Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Most of our play goes through him so the speed at which he plays is the speed at which we play …. He has been less keen to play early forward passes this season which has hindered our tempo ….

....I always felt he did not dictate the game and influence the team as you would have expected in his position!!!

If he is pressed he struggles and that means we are not on the front foot and he goes missing. If like last night teams are on the back foot because we are pressing them then he has the space and has the confidence to step up and try to influence as much as he can.

He has never been a leader, if you are looking for someone in the trenches to give you confidence, he is not the person you would look to.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Same deal as Fofana by the sounds of it, expensive but with little downside as he will triple in value in 4-5 years.

Think this will be instead of a RW though….:surrender:

Could work in a 4 3 2 1 quite nicely tbf. Him and Maddison in behind a striker.  Full backs would be required to attack and your DM just sits in between the back 2 to make it a 3 when in possession. Wouldn't be against Barnes being in one of those 2 positions as well, which would give us 3 decent options in those positions with Alves as a 4th choice :ph34r:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I dont get some of the takes in here. The club is showing ambition in wanting to bring one of Europe's biggest talents to Leicester and all I read here is about how a 6'4 CF is going to be too lightweight, how we should go for some academy kids from other clubs instead and so on.

Make up your minds, one day the crowd on here is unhappy with "uninspiring" signings àla Lookman last summer and the second we actually want to get someone special it's a waste of money.

It's more I don't see where he fits in, which we've fallen foul of with many a talented young player!

I shared the same concerns on Soumare and had I shared the same concerns on Daka I'm sure that would have been debated but a year on is valid as we don't play to his strengths!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's more I don't see where he fits in, which we've fallen foul of with many a talented young player!

I'd be more worried if we did see where he fits in to our current system, because it's shit and that would suggest we aren't changing it.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Could work in a 4 3 2 1 quite nicely tbf. Him and Maddison in behind a striker.  Full backs would be required to attack and your DM just sits in between the back 2 to make it a 3 when in possession. Wouldn't be against Barnes being in one of those 2 positions as well, which would give us 3 decent options in those positions with Alves as a 4th choice :ph34r:

....that would leave us back into the lone striker problem, as Nacho would be gone, Daka needs someone alongside and Vardy will have to be relied upon to stay fit!!!

Piroe would suit playing in the 2 spot alongside Maddison with CDK as the main striker. He could play alongside Daka and can work as a two with Vardy as well. We need to change the way we go forward, and as we love possession so much, playing Vardy in over the top or a threaded ball in between the FB and CH will need us to have a totally different approach.

22 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'd be more worried if we did see where he fits in to our current system, because it's shit and that would suggest we aren't changing it.

....imagine someone upfront with a more reliable touch that Nacho and can link the play with his back to goal!!!

Just turned 21, 14 goals and 7 assists in the league, tall, good in the air and not slow across the ground.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve never seen him play but i’m desperate to sign him 😂

Does sound like an unreal talent a bit of a fofana type, in that you sign him for a big outlay but it’s the only way we’d get him in. 

Someone has to take a chance and if we are willing to pay that sort of fee then we must be sure he’s going to be great! 

....can't see the fee going to 40m Euros, 30m would be a record for the Jupiler League!!!

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's been said numerous times that Rodgers isn't really looking for a 'winger', he wants someone who can play an inside forward role with good work rate and pressing ability. Technically we want Perez with more quality. Never heard of this guy before this thread so no idea if he fits that bill or not but impression i get from reading other people's opinions is that he does. 

....Rodgers got in wrong with Perez and we have had to wear the cost of his services!!!

I believe he is about to get it vastly wrong again if he looks to play him in the half spaces, Club Brugge is employing that tactic at the moment and it is not working. He is getting parts of games and not starting or finishing games.

If Lookman becomes our RW option, then I do not know what needs to happen for us to realise, we need someone who plays and lives and breaths the role.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

Not particularly excited about this chap which means he will probably be a cracking signing.

