Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

20 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

i dont fancy him because he looks like a dele alli havertz type that has just developed physically early on. He doesnt look particularly fast technical or creative so i dont see how he can improve his game much further than he has. Noah lang on the other hand looks to have really high potential, really impressive technical ability and creativity

think you need to have a ganders at this.. 

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

you could find far more impressive clips of dele alli and havertz so dont know what that's supposed to prove.

So you'd rather have a troublemaker and essentially a dickhead in the squad than a hard worker with a massive ceiling?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

you could find far more impressive clips of dele alli and havertz so dont know what that's supposed to prove.

well.. you said he wasn't technical or creative, So i presented you with examples of him being both

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

Is Milan a nicer city than Leicester, genuine question? I thought it was just a medium sized industrial city same as us? It's in the north too so the weather probably isn't much better.

I'd have thought the wages we could pay and the prestige of being in the biggest league in the world would count in our favour.

Milan the city is an utter shithole.

The surrounding countryside however is stunning. Similar to footballers in England, I'd imagine most players in Italy live in the outskirts and countryside rather than the inner city.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

I think it might just come down to who shows that they want him. He’s supposed to be our main target (certainly the only one we’re looking to make a solid offer for atm) whereas he might just be on Milan’s radar and they have other priorities.

If that’s the case then we play on that and make it known he’s our preference and we want it done asap. Then you don’t get lead on while the player weighs up the Milan move.

Not sure I can see us investing €40m on a 10 before bringing in a replacement for Youri and some outgoings. Seems a good player and hopefully we can get him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Milan the city is an utter shithole.

The surrounding countryside however is stunning. Similar to footballers in England, I'd imagine most players in Italy live in the outskirts and countryside rather than the inner city.

Spot on; People love to trot this stuff out. Milan is probably the most disappointing place I've ever been too. A nice square and that's almost it. Leicester is just a standard city, like most in the UK. Some crap parts, some fairly nice parts. Don't know why people make it out like it's the worst city in the country.

And Leicestershire has some stunning countryside and beautiful villages. Don't think the location is the big issue people make out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Spot on; People love to trot this stuff out. Milan is probably the most disappointing place I've ever been too. A nice square and that's almost it. Leicester is just a standard city, like most in the UK. Some crap parts, some fairly nice parts. Don't know why people make it out like it's the worst city in the country.

And Leicestershire has some stunning countryside and beautiful villages. Don't think the location is the big issue people make out.

The midlands is a beautiful place and I always thank my lucky stars I grew up in the countryside as I drive back to visit family. It’s just easy to look down upon to the uneducated as it’s not fashionable but the rolling countryside, lovely little market towns, pretty villages, good pubs… In fact as I write this I realise that anyone that bashes it is a bit of a tit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Milan may be a bit short of tourist sites but has fantastic restaurants, world leading fashion and is half an hour from the Italian lakes. Gritty and humid in the summer, but a great place to live.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think he is supposed to be our marquee signing, similar to Wesley Fofana when we got him.

Other teams, including Milan were sniffing around Fofana too.

Which makes total sense but unless we’ve got over confident surely a player with the reputation he’s building would always make us have a couple of alternatives lined up?

There can be other marquee signings available that improve our starting 11 surely?

23 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Milan may be a bit short of tourist sites but has fantastic restaurants, world leading fashion and is half an hour from the Italian lakes. Gritty and humid in the summer, but a great place to live.

Not saying it's not a good place to live (if you have money) but it's more that some people make out that it's this amazing place because, I'd assume, the links to the fashion industry. Italy is a poorer country than the UK so lots of the urban areas are going to be more destitute than over here.

Ultimately though, if you're an international/premier League footballer, you're going to have a great quality of life regardless which of the top leagues you go to, so it comes down to a sporting decision (Milan are right back on the up though I understand some limited financial power despite winning the league).

What we have to remember is what happens to our sold assets. 

Since we’ve won the league we’ve had handfuls of players move on to bigger clubs. That’s what he will notice above all. Milan may have won the league, but they’ve been lingering in the shadows for years and there’s no evidence of players going there to better themselves until recently. 

CDK knows if he joins us and succeeds he could eventually become of the most sort after players in Europe. This really counts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Buy him for 30-40mil. Sell him for 70-80mil 3 years later.

It's what we do. 

Love that model.

Let’s claim memory loss for Slimani, Perez, Silva (he was under 30m wasn’t he?) and a few others 😜

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Love that model.

Let’s claim memory loss for Slimani, Perez, Silva (he was under 30m wasn’t he?) and a few others 😜

Were any of them 20 year olds who happened to get 30 goal contributions across all competitions?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Were any of them 20 year olds who happened to get 30 goal contributions across all competitions?

Clearly not but let’s not get too carried away as Daka also had an amazing season in Austria yet would be classed as a work in progress with potential.

Daka also has that pace to burn which no one has said about CDK and do fear that could hold him back in a very physical and pace orientated league that is the Prem.

Obviously love to be proven wrong just merely stating an obvious concern if ask me.

32 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Clearly not but let’s not get too carried away as Daka also had an amazing season in Austria yet would be classed as a work in progress with potential.

Daka also has that pace to burn which no one has said about CDK and do fear that could hold him back in a very physical and pace orientated league that is the Prem.

Obviously love to be proven wrong just merely stating an obvious concern if ask me.

....he is quick enough, with his movement he is where he needs to be!!!

If you can imagine some who links the play high up the pitch and intelligent enough to know when to release players. His stride will get him ahead of defenders, he does not have to rely on his pace, like Daka or Vardy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

Is Milan a nicer city than Leicester, genuine question? I thought it was just a medium sized industrial city same as us? It's in the north too so the weather probably isn't much better.

I'd have thought the wages we could pay and the prestige of being in the biggest league in the world would count in our favour.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Milan and I thought it was a great place but our league has a certain prestige at the moment and we would be the ideal showcase for him. 

Small addition to this: Leicester remains, at this stage, the most concrete club in this file. The Italians will need a new owner to finalize. Leicester are preparing their offer, but so far nothing has happened. The struggle will continue. #LCFC #AcMilan

Small addition to this: Leicester remains, at this stage, the most concrete club in this file. The Italians will need a new owner to finalize. Leicester are preparing their offer, but so far nothing has happened. The struggle will continue. #LCFC #AcMilan

Edited by chapero82

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he is quick enough, with his movement he is where he needs to be!!!

If you can imagine some who links the play high up the pitch and intelligent enough to know when to release players. His stride will get him ahead of defenders, he does not have to rely on his pace, like Daka or Vardy.

I hope so mate.

Just how many times does Youri or even Madders have comments about their lack of pace?

Take Madders for example and England - the only thing that Grealish, Mount, ESR, Gallagher etc all have over him is that whilst they might not be rapid have that pace to beat a man.

Sadly Madders does not and it has been mentioned on here that it could hold Madders back, hence my fear for CDK.

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I hope so mate.

Just how many times does Youri or even Madders have comments about their lack of pace?

Take Madders for example and England - the only thing that Grealish, Mount, ESR, Gallagher etc all have over him is that whilst they might not be rapid have that pace to beat a man.

Sadly Madders does not and it has been mentioned on here that it could hold Madders back, hence my fear for CDK.

If CDK is as successful as Madders,  I’d consider that a hell of a signing.

• Like 2