Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Guest Chocolate Teapot
25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If he's coming in and we still want an RW + Lookman, a CB and a CM then we'll be needing to raise £80m + in transfer fees unless we get some players in on loan. 

I'm just very nervous we get done over this transfer window and we have to get our weakest position sorted first which is RW.

I share your nervousness - we need to sell at least Tielemans plus one other. Soyuncu won't raise more than 20 million, which means we likely have to sell a Castagne, Maddison or Iheanacho? We're still going to be lumbered with a load of dross in the squad then.

More I think about the rebuild, more i think it's doomed.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

we have won roughly 17% of leauge games that lookman started this year. Perez won 43% (that doesn't include the FA cup BTW) last season and 53% the season before. 

....I  know you must have watched us this season and seen what  horrendous performances we have displayed!!!

At no time have we looked as if we could compete consistently in this league, poor management, dubious substitutions and constant recurring injuries. No one can thrive in this chaotic situation and comparing Lookman to Perez in different seasons where we had reached 40 points by Christmas, 

suggest that you believe, he is the reason for our poor results this season. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I share your nervousness - we need to sell at least Tielemans plus one other. Soyuncu won't raise more than 20 million, which means we likely have to sell a Castagne, Maddison or Iheanacho? We're still going to be lumbered with a load of dross in the squad then.

I'm worried we'll do an Everton, I trust recruitment to find decent quality, I'm unsure if Brendan will utilise them or just not use them in some sort of power move. 

But I can see a few being moved on sadly, I'd think a fair few bit part players will be sold to raise funds and we'll bring up some youth players

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We really are up against it, we've been in worse situations and built successful squads but it requires a shift in recent process.

I don't think we can expect to sign players in the £20-30m bracket for all the positions we need, to do so requires us to sell at least a Ndidi, Maddison, Fofana etc which is unthinkable really given we also need Tielemans, Soyuncu and plenty of fringe players to go. 

It's never easy, certainly not with the changes to the transfer rules for British clubs since Brexit but there's still so much value out there if we take some calculated risks. Likewise trying to tap in to unsettled academy stars at the big clubs like Omari Hutchinson who may want out of Arsenal. 

30 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've no concern about selling Iheanacho. CDK could replace both him (not his goals) & Perez in the squad. As long as we add a RW too, I'm ok with this ie selling Tielemans, Soyuncu, Iheanacho plus some fringe players...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....that would leave us back into the lone striker problem, as Nacho would be gone, Daka needs someone alongside and Vardy will have to be relied upon to stay fit!!!

Piroe would suit playing in the 2 spot alongside Maddison with CDK as the main striker. He could play alongside Daka and can work as a two with Vardy as well. We need to change the way we go forward, and as we love possession so much, playing Vardy in over the top or a threaded ball in between the FB and CH will need us to have a totally different approach.

In the system @filbertwaymentioned, the LCM would be high up the pitch and pressing alongside the striker. KDH has played this role recently and put in some great performances. 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3, diamond, or whatever you want to call it, the system would be quite similar to the one we played against Palace, Man Utd and a few others. 

Ideally you’d have KDH/Maddison competing for the LCM role and Barnes at LW. I’d also have Alves or Wanya as an option because they can play both positions.

Unfortunately, Brendan has to shoehorn all his favourite players in so KDH would be playing every minute at LCM until he collapses and Maddison would be on the wing. He also wouldn’t stick to this system, we will win 4-0 one game and then he’d change to 3atb or something in the next game.

It’s a tricky one. The system has great potential, but arguably our best player in Maddison, will be out of position most of the time. The results don’t lie though, we have 11 points from a possible 15 when playing this system (Brentford, Man Utd, Palace, Aston Villa, second half Vs Norwich).

Edited by Shane

10 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Vestargaard and Soumare I can forgive but thinking Bertrand would have been a good signing!? 😆

My thinking with Bertrand was that he'd be a great replacement for Fuchs - decent pro & a good tutor for Thomas. He was very good in pre-season as well then it all went very wrong lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Agree with others we need to sell to fund a large proportion of our transfers, unless too is going to give Brendan a little more out his own pocket straight away? Are we due any payments from maguire chilwell Mahrez sales?

...probably being used to offset the loan we took out!!!

I think if we sign this guy it might signal that Maddison might potentially be up for sale this summer. 

As other posters have pointed out for a decent transfer window we are going to need to sell another 'star' player alongside Tielemans. 

In my lowly opinion, in the end, releasing players from our squad and brining in their replacements is kind of moot until the playing style and formation of the team for next season is established.

The problem is, on the evidence of this season, I'm not sure what that is, and neither do i think the do the management team!!

Of course other opinions are equally valid 🤔 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shane said:

In the system @filbertwaymentioned, the LCM would be high up the pitch and pressing alongside the striker. KDH has played this role recently and put in some great performances. 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3, diamond, or whatever you want to call it, the system would be quite similar to the one we played against Palace, Man Utd and a few others. 

Ideally you’d have KDH/Maddison competing for the LCM role and Barnes at LW. I’d also have Alves or Wanya as an option because they can play both positions.

Unfortunately, Brendan has to shoehorn all his favourite players in so KDH would be playing every minute at LCM until he collapses and Maddison would be on the wing. He also wouldn’t stick to this system, we will win 4-0 one game and then he’d change to 3atb or something in the next game.

