Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Surely the most obvious move would be to have this fella play #10 and move Maddison to the #8 position (which he has said is his preferred position) to replace Youri. As I type this, I realise that with those 3, you would really need Ndidi behind them so it kind of shoe horns you into a diamond. This also suits our strikers as both Daka and Nacho play better in a pair. If Soumare could get his sh!t together, I see him as a KDH stand in, Mendy for Ndidi (although I would like Kamara in and sell Mendy and Hamza) with one more player coming into the CM rotation, Gallagher or maybe even Tollisso (who like Kamara is free) to play the #8 role when maddison is out or is moved to play #10 when CDK is out. 

I think this also suits our fullbacks who I don't think need touching in the summer. 

Screenshot_20220514-123856_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Surely the most obvious move would be to have this fella play #10 and move Maddison to the #8 position (which he has said is his preferred position) to replace Youri. As I type this, I realise that with those 3, you would really need Ndidi behind them so it kind of shoe horns you into a diamond. This also suits our strikers as both Daka and Nacho play better in a pair. If Soumare could get his sh!t together, I see him as a KDH stand in, Mendy for Ndidi (although I would like Kamara in and sell Mendy and Hamza) with one more player coming into the CM rotation, Gallagher or maybe even Tollisso (who like Kamara is free) to play the #8 role when maddison is out or is moved to play #10 when CDK is out. 

I think this also suits our fullbacks who I don't think need touching in the summer. 

Madders isn't a RW. We desperately need a quality RW.

• Like 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

That was the only template for the diamond. It really would be a case of two central midfielders in a traditional diamond shape. The template just pushed them wide. So KDH and Mads in CM with CDK in front and Wilf behind. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

That was the only template for the diamond. It really would be a case of two central midfielders in a traditional diamond shape. The template just pushed them wide. So KDH and Mads in CM with CDK in front and Wilf behind. 

i really have this feeling that Wilfs days are numbered.  He’s just not box to box enough and isn’t that good at passing- two key elements of what Rodgers wants in a midfielder.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I don’t think we do, nor do I think a RW is coming in. We need more creativity across the front line (it may be CDK drift right of centre, Maddison left of centre) but a specific RW is not something we must have in my opinion

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

i really have this feeling that Wilfs days are numbered.  He’s just not box to box enough and isn’t that good at passing- two key elements of what Rodgers wants in a midfielder.

I think exactly the same. He's a cdm and thats it but Rodgers doesn't want to play an out and out destroyer.

Our team is littered with that kind of thing. 3 strikers and only one can play the loan striker role. Maddison out right. Thomas as a wingback. Cags at LCB of a 3. 

We need to settle on systems we want to play and fill the squad with players who can play those systems. 

• Like 2

Brendan traditionally like dynamic flexible forward players. So for example, everyone can move around positions. So I could see a forward line of Barnes, Madders, CDK and Vardy/Daka.

CDK looks like he can play anywhere across the front line. But it would be nice to get a proper right winger.  

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I don’t think we do, nor do I think a RW is coming in. We need more creativity across the front line (it may be CDK drift right of centre, Maddison left of centre) but a specific RW is not something we must have in my opinion

I can see your point to be honest. I keep thinking back to the positioning of mahrez at man city and he often looks like he's sticking out like a sore thumb despite being one of their best players, so much so that the opposition just leave him alone. We need much more interchangeable play along the front line such as KDB who floats into the flanks with ease. If we had that then I'd be happy with what we have in terms of wingers because as I see it, we'd have the interchangeable 'quality' along the front line and up the flanks as opposed to having it disjointed as it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

....I really feel that we are over complicating all this!!!

If we take the back-line as a reasonable use of personnel and we say we will stick to it.

The Midfield then becomes somewhat convoluted as  the KDH/ Soumare set up should not be an either or. KDH playing on the left with Soumare on the right. Maddison should no longer be shoehorned into this team, he has proven that as a #10 he excels in that position and should be afforded the respect of being in possession of the role.

CDK should not be made to occupy the #10 spot, it is not his role, and better suited as a SS or a CF. The addition of Perez in this squad seems strange as a rebuild should not include a player we have taken three years to realise his best position in the team (at least, we think it is his best position).

The front two should be Vardy and Nacho or alternatively Piroe and Daka a much better balance for both combinations.

CDK is causing the same kind of consternation as the Soumare purchase, people do not know where best that he fits.

