Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...CDK playing as a SS would be great for us and also for Vardy!!!

With the RW on-board I have little worry about our ability to beat teams. Vardy playing in a two would give him that chance to get the 19 goals he needs for the top ten goal scorers. He has had Nugent, Okazaki and Nacho to play alongside him. Playing him in a two, does not hold him back.

So why not Vardy and Daka?

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

My hunch would be that should we play a 2 striker system, CDK would provide creativity, mind in a different way than Kele does now.

So it'd be Daka/ CDK or Vardy/ CDK but rarely Vardy/ Daka

If we do end up signing CDK, I do feel its gonna come at the cost of Kele (as much as I like him) 

54 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

...they are pretty similar players, looking for the same runs off the backline!!!

With a Vardy CDK tandem, it would be Vardy on the last man and CDK a bit deeper. He would then make use of the space that Vardy has created pulling defenders with him. CDK is an intelligent player, very good on the ground, in the air and a great team player.

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

My hunch would be that should we play a 2 striker system, CDK would provide creativity, mind in a different way than Kele does now.

So it'd be Daka/ CDK or Vardy/ CDK but rarely Vardy/ Daka

If we do end up signing CDK, I do feel its gonna come at the cost of Kele (as much as I like him) 

What formation would you play with 2 up top? If you play 3atb then Barnes doesn't play. If you play 4atb then either Maddison or Ndidi miss out, or you play Maddison wide right.

9 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

What formation would you play with 2 up top? If you play 3atb then Barnes doesn't play. If you play 4atb then either Maddison or Ndidi miss out, or you play Maddison wide right.

....we really need to understand what our identity is and how we are going to setup in the way we wish to play!!!

4-3-3 very much takes Maddison out of his most influential role, and a creative central player comes in to give us balance. The #10 role, not so much used is not a must have.

Looking forward to when we drop this formation, we are shoehorning  people into places.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LFox99 said:

The only thing that might keep CDK guessing might be his significant other, iirc she has not yet finished her studies in Belgium but I guess thats just the sort of decision you're gonna have to make 

....Martinez would rather those conversations take place after the competition, rather than something on his mind which is distracting him!!!

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not so much dropping them because they aren't scoring at the same rate in a harder league but that their confidence and form is shot to pieces and they aren't at the same level short term as before. Seen it with many a new player here.

There's a good chance he comes here and either barely plays in the 1st half of the season or plays, isn't quite up to speed and then seems to have a crisis of confidence. Again, seen it with many a new player here.

Any skilled 'man-manager' would not introduce a player into the cauldron of the Prem without ensuring they were fully integrated into the squad and physically and emotionally ready.

Managers and owners are like kids with new toys and the fans are as bad - wanting to see if the new boy can do a Messi (sounds like toilet training :blush:) first time out wearing the shirt. New transfers means one of the current squad get pushed down the pecking order. Rodgers has done this with Soumare and see where that's ended up. Interestingly, Thomas was able, even coming out of the reserves and young and inexperienced, to get up to speed v. quickly - as was KDH. This shows the importance of being integrated. I often wondered whether Akinbyi failed so miserably because he was introduced too quickly and Taylor kept selecting him - no doubt to try and exonerate himself from criticism by hoping the lad would turn the corner. It doesn't work - the burden of expectation just continues to mount and confidence crumbles away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we really need to understand what our identity is and how we are going to setup in the way we wish to play!!!

4-3-3 very much takes Maddison out of his most influential role, and a creative central player comes in to give us balance. The #10 role, not so much used is not a must have.

Looking forward to when we drop this formation, we are shoehorning  people into places.

This slavishness to formations shows a distinct lack of adaptability. So many perceptive observers on here realise that Madders is (and really always has been when not carrying injury) City's key player.

How many times do you see him picking up the ball deep into City's half in order to begin the next attack? Phenomenal football brain linked with superb technical ability. He's on a par with Eriksen as a playmaker.

He needs to have the freedom to command the game - which means giving him the freedom of the park.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gerblod said:

This slavishness to formations shows a distinct lack of adaptability. So many perceptive observers on here realise that Madders is (and really always has been when not carrying injury) City's key player.

