will perform well for a few months and then just fade once things become difficult.

....not true, you get the impression if everyone else downs tools, he will still be working his socks off, I really believe this guy is a gem inside and out!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

15 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I got a bad feeling about him also.

Feel he is to lightweight for the Prem, hope I'm proven wrong if he does come.

I agree sadly. Really want to like him because he seems a good player, with a lot of potential and works hard. 

But reminds me of a Havertz/ Joao Felix type of player in that he’s not really a striker, or an attacking mid or a winger. In which case you have to alter your whole team to fit them in. 

I fear he could be our right winger signing, in which case I would much rather we went for an out and out right winger rather than shoehorning an attacking player (no matter how good they could be) into that position. 

Just frustrating because we could use this summer to rebalance our side, and with Maddison we already have a good 10/ attacking mid. So would be good to have a natural left footed right winger come in, with Barnes on the other side and one of our strikers we already have up top. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I agree sadly. Really want to like him because he seems a good player, with a lot of potential and works hard. 

But reminds me of a Havertz/ Joao Felix type of player in that he’s not really a striker, or an attacking mid or a winger. In which case you have to alter your whole team to fit them in. 

I fear he could be our right winger signing, in which case I would much rather we went for an out and out right winger rather than shoehorning an attacking player (no matter how good they could be) into that position. 

Just frustrating because we could use this summer to rebalance our side, and with Maddison we already have a good 10/ attacking mid. So would be good to have a natural left footed right winger come in, with Barnes on the other side and one of our strikers we already have up top. 

Bit early to be getting frustrated at our summer business the window hasn't even opened yet. 

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Bit early to be getting frustrated at our summer business the window hasn't even opened yet. 

Haha getting ahead of myself. 

Incorrect tense, would be frustrating if that is indeed what we do. 

*And it doesn’t work :P

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he is a forward though, and can play the second striker role!!!

He can also play the false #9 and we do need to move away from 4-3-3, it does not really work for us and therefore the 4-2-3-1 would be a better system because of Maddison. Any formation that has Maddison out of the #10 role or not central, needs to be discarded for next season. If we are going to spend a fair bit of money, let us spend it on players that play their individual roles, instead of make do and mend.

Yes he is a forward, so I don't want us bringing him in unless it's to replace Iheanacho. This isn't a signing to solve our RW issue or to provide competition as a 10, not at the amount of money he'll cost.

Priority is sort RW and a new CB. Then decide on how we replace Tielemans and that could be to change the way we play in which moving Iheanacho on as well and getting De Ketelaere in might be the way to go.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes he is a forward, so I don't want us bringing him in unless it's to replace Iheanacho. This isn't a signing to solve our RW issue or to provide competition as a 10, not at the amount of money he'll cost.

Priority is sort RW and a new CB. Then decide on how we replace Tielemans and that could be to change the way we play in which moving Iheanacho on as well and getting De Ketelaere in might be the way to go.

....my reply was regarding your earlier post!!!

"De Ketelaere is surely on the condition Iheanacho is sold and even then his position in the team in our current system doesn't really fit. He is not a winger and nor is he an attacking midfielder in a 3. Hmmmmmm"

I was not alluding to the RW position nor the possibility of replacing Maddison. Your uncertainty in regards to playing him in a 3, was the reason for my post.

As I said before, we need to move away from 4-3-3 and play a formation which will have Maddison in the #10 role (4-2-3-1), which in no way impacts on CDK's ability to play the loan strikers role or be part of a front two with Maddison behind them.

• Like 1

i’ve never seen him play but i’m desperate to sign him 😂

Does sound like an unreal talent a bit of a fofana type, in that you sign him for a big outlay but it’s the only way we’d get him in. 

Someone has to take a chance and if we are willing to pay that sort of fee then we must be sure he’s going to be great! 

• Like 1

He’s a great talent but for a club like ours to spend that kind of money, we’ve got to have a plan on how to get the most out of him. We can’t afford to let Brendan continue to try to fit square pegs into round holes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Without a tielemans to ‘control the tempo of the game’, we may have to change the way we play 

maybe this is why the manager is calling it a rebuild - it may not be a huge change in personnel with maybe only two starters leaving but a different tactical approach would indeed be a rebuild …..

Can't remember the last time I saw Tielemans control the tempo of the midfield.:dunno:

• Like 1

Youtube highlights of all Club Brugge games this season. De Ketelaere plays in a free role upfront and pops up all over the place, RW, LW, CF.. 

As @sacreblueits442said, he is a real gem of a player. 18 goals and 9 assists this season, but he also has so many pre-assists if you watch the highlights. His link up play is excellent. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Can't remember the last time I saw Tielemans control the tempo of the midfield.:dunno:

Most of our play goes through him so the speed at which he plays is the speed at which we play …. He has been less keen to play early forward passes this season which has hindered our tempo ….

Just now, filbertway said:

Tell you what, this is impressive by FT standards. The lad's been written off by some before we've even signed him :D

I thought that was the norm? I was just about to join in but you have gave me second thoughts now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

This is what worries me as let's face it he's not going to be anywhere near as good as Joao Felix or Kavertz so we aren't going to build a team around him and if we do then we are aiming downwards. We don't need another Perez/Soumare/Vestergaard type signing for big money that doesn't fit our team at all. We need to be buying players that are ready to hit the ground running and first team ready.  This is such an important summer for us I really hope that there is some oversight on transfers as Rodgers worst trait is his signings. He can coach well but his transfer history is shocking. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

This is what worries me as let's face it he's not going to be anywhere near as good as Joao Felix or Kavertz so we aren't going to build a team around him and if we do then we are aiming downwards. We don't need another Perez/Soumare/Vestergaard type signing for big money that doesn't fit our team at all. We need to be buying players that are ready to hit the ground running and first team ready.  This is such an important summer for us I really hope that there is some oversight on transfers as Rodgers worst trait is his signings. He can coach well but his transfer history is shocking. 

Havertz is overhyped and it won't take much for De Ketelaere to surpass him. Havertz only has 2 more goal contributions than Iheanacho this season, despite playing 1000 more minutes and in a better team. Not seen enough of Felix to comment. 

The big question with De Ketelaere is can he adapt to the right wing role, if that's what he's being signed for. He could just be a Iheanacho replacement, we don't really know. In an ideal world we'd sign a right winger and CDK in one window.

Edited by Shane

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Havertz is hardly a great player and it won't take much for De Ketelaere to surpass him. Havertz only has 2 more goal contributions than Iheanacho this season, despite playing 1000 more minutes and in a better team. Not seen enough of Felix to comment. 

The big question with De Ketelaere is can he adapt to the right wing role, if that's what he's being signed for. He could just be a Iheanacho replacement, we don't really know. In an ideal world we'd sign a right winger and CDK in one window.

I know what you mean about Havertz as he's been very inconsistent but he scored the winner in a champions league final and a club world cup final plus he's only 22 so he's not been a bad signing for them.  If CDK can play right wing then he could be a great signing for us. Signing him as a Iheanacho replacement would be worrying. Ihaenacho doesn't play enough as it is and when he does he tends to score anyway so as an upgrade on him seems more like it could be a downgrade. 

It's been said numerous times that Rodgers isn't really looking for a 'winger', he wants someone who can play an inside forward role with good work rate and pressing ability. Technically we want Perez with more quality. Never heard of this guy before this thread so no idea if he fits that bill or not but impression i get from reading other people's opinions is that he does.