48 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I can see your point to be honest. I keep thinking back to the positioning of mahrez at man city and he often looks like he's sticking out like a sore thumb despite being one of their best players, so much so that the opposition just leave him alone. We need much more interchangeable play along the front line such as KDB who floats into the flanks with ease. If we had that then I'd be happy with what we have in terms of wingers because as I see it, we'd have the interchangeable 'quality' along the front line and up the flanks as opposed to having it disjointed as it is. 

... Mahrez very much as he was at Leicester then!!!

Afforded too much space and without the great need to track back, an obvious out ball, and lethal with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... Mahrez very much as he was at Leicester then!!!

Afforded too much space and without the great need to track back, an obvious out ball, and lethal with it.

I couldn't disagree with this even if I tried! 

I can't beleive one of the main reasons I watch man city is because of that douche bag 🙈

Edited by UHDrive
Additional

This signing really makes me think we’re going for a 3 atb formation next season. I think a rotating front 3 of daka, Vardy, Iheanacho, Barnes, madders and CDK would be really powerful. 

Think it suits JJ and Timmy too as the wingbacks. I feel like it’s the sort of formation that would suit Soumare as well (if he is to ever come good). Same for KDH. 

Cags, Evans and Wes worked really well for a time at the end of the last season, I really think if we’d kept them all fit and played them together we’d have got top 4.

• Like 1

Maybe we sign CDK and go for the much loved 3 at the back!

Kasper

Fofana Evans Saliba

Ricardo Ndidi KDH Castagne

CDK Maddison

Vardy

Width coming from Ric n .Cas..

Also allow us to go with 2 strikers instead of one of CDK and Maddison.

Its happening.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I really feel that we are over complicating all this!!!

If we take the back-line as a reasonable use of personnel and we say we will stick to it.

The Midfield then becomes somewhat convoluted as  the KDH/ Soumare set up should not be an either or. KDH playing on the left with Soumare on the right. Maddison should no longer be shoehorned into this team, he has proven that as a #10 he excels in that position and should be afforded the respect of being in possession of the role.

CDK should not be made to occupy the #10 spot, it is not his role, and better suited as a SS or a CF. The addition of Perez in this squad seems strange as a rebuild should not include a player we have taken three years to realise his best position in the team (at least, we think it is his best position).

The front two should be Vardy and Nacho or alternatively Piroe and Daka a much better balance for both combinations.

CDK is causing the same kind of consternation as the Soumare purchase, people do not know where best that he fits.

Surely it's far more respectful giving him the role in which he says is his preferred position, that being the #8. 

32 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Maybe we sign CDK and go for the much loved 3 at the back!

Kasper

Fofana Evans Saliba

Ricardo Ndidi KDH Castagne

CDK Maddison

Vardy

Width coming from Ric n .Cas..

Also allow us to go with 2 strikers instead of one of CDK and Maddison.

Its happening.

Just think that team lacks 1v1 ability, having a player who can take a player out the game by going past them is so important these days.. I also think KDH is best in a 3 where he can play higher up the pitch and press. 

9 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Just think that team lacks 1v1 ability, having a player who can take a player out the game by going past them is so important these days.. I also think KDH is best in a 3 where he can play higher up the pitch and press. 

Aside from Barnes we haven’t got anybody in the side that excels in 1 on 1’s.  So we’d need to sign a fair few if that’s a prerequisite.

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Surely it's far more respectful giving him the role in which he says is his preferred position, that being the #8. 

....the International team does not play with a #10...!!!

Playing the #8 is something that he can do and he does have a tendency to keep dropping deep to get hold of the ball. We lose creativity when he does that and a Tielemans with a Maddison ahead of him has served us well.

International team? WTF are you talking about? Who said it did? 

I was mistaking in thinking that CDK was a #10 though so apologies for that. 

My point still stands in regards to Maddison though, he wants to play as an 8, he has done for us and I do believe it will be him who replaces Youri when he goes. 

• Like 1

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

I’m talking about someone who’s able to go outside and inside, able to take players out the game. Maddison is more ball to feet, give it and go, close control etc. 

The only thing Barnes has over Maddison is pace.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scotch said:

My point still stands in regards to Maddison though, he wants to play as an 8, he has done for us and I do believe it will be him who replaces Youri when he goes. 

Brendan wants him to play as an 8 or Maddison does? I thought madders is a 10 all day long? 

9 minutes ago, Scotch said:

....it will be in Maddison's interest to be associated with the #8 role!!!

England does not use the #10 option, so it hampers Maddison's opportunity to fit into the National team.