How many times do you see him picking up the ball deep into City's half in order to begin the next attack? Phenomenal football brain linked with superb technical ability. He's on a par with Eriksen as a playmaker.

He needs to have the freedom to command the game - which means giving him the freedom of the park.

Which means a different manager.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Pigeonholing players is a symptom of computer football and its probably true that computers are being increasingly used by real managers in the PL. Top class players know their role on the pitch but they also know that sticking to it rigidly is unlikely to get you far. Adaptability and the element of surprise are vital at the top level. As you say , Maddison is a highly creative player and should be allowed to vary his play based on his own intuition and judgement of the state of the game.

• Thanks 1

Our purchase of Vestergaard has me worried. 

The "we have set piece issues, buy tall players" thought process, seemed to totally forget that he wasn't suited one little bit to how we wanted to play. I just pray to got we aren't looking at tall players everywhere, just to satisfy the fact Rodgers can't set up his team to defend from a corner. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The "we have set piece issues, buy tall players" thought process, seemed to totally forget that he wasn't suited one little bit to how we wanted to play. I just pray to got we aren't looking at tall players everywhere, just to satisfy the fact Rodgers can't set up his team to defend from a corner. 

I mean tbf this isn't exactly signing Peter Crouch to plug a gap. 

This is signing a guy absolutely raved about in Belgium as being the spiritual successor to Kevin De Bruyne. 

I assume his height is an after thought to us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean tbf this isn't exactly signing Peter Crouch to plug a gap. 

This is signing a guy absolutely raved about in Belgium as being the spiritual successor to Kevin De Bruyne. 

I assume his height is an after thought to us. 

Yeah CDK is considered the best talent since Tielemans over there. Doesn't always mean they will pay off, but given Eden Hazard, KDB and then Tielemans, their prospects more often than not seem to turn out well.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

On the one hand, it seemed like a last minute panic reaction a week after Fofana got injured. On the other, didn't our set piece issue really begin after we signed (and hardly ever played) Vestergaard? Or am I forgetting us being equally shite last season?

Anyway, I imagine any worry about CDK will dissipate when you remember the ability we have shown to monitor and assess players over a longer period that bagged us Soumare

5 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

On the one hand, it seemed like a last minute panic reaction a week after Fofana got injured. On the other, didn't our set piece issue really begin after we signed (and hardly ever played) Vestergaard? Or am I forgetting us being equally shite last season?

Anyway, I imagine any worry about CDK will dissipate when you remember the ability we have shown to monitor and assess players over a longer period that bagged us Soumare

We’ve been shite for ages. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Exactly. This guy is Fofana levels of potential. There's literally no down side to signing him, even if it's for big money. 

My only concern about CDK is his physicality.

Look at why Fofana has slotted in so easily?

He’s rapid, aggressive, has a swagger about him (confidence) which in turns is a perfect fit for a very physically demanding league.

Then look at Soumare as the other end of the spectrum - a players lack of pace/acceleration is shown up massively in the Prem as full of speedsters etc.

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

My only concern about CDK is his physicality.

Look at why Fofana has slotted in so easily?

He’s rapid, aggressive, has a swagger about him (confidence) which in turns is a perfect fit for a very physically demanding league.

Then look at Soumare as the other end of the spectrum - a players lack of pace/acceleration is shown up massively in the Prem as full of speedsters etc.

....Soumare is a big and aggressive player!!!

He is not slow and can handle this league, whatever is going on behind closed doors, is the reason why he has not shown any real quality so far. As for CDK, there really are no issues with his ability to compete in this league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Soumare is a big and aggressive player!!!

He is not slow and can handle this league, whatever is going on behind closed doors, is the reason why he has not shown any real quality so far. As for CDK, there really are no issues with his ability to compete in this league.

Soumare is big, yes.

As for not being slow - when I see him get ran past in every appearance my eyes tell me something different.

I would say that he has shown glimpses of using his big frame since here but not to the level you’d expect.

Compare how KDH with a much smaller frame uses his body to shield the ball.

Soumare from this seasons showing is not physically fit for the Prem IMO.

• Like 2