Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’d work at Liverpool, IMO. Arguably does link up better than Firmino, and a better finisher too. They don’t really have space for him in the squad though.

No chance, you need to watch more of Firmino 

That's one of the funnest things I've read in a while 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance, you need to watch more of Firmino 

That's one of the funnest things I've read in a while 

What you can't see one of the worlds best teams, buying a Leicester reserve striker and him ripping it up?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Iheanacho will score 20+ goals for someone in a top 5 league. Put him up front in Germany or France and he'd score a hatful. Put him up front for Brighton or someone like that and I also think he does great. It'd be a shame to lose him.

I think kel is good, but this assumption that he’ll score loads of goals elsewhere seems a bit strange to me. He quite regularly can’t control a football. He’s also only managed a 20 goal season once, this year he’s played nearly 25 games worth of minutes and only managed 8 goals. That includes games against poor level of opposition in domestic cups and European games. 4 premier league goals this season is hardly amazing.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

What you can't see one of the worlds best teams, buying a Leicester reserve striker and him ripping it up?

100%, in other news Hamza is replacing Tony Kroos at Madrid. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I'm not sure we'll keep Barnes if we sign him. 

I'd assume Barnes would be integral to the managers 'lean' squad for next season with the ability to rotate with Lookman should we get him a deal.

48 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd assume Barnes would be integral to the managers 'lean' squad for next season with the ability to rotate with Lookman should we get him a deal.

...I  am still not seeing this!!!

Neither of those positions fits where De Ketelaere should be played. 

We can be a leaner squad with a lot of fringe players who we can release. Barnes although berated at length, by Rodgers yesterday, will be an essential cog in the wheel for next season.

Here’s how I see it with CDK.

Brendo is a guy who buys a new car, drives it to the lake and then says “It was fine when it was on tarmac, but once it got out on the water it was nothing but trouble.  I don’t understand it.”  So he either sells it for half price or, if no one will buy it, leaves it by the curb for someone to take for free.

This cycle repeats over and over,  Eventually someone says “You know, that’s not a boat.”  To which Rodgers replies “In my system, it’s a #*%$ boat.”

If you’re going to let that guy continue to be in charge of your transport purchases, the only answer is to buy amphibious vehicles.  CDK is pretty much an amphibious vehicle.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Brendo is a guy who buys a new car, drives it to the lake and then says “It was fine when it was on tarmac, but once it got out on the water it was nothing but trouble.  I don’t understand it.”  So he either sells it for half price or, if no one will buy it, leaves it by the curb for someone to take for free.

This cycle repeats over and over,  Eventually someone says “You know, that’s not a boat.”  To which Rodgers replies “In my system, it’s a boat.”

If you’re going to let that guy continue to be in charge of your transport purchases, the only answer is to buy amphibious vehicles.  CDK is pretty much an amphibious vehicle.

Does he drive it to the lake or into the lake.  That is a pretty big difference.  If he drives it into the lake I think the club could rightly call him on it, because that is bloody stupid and he gets paid enough to look after the cars provided better than that.  If he drives it to the car park by the boat ramps and goes for a walk and then it doesn't start I he could complain that the club bought him a shit motor and he needs an upgrade.  The club might say his mechanics should have maintained it better, but he could then rightly say they look after the classic car in the garage very well indeed, so they are not at fault, its just this car is unreliable.  What if he gets a camper van?  Not one of those air cooled classics, but the new VW California for about 100k.  Snazzy.  I'm getting a bit lost in this metaphor now. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Does he drive it to the lake or into the lake.  That is a pretty big difference.  If he drives it into the lake I think the club could rightly call him on it, because that is bloody stupid and he gets paid enough to look after the cars provided better than that.  If he drives it to the car park by the boat ramps and goes for a walk and then it doesn't start I he could complain that the club bought him a shit motor and he needs an upgrade.  The club might say his mechanics should have maintained it better, but he could then rightly say they look after the classic car in the garage very well indeed, so they are not at fault, its just this car is unreliable.  What if he gets a camper van?  Not one of those air cooled classics, but the new VW California for about 100k.  Snazzy.  I'm getting a bit lost in this metaphor now. 

Into the lake, Top Gear style.  No doubt about it.

Top-Gear-UK-Amphibious-Challenge.png

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

This cycle repeats over and over,  Eventually someone says “You know, that’s not a boat.”  To which Rodgers replies “In my system, it’s a boat.”

Sadly for Brendan, he's not realised that no-one drives in lakes any more,  it's old hat, driving's moved on. Driving in lakes is now slow, repetitive and boring and gets you nowhere. It was fine on tarmac because that's where it's at now.

• Like 1