Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

48 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Maddison some time ago, suggested that he, himself, is a #8!!!

He doesn’t have the legs for it, he probably suggested that as he knows most teams don’t play a 10 and he didn’t want to lost himself a transfer. He’s a great 10, not an 8.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He doesn’t have the legs for it, he probably suggested that as he knows most teams don’t play a 10 and he didn’t want to lost himself a transfer. He’s a great 10, not an 8.

....exactly my thoughts on the subject!!!

My take on this, is to do with his career in international football. 

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

I feel he is a better 8 than Tielemans is, he is also very underrated defensively and works very hard out of possession.

• Like 1

Tielemans hasn't played as an attacking 8 for a long while. Maddison could possibly drop a bit deeper which he has at times but it would honestly be such a huge waste of his sensational ability 20-25 yards from goal in that space off the striker.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

Neither does Youri but he copes

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

I feel he is a better 8 than Tielemans is, he is also very underrated defensively and works very hard out of possession.

... this season he has added work-rate to his game!!!

Previously he has ducked out of challenges (cowardly so), and has not shown consistency within his game. Cannot agree with the better than Tielemans claim, but Tielemans does not help himself with his ability to give up the ball under little pressure. His (Tielemans) vision and passing is superior and I would suppose, divesting ourselves from the #10 role would give us different options.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-told-club-need-offer-cannot-refuse-signing-player-needs-convince-foxes/

Leicester City told they must make big offer – Both player and club need convincing

Three days ago, we relayed news from Belgium that Leicester City ‘prepare an offer of €30m’ for Charles De Ketelaere.

It was also explained the Club Brugge star is ready to take the next step, provided he receives interest from a ‘top club’.

Het Laatste Nieuws have a report discussing Leicester City’s interest and why ‘cashing in on’ the 22-year-old is ‘not an absolute must’ for the Belgian side. Within the club, there is belief that keeping him is like having a new signing for next season.

HLN warns all of this will be forgotten if the Jupiler Pro League side were to receive a bid of €35m and a project that convinces De Ketelaere. 

Leicester City are tagged, but so far there hasn’t been an ‘offer they [Club Brugge] cannot refuse’. In addition to this, no ‘ top club’ have been able to convince the attacker.

Club Brugge have the advantage of Champions League football, so he can feature in Europe’s elite club competition next season.

This would also improve his chances of making it to the Qatar World Cup. Belgium manager Roberto Martinez had earlier advised the Belgian to look for a move after the 2022 World Cup.

“Do you have to take that gamble just before a World Cup? Because you don’t want to risk your place in such a big tournament. And you can still go abroad after the World Cup,” the former Everton boss said.

Although Leicester and a few other clubs are looking at De Ketelaere, there are several factors that favour him staying. Therefore, the player’s ‘extended stay’ at the club is ‘not an illusion’.

If Brendan Rodgers’ side want to sign De Ketelaere in the summer, their project and offer must convince the player and Club Brugge.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

On 14/05/2022 at 16:23, JimJams said:

Aside from Barnes we haven’t got anybody in the side that excels in 1 on 1’s.  So we’d need to sign a fair few if that’s a prerequisite.

Barnes excels in 1 on 1s?

About twice a season.

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-told-club-need-offer-cannot-refuse-signing-player-needs-convince-foxes/

Leicester City told they must make big offer – Both player and club need convincing

Three days ago, we relayed news from Belgium that Leicester City ‘prepare an offer of €30m’ for Charles De Ketelaere.

It was also explained the Club Brugge star is ready to take the next step, provided he receives interest from a ‘top club’.

Het Laatste Nieuws have a report discussing Leicester City’s interest and why ‘cashing in on’ the 22-year-old is ‘not an absolute must’ for the Belgian side. Within the club, there is belief that keeping him is like having a new signing for next season.

HLN warns all of this will be forgotten if the Jupiler Pro League side were to receive a bid of €35m and a project that convinces De Ketelaere.

Leicester City are tagged, but so far there hasn’t been an ‘offer they [Club Brugge] cannot refuse’. In addition to this, no ‘ top club’ have been able to convince the attacker.

Club Brugge have the advantage of Champions League football, so he can feature in Europe’s elite club competition next season.

This would also improve his chances of making it to the Qatar World Cup. Belgium manager Roberto Martinez had earlier advised the Belgian to look for a move after the 2022 World Cup.

“Do you have to take that gamble just before a World Cup? Because you don’t want to risk your place in such a big tournament. And you can still go abroad after the World Cup,” the former Everton boss said.

Although Leicester and a few other clubs are looking at De Ketelaere, there are several factors that favour him staying. Therefore, the player’s ‘extended stay’ at the club is ‘not an illusion’.

If Brendan Rodgers’ side want to sign De Ketelaere in the summer, their project and offer must convince the player and Club Brugge.

Interesting, not sure they would turn down that sort of money if we offered it tbh. 

I'm convinced he would take the jump to join us if we can agree a fee with Brugge, yes they have CL but I just don't think he'd turn us down to stay there after speaking to Rodgers and seeing the training ground etc, I'd also imagine we can offer him better wages than anyone else who has been linked and the premier league is a huge pull for a lot of players. 