My previous experience is thinking Bertrand and Vestergaard were good signings and Soumare was the next Pogba 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Not particularly excited about this chap which means he will probably be a cracking signing.

My previous experience is thinking Bertrand and Vestergaard were good signings and Soumare was the next Pogba 

Vestargaard and Soumare I can forgive but thinking Bertrand would have been a good signing!? 😆

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Tell you what, this is impressive by FT standards. The lad's been written off by some before we've even signed him :D

That’s a good sign, they usually turn out to be the best signings. It’s the ones that everyone is jizzing about that turn out to be gash.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Most of our play goes through him so the speed at which he plays is the speed at which we play …. He has been less keen to play early forward passes this season which has hindered our tempo ….

Agreed . but is it him or is it the way he's been told to play by Rodgers? if so then no wonder he wants out.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Agreed and whilst he was one of our worse players in that time the side looked a lot more balanced with him in it. 

...it would have looked just as balanced with Lookman in the role and his fee would have been a third of the Price for Perez!!!

Labelling him, one of our worse  players seems to be a contradiction.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

9 hours ago, Phenom said:

He’s a great talent but for a club like ours to spend that kind of money, we’ve got to have a plan on how to get the most out of him. We can’t afford to let Brendan continue to try to fit square pegs into round holes. 

Just for the record, I absolutely hate that phrase.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....can't see the fee going to 40m Euros, 30m would be a record for the Jupiler League!!!

this is where it’s frustrating that we don’t have a big pot to play with. Because we have to be patient and haggle off that 5-10 mil we run the risk of a newcastle swooping in for him.  

I do love early deals as it lets you relax a little for the rest of the summer. But rudders has certainly earnt our trust as he usually gets his man 

I see CDK as kind of a Belgian army knife attacking player, someone who can play anywhere from a #10 to a withdrawn striker or on either wing.  He’s versatile enough to succeed despite Fraudgers’ usual insistence on playing guys out of position, but you do have to worry that his natural creatively will be snuffed out of him.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Rodgers got in wrong with Perez and we have had to wear the cost of his services!!!

I believe he is about to get it vastly wrong again if he looks to play him in the half spaces, Club Brugge is employing that tactic at the moment and it is not working. He is getting parts of games and not starting or finishing games.

If Lookman becomes our RW option, then I do not know what needs to happen for us to realise, we need someone who plays and lives and breaths the role.

The worrying thing is that a lot of people on here see that yet Rodgers doesn't. Lookman, if money wasn't an issue could be a valuable asset, but on the left because he's almost anonymous on the right. When out of position Rodgers also has the gaul to shout at and berate him when he miscontrols the ball!

I think it's all another example of Rodgers overthinking things and making a fathomable problem far too complex. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it would have looked just as balanced with Lookman in the role and his fee would have been a third of the Price for Perez!!!

Labelling him, one of our worse  players seems to be a contradiction.

Not really Shinji, Mark and Danny Simpson were 3 of our worse players when we won the league. They still all made big contributions. 

Also I dispute that it looks balanced with lookman especially when he played on the right to accommodate Barnes (which has been how he has been mainly used).

we have won roughly 17% of leauge games that lookman started this year. Perez won 43% (that doesn't include the FA cup BTW) last season and 53% the season before. 

Not the most reliable metric to judge but it does point to a more balanced side with him in it. 

Hopefully you understand that I'm not saying perez is better than lookman because I'm not, I really like lookman. Just that the team looked more balanced with perez in a sort of inside forward role of the right and if we are signing an upgrade in that role I welcome it. 

• Like 2

If he's coming in and we still want an RW + Lookman, a CB and a CM then we'll be needing to raise £80m + in transfer fees unless we get some players in on loan. 

I'm just very nervous we get done over this transfer window and we have to get our weakest position sorted first which is RW.

• Like 2