It’s a tricky one. The system has great potential, but arguably our best player in Maddison, will be out of position most of the time. The results don’t lie though, we have 11 points from a possible 15 when playing this system (Brentford, Man Utd, Palace, Aston Villa, second half Vs Norwich).

....the only problem with the 4-2-3-1 is the lone striker position!!!

Put someone there who can hold the ball up and link the play, it is all you need for what seems like our best formation to operate as it should. With the increased workrate of Maddison, he can drop in to help the midfield, when we are out of possession. 

With Tielemans and Soyuncu going to be on their way, we just need to replace them and bring in Tete/ Giovani for the right wing.

CF - CDK

CH - Richards

RW - Tete/ Giovani

CM - Dahoud

A club spend of £30m next season and Tielemans and Soyuncu bringing in £45m, we can cover the acquisitions of the above.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shane said:

Actually in my vision the 2AMs would be playing as 10s which allows it to become a font 2/3 in attack if one pushes forward and the other wants to drop a bit deeper. Most of the attacking output would come from turnovers from a high press width provided by the full backs.

Something like this :D

image.png.b0e17b63e7f91bab116c50b601bcdea6.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

You guys are all so negative man. Hes a top class young player with the 4th most goal contributions for an U21 player. Bizarre the fact most of you are writing him off before he’s even signed.

E3743BD8-F5D6-4A47-983E-978C4D0829AD.jpeg

Absolutely not writing him off, it's more a flag of how we'd fit him in. Just as we've seen with Soumare and Daka, neither of them fit in our system and we've not changed the system to accommodate them.

Patson Daka would have been on that list last season. We have to evolve or sign players thst actually fit the way Rodgers wants to play, it's infuriating we do neither.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Actually in my vision the 2AMs would be playing as 10s which allows it to become a font 2/3 in attack if one pushes forward and the other wants to drop a bit deeper. Most of the attacking output would come from turnovers from a high press width provided by the full backs.

Ignoring the shirt numbers, this is basically how I imagine we're wanting to line-up too - or perhaps closer to a diamond with CDK playing off the right of Daka in the channel, an asymmetrical format. Love the optimism at us landing Gallagher too haha

1 minute ago, -sodapop said:

Ignoring the shirt numbers, this is basically how I imagine we're wanting to line-up too - or perhaps closer to a diamond with CDK playing off the right of Daka in the channel, an asymmetrical format. Love the optimism at us landing Gallagher too haha

Couldn't be arsed updating the numbers haha. If we don't sign Gallagher this summer to replace Youri i'll be rioting at the club! haha

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'd have thought Nacho is a likely candidate, Maddison can play multiple roles, as good as Nacho can e when he plays regularly he limits the formations we can play.

I think part of the appeal of CDK is he can play along the front line.

With the new FFP in Europe club like us will have to have smaller squads in my view, so players who can play multiple role and positions are useful.

36 minutes ago, filbertway said:

...it does look an interesting setup!!!

The inverted #10s would for me be Maddison, and Piroe who plays that position for Swansea, who I believe play a 3-4-2-1. The lone striker element is still there, as Daka is not that sort of a player. This is where CDK comes in and takes up that position as he can also be a false #9, allowing people to go ahead of him.

When all is said and done, Nacho is not going to feature in Rodgers thinking, as he does not trust him. What ever we get for him is going to help our cause.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it does look an interesting setup!!!

The inverted #10s would for me be Maddison, and Piroe who plays that position for Swansea, who I believe play a 3-4-2-1. The lone striker element is still there, as Daka is not that sort of a player. This is where CDK comes in and takes up that position as he can also be a false #9, allowing people to go ahead of him.

When all is said and done, Nacho is not going to feature in Rodgers thinking, as he does not trust him. What ever we get for him is going to help our cause.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This x 2 ACM's is all well and good but then the same fans will get riled when we haven't spent big on a top class right winger. There's a real conundrum on the way in which we need to evolve next season.

Its all good fun trying to solve our attacking problems but I have no idea where the money is coming from. I will have to repeat again nobody leaves LCFC for a worse contract. Maybe there are generous clubs out there who would take our unwanted players and pay them the same, but I doubt it. If any of these transfers are going to happen , the club will have to take on more debt.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely not writing him off, it's more a flag of how we'd fit him in. Just as we've seen with Soumare and Daka, neither of them fit in our system and we've not changed the system to accommodate them.

...if KDH had not broken into the team and Soumare came with his "A" game, then he would have been exactly what we needed.!!!

I still see you fighting with what sort of player Soumare is and how to utilise him, in a way that suits the team.

I can also see that we may never get the opportunity to find out.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if KDH had not broken into the team and Soumare came with his "A" game, then he would have been exactly what we needed.!!!

I still see you fighting with what sort of player Soumare is and how to utilise him, in a way that suits the team.

I can also see that we may never get the opportunity to find out.

Weirdly he started well here often playing as the DCM and not the deep lying physical ball carrier that is what surely led us to being interested in him. Its as much him not excelling here as us not playing him correctly but it can often be so subtle in what makes a player struggle to hit the heights they previously had. I feel much more confident if we get a RW that's best position is RW and if we need a utility forward because we've got rid of Iheanacho then fine.