Granted he could go Ac Milan or somewhere similar. 

• Like 1

We could double CDK's wages and playing for us has only boosted Tielemans, Castagne and Praet's standing with the national side.

I can't see any side that could stump up the fee Brugge would want spending that much on him tbh, we're the right sort of stepping stone for him.

• Like 3

If we want him, there's not many other clubs he'd go to rather than here, lets be honest.

I think Tielemans, Cags and maybe Castagne are off this summer though, probably raise about 65/70m? Then also sell Hamza aswell. Iheanacho I'm not sure on, another one who could bag us an easy 30m.

If we've been prepping a transfer with CDK and his people for literally months and he's our main target, he almost certainly doesn't "need convincing." This isn't the days of Charles Aranguiz, we've illustrated by now with Soumaré and Fofana that we're not going to waste time with this long a transfer saga if it isn't basically wrapped up. 

It's just gonna be some minor horse trading once the season is done. 

It's been obvious since the story broke that we weren't going to be playing in Europe next year so that's never likely going to have been an important criteria in his decision to come. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

This would also improve his chances of making it to the Qatar World Cup. Belgium manager Roberto Martinez had earlier advised the Belgian to look for a move after the 2022 World Cup.

I mean, if I'm Roberto Martinez surely I'd look more favourably on a player who's a starter at a Premier League club like Leicester (Im hoping thats gonna be the case) than a player who plays in the Belgian league and plays in the UCL group stages before being knocked out like every year. Also don't know why Martinez is getting involved in all of this, all the Belgians who have joined us previously have gone on to become mainstays in the national team.

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

I mean, if I'm Roberto Martinez surely I'd look more favourably on a player who's a starter at a Premier League club like Leicester (Im hoping thats gonna be the case) than a player who plays in the Belgian league and plays in the UCL group stages before being knocked out like every year. Also don't know why Martinez is getting involved in all of this, all the Belgians who have joined us previously have gone on to become mainstays in the national team.

...what Martinez is seeking to do is keep CDKs focus on just football, as opposed to worrying about relocation to another country  and the logistics involved in doing so!!!

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

We could double CDK's wages and playing for us has only boosted Tielemans, Castagne and Praet's standing with the national side.

I can't see any side that could stump up the fee Brugge would want spending that much on him tbh, we're the right sort of stepping stone for him.

Well AC Milan are 2nd in line and while they've got UCL football on offer, 1. They wouldn't be able to give him the same sort of game time 2. Its the Premier League, what might be reasonable wages here would be top end wages and fees in Italy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I'm not so sure, our track record in recent years with players is pretty disastrous to their momentum and form. Quite quickly he could be out of sorts in the 1st half of the season and no longer a candidate to take to the World Cup. I hate saying that but we aren't that great a place to join right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what Martinez is seeking to do is keep CDKs focus on just football, as opposed to worrying about relocation to another country  and the logistics involved in doing so!!!

I'm sure our club is more than capable of taking care of those things and make arrangements. The one thing you hear from all of our new signings is how quickly they were able to integrate into our group and how quickly they were able to feel at home.

The only thing that might keep CDK guessing might be his significant other, iirc she has not yet finished her studies in Belgium but I guess thats just the sort of decision you're gonna have to make 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure, our track record in recent years with players is pretty disastrous to their momentum and form. Quite quickly he could be out of sorts in the 1st half of the season and no longer a candidate to take to the World Cup. I hate saying that but we aren't that great a place to join right now.

But how can a coach possibly go and drop someone like CDK just because they arent putting up the same numbers in the Prem as they were in the Belgian League. Its natural that there's going to be a slight drop. Nobody thought Daka would go on and score another 30 in his first season with us either.

6 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

But how can a coach possibly go and drop someone like CDK just because they arent putting up the same numbers in the Prem as they were in the Belgian League. Its natural that there's going to be a slight drop. Nobody thought Daka would go on and score another 30 in his first season with us either.

A lot on here have short memories , the hype around Patson bordered on the ridiculous. The truth is the PL is miles above these smaller leagues and even Soumaré has struggled inspite of leaving the French champions. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

It's not so much dropping them because they aren't scoring at the same rate in a harder league but that their confidence and form is shot to pieces and they aren't at the same level short term as before. Seen it with many a new player here.

There's a good chance he comes here and either barely plays in the 1st half of the season or plays, isn't quite up to speed and then seems to have a crisis of confidence. Again, seen it with many a new player here.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not so much dropping them because they aren't scoring at the same rate in a harder league but that their confidence and form is shot to pieces and they aren't at the same level short term as before. Seen it with many a new player here.

There's a good chance he comes here and either barely plays in the 1st half of the season or plays, isn't quite up to speed and then seems to have a crisis of confidence. Again, seen it with many a new player here.

...CDK playing as a SS would be great for us and also for Vardy!!!

With the RW on-board I have little worry about our ability to beat teams. Vardy playing in a two would give him that chance to get the 19 goals he needs for the top ten goal scorers. He has had Nugent, Okazaki and Nacho to play alongside him. Playing him in a two, does not hold him back.