Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Soumare isn’t slow. He’s shown flashes of quality, but has struggled off the field this season which has had an impact on his football too. 

From what I’ve heard the club have said to him to have some time off ahead of next season, go away and get himself in order and come back next season to go again. There’s definitely a quality player in Soumare, but if you’re having problems off the field you’ll never be able to focus on it. 

The only concern is that Ndombele had the same issues, and ultimately couldn’t overcome them. But I’d like to think we’re a better club to be with when you’re not with it in terms of support. 

He’s had flashes of not being slow, the rest of the time he’s looked either very slow, unfit or can’t be arsed.

Hoping he can turn it around as I’m sure there’s a player in there somewhere 

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more concerns I have with signing this fella. 

Nothing to do with his ability, he looks absolute quality but having had a quick look (and I'll say now that in no expert on him or Club Bruges) he looks like another player who wouldn't fit our system. 

His main position seems to be up front in a pair. We already have two strikers who can't really play the loan striker role, I don't see the value of adding another when we more often than not play with one striker. 

Not sure about him on the right, doesn't look to have played there a whole lot this season and the worry is he becomes another player stuck out there not fully comfortable with it luke Perez and Maddison. 

The only way this works is if A, he is bought as a #10 and Maddison is going or B, we are looking to change the systems that we play which will require some big decisions on players leaving because no matter what formation we play just now, there seems to be players who aren't quite comfortable. 

Maddison would need to play the Youri role, we would need a RW and it would rely on Vardy being fit as he's the only striker we have who can play as loan striker and as I said, I'm not sure CDK would change that. 

Again, would need a RW and the striker problem remains the same, unless CDK plays as #10 and Maddison is pushed out because where I could see JM playing #8 in a three man CM, I don't see it in a two. Similarly, I don't rate Ndidi in a two man midfield. It constricts him from doing what he's best at, being a destroyer. 

Would need another LWB as Luke Thomas is not that guy. We would also need to seriously improve our standard of CBs but it would fit in CDK. 

Doesn't fit Barnes, Ndidi or Maddison and we would still need that RW. 

I was planning on naming a few other formations but I'm  becoming quite aware of how long this post is getting. In summary, I just don't see where this guy fits in without rebuilding the team around him, which is fine but then some other big players for us will need to move on. As our squad stands right now, 433 seems to be the primary system that would fit us best and I just don't see a place in that for CDK. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I mean tbf this isn't exactly signing Peter Crouch to plug a gap. 

This is signing a guy absolutely raved about in Belgium as being the spiritual successor to Kevin De Bruyne. 

I assume his height is an after thought to us. 

I've like to think that, but then we signed a sloth to play CB in a high line. 

24 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Nothing to do with his ability, he looks absolute quality but having had a quick look (and I'll say now that in no expert on him or Club Bruges) he looks like another player who wouldn't fit our system. 

His main position seems to be up front in a pair. We already have two strikers who can't really play the loan striker role, I don't see the value of adding another when we more often than not play with one striker. 

Not sure about him on the right, doesn't look to have played there a whole lot this season and the worry is he becomes another player stuck out there not fully comfortable with it luke Perez and Maddison. 

The only way this works is if A, he is bought as a #10 and Maddison is going or B, we are looking to change the systems that we play which will require some big decisions on players leaving because no matter what formation we play just now, there seems to be players who aren't quite comfortable. 

Maddison would need to play the Youri role, we would need a RW and it would rely on Vardy being fit as he's the only striker we have who can play as loan striker and as I said, I'm not sure CDK would change that. 

Again, would need a RW and the striker problem remains the same, unless CDK plays as #10 and Maddison is pushed out because where I could see JM playing #8 in a three man CM, I don't see it in a two. Similarly, I don't rate Ndidi in a two man midfield. It constricts him from doing what he's best at, being a destroyer. 

Would need another LWB as Luke Thomas is not that guy. We would also need to seriously improve our standard of CBs but it would fit in CDK. 

I was planning on naming a few other formations but I'm  becoming quite aware of how long this post is getting. In summary, I just don't see where this guy fits in without rebuilding the team around him, which is fine but then some other big players for us will need to move on. As our squad stands right now, 433 seems to be the primary system that would fit us best and I just don't see a place in that for CDK. 

look at it a different way.... what happens if we sell Tielemans in the summer and Maddison gets a re-occurrence of his hip injury and is out for 3-4 months.... Where does our creativity come from in our current squad?  Perez? Lookman or Barnes playing a 10 role?  Praet? (but he is persona non grata) - we have very little in the squad of players who can have that moment of magic. 

this is a decent analysis....

