Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Players linked Kone, Colwill, Garner, Asllani, Saliba and CDK are all U21, pointing to the fact it’s hard to shift (without big losses) players or unwilling to shift players before end of contract e.g. Sharky. Little Wes is no longer an U21 next season.

Edited by Reginaldo

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's stupid even if you have. 

Madders is literally our player of the year, you don't get much more lightweight than that. 

Mahrez and Izzet…. Two of our finest players, both who were skinnier than a matchstick! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Classic post of someone who’s never actually seen him play. 

Which may be the case but most if not all posters on here have bemoaned our lack of physicality.

So maybe, just maybe that’s what the original poster was implying.

Adding another talented but non physical player to our ranks.

For the record, as my previous posts state for a straight replacement for Kelechi it’s a no brainer.

However, it would be nice if Rodgers and co. do identify a bit of steel in our other signings.

16 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Which may be the case but most if not all posters on here have bemoaned our lack of physicality.

So maybe, just maybe that’s what the original poster was implying.

Adding another talented but non physical player to our ranks.

For the record, as my previous posts state for a straight replacement for Kelechi it’s a no brainer.

However, it would be nice if Rodgers and co. do identify a bit of steel in our other signings.

Yes but CDK isn't a weakling. He's a pretty strong kid to be honest who's quite good at holding the ball up. 

He's a bit lanky yes but he's deceptively strong. 

Which is exactly why @Pliskin is accusing someone of judging him at a glance and not watching him. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Tbf Man City do fine with forwards that weigh less than a bag of sugar. Just need the physicality at the defensive end really.

It's ok to be lightweight if you're a world class player. If you're not and though and the ref isn't going to back you then you need done strength in the team. Which man city also have.

14 minutes ago, K789 said:

Milan in for Renato Sanchez and botman now in a double deal from lille when you add in lang, they're spending! Can Milan afford him aswelll

If they’re buying Sanches we should take Adli off them, would be a decent Youri replacement imo.

Edited by Dusty

8 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I hope so mate.

Just how many times does Youri or even Madders have comments about their lack of pace?

Take Madders for example and England - the only thing that Grealish, Mount, ESR, Gallagher etc all have over him is that whilst they might not be rapid have that pace to beat a man.

Sadly Madders does not and it has been mentioned on here that it could hold Madders back, hence my fear for CDK.

...watching Maddison on his showreel it seemed that he would not be with us too long!!!

His talent was so good we would be lucky to keep him at the end of the season with the big boys beating the doors down. It was noticeable for me, in his first home game that he was a bit slow in his actions and getting about the pitch.

His recent form this season has shown that the issue no longer exists as he executes in a more purposeful way, basically knowing what he wants to do and getting on with it.

With no hesitation or indecision  he seems to have managed to gain time for himself and stealing a few yards as well.

46 minutes ago, Dusty said:

If they’re buying Sanches we should take Adli off them, would be a decent Youri replacement imo.

Adli is an interesting one. We've been linked to him and his brother before. I see Yacine more of a Maddison type midfielder than a Tielemans but he's got enough about him to play a slightly deeper playmaker role.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Classic post of someone who’s never actually seen him play. 

Seen him play, thin lanky lad, reminds me of Rodney Trotter. He might be able to do it in Belgium but the Prem is another ball game..

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's stupid even if you have. 

Madders is literally our player of the year, you don't get much more lightweight than that. 

It's fine having one or two show boating princesses in your team if they can deliver like Madders and Mahrez did.

But we got to many softies.

This tranfer window we need some ugly mean bastards, we need someone who will break some legs. 

Look at the differences KDH made this season when he broke into the team, we need more of that, mostly at CB and DM

Then get one quality CM midfielder like Kökçü.

And one skillful natural right winger.

Bob's your uncle, there you have it.

This time next year we will be Champions.

6 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

This tranfer window we need some ugly mean bastards, we need someone who will break some legs.

What is this, 1980?

And even if we do "need" a tough bastard, would you not be looking at a centre back or defensive midfielder? 

Who the fvck signs an attacking midfielder to take bodies? 

🤷

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Seen him play, thin lanky lad, reminds me of Rodney Trotter. He might be able to do it in Belgium but the Prem is another ball game..

It's fine having one or two show boating princesses in your team if they can deliver like Madders and Mahrez did.

But we got to many softies.

Look at the differences KDH made this season when he broke into the team, we need more of that, mostly at CB and DM

Then get one quality CM midfielder like Kökçü.

And one skillful natural right winger.

Bob's your uncle, there you have it.

This time next year we will be Champions.

I've never known a post before that let me picture exactly what the poster looks like lol 

I reckon I could have a good crack at ID'ing you in a parade after that...

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Adli is an interesