Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Is Milan a nicer city than Leicester, genuine question? I thought it was just a medium sized industrial city same as us? It's in the north too so the weather probably isn't much better.

I'd have thought the wages we could pay and the prestige of being in the biggest league in the world would count in our favour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Is Milan a nicer city than Leicester, genuine question? I thought it was just a medium sized industrial city same as us? It's in the north too so the weather probably isn't much better.

I'd have thought the wages we could pay and the prestige of being in the biggest league in the world would count in our favour.

Mate Milan is gorgeous. Located in Lombardy, one of the most amazing places to visit if you're ever in Italy.

That being said, yes, players do choose wages and prestige over nice surroundings all the time. Besides, its not like our players live in the City anyway. Just look at Kamara and Villa, he traded sunny Marseille for Birmingham

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Champions of Italy or Leicester….

It sounds ridiculous but at the same time there's the difference of being in the first team or not. That said IMO at both 10 and 7, Milan's options aren't as good as they could be.

I think we want him and will pay the money, but he will go to Milan. And you can hardly blame a player for doing that. 

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

25-30m, ****ing hell snap their hands off. If that's genuine we should be getting this done asap. We were concretely linked in January and quoted 40m.

The tweet says something along those lines. In January they wanted 40m, but now it might be 25-30m.

Most likely an auction has started and he goes for 35-40m to either one of us.

Players are getting wise to things these days, a season or two with a top ten prem side catapults you (and your agent) to mega money either by transfer or new contract.

A season or two in Italy doesn't, and you'll probably be sold for not much more than you were bought for (less agent incentive again)

• Like 3

He would be mad to go there he would be paid significantly less as even with champions league the financial might of the Premier league blows everyone bar juve in Italy out of the water.

Plus over the last 6 years 5 players have secured huge money moves to super clubs from Leicester. In that time only bonuccui has secured a huge move out of ac Milan. 

What worries me is that Milán are champions of Italy now. They ain't just challenging for champions league. We've got to give him the assurance of game time if we want him for real 

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Surely we know he’s going to be very sought after and we have other targets identified? 🤞🏻

I think he is supposed to be our marquee signing, similar to Wesley Fofana when we got him.

Other teams, including Milan were sniffing around Fofana too.

• Like 1

I think it might just come down to who shows that they want him. He’s supposed to be our main target (certainly the only one we’re looking to make a solid offer for atm) whereas he might just be on Milan’s radar and they have other priorities.

If that’s the case then we play on that and make it known he’s our preference and we want it done asap. Then you don’t get lead on while the player weighs up the Milan move.

Edited by JimJams

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Noah Lang on the same team has a higher ceiling than this guy

Yeah he's a quality player, but think he has a few attitude issues from what I have read but then most of these maverick wingers are all similar. 

I think Eric ten hag sold him to brugge because he didn't like his attitude. 

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Noah Lang on the same team has a higher ceiling than this guy

Dont know where youre getting that from. Lang is the more flashy player but hes also well known to have a really shitty attitude.

Everyone I asked about CDK who actually watches the Belgian league says CDK is the more promising player and will be the next big thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

The prestige of the league took a huge nose dive late yesterday afternoon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Dont know where youre getting that from. Lang is the more flashy player but hes also well known to have a really shitty attitude.

Everyone I asked about CDK who actually watches the Belgian league says CDK is the more promising player and will be the next big thing

i dont fancy him because he looks like a dele alli havertz type that has just developed physically early on. He doesnt look particularly fast technical or creative so i dont see how he can improve his game much further than he has. Noah lang on the other hand looks to have really high potential, really impressive technical ability and creativity

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

i dont fancy him because he looks like a dele alli havertz type that has just developed physically early on. He doesnt look particularly fast technical or creative so i dont see how he can improve his game much further than he has. Noah lang on the other hand looks to have really high potential, really impressive technical ability and creativity

Tell me you havent watched either of them play without telling you havent watched either of them play

• Like 1
  • Haha 2