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

look at it a different way.... what happens if we sell Tielemans in the summer and Maddison gets a re-occurrence of his hip injury and is out for 3-4 months.... Where does our creativity come from in our current squad?  Perez? Lookman or Barnes playing a 10 role?  Praet? (but he is persona non grata) - we have very little in the squad of players who can have that moment of magic. 

That's a valid point and given that Maddison does tend to get injured, it should be looked at but you also have to consider Maddison staying fit. Then you are essentially spending £30m on a player who won't start every week and convincing him to come play rotation. 

The thing I’m concerned with is that we hear a centre back, a central midfielder and wide player are the priority targets. Not sure where this guy fits in with that as laying out a reported £30-£40m would mean he is a pretty big priority. 

I worry we will shoehorn him into the right wing position. Similar to Perez, someone who prefers playing as a 10 but can do a job further wide

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Soumare is big, yes.

As for not being slow - when I see him get ran past in every appearance my eyes tell me something different.

I would say that he has shown glimpses of using his big frame since here but not to the level you’d expect.

Compare how KDH with a much smaller frame uses his body to shield the ball.

Soumare from this seasons showing is not physically fit for the Prem IMO.

Soumare needs injecting with a bit of Vardy’s dna. He lacks aggression and short distance acceleration. Sort these out and we have a top player. It’s like he’s in some kind of fog at the moment. The physical that I’ve mentioned might actually be a mentality thing. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Soumare needs injecting with a bit of Vardy’s dna. He lacks aggression and short distance acceleration. Sort these out and we have a top player. It’s like he’s in some kind of fog at the moment. The physical that I’ve mentioned might actually be a mentality thing. 

Hadn’t thought of that but a great shout.

I still feel that we’re hoping to get beast Soumare but we’ll never end up seeing it.

Similar to Gray, physically he had all the raw attributes just never clicked for him.

If we can re-coup our money on Soumare, he’s got to go surely?

Rodgers has made a couple of references to players that don’t run, that’s aimed at Soumare isn’t it?

Edited by SafewayFox

2 hours ago, escape2victory said:

The thing I’m concerned with is that we hear a centre back, a central midfielder and wide player are the priority targets. Not sure where this guy fits in with that as laying out a reported £30-£40m would mean he is a pretty big priority. 

I worry we will shoehorn him into the right wing position. Similar to Perez, someone who prefers playing as a 10 but can do a job further wide

Well we don't know Rodgers' plans are for our setup next season.

Formations aren't exactly symmetrical once they actually play. We could be going for a 433 on paper when in reality CDK shifts inside behind Vardy and we then make use of the space vacated by him with our fullback and Madders who plays in midfield with KDH and Ndidi

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Well we don't know Rodgers' plans are for our setup next season.

Formations aren't exactly symmetrical once they actually play. We could be going for a 433 on paper when in reality CDK shifts inside behind Vardy and we then make use of the space vacated by him with our fullback and Madders who plays in midfield with KDH and Ndidi

Don’t we?  More possession I’d imagine. Scoring goals loses us possession. So tighten up the defence and do every game 0-0. 

Edited by ARM1968

Is this sorted yet, I’ve got the chant sorted.

To the tune of polly put the kettle on

Brendan put ketelaere on

Brendon put ketelaere on

Brendan put ketelaere on

We’ll all have goals

Brendan takes ketelaere off

Foxestalk has a meltdown

lol 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scotch said:

Much the opposite here.  Rather than restricting ourselves to signings who fit Rodgers' turgid, stultifying system, sign players versatile enough to be useful to us after he's gone.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Good to see a player who is 6,3 linked to us. I’m sure Rodgers has a complex and only wants to sign people under 6ft given his own lack of height. We must be the smallest side in the league.

Tbf vestergaard, Soumare, daka and fofana are all over 6ft. We’ve got tall players just not many of them actually play. 

We will sell Kalechi I think to eventually fund this. Would be a good move too, because I think he will offer much more in that second striker role than him. Also a presence up the top end of the field. 

There’s something about this kid I like. I think he’s a special talent and the type of player I can see being unplayable when he’s at it. 

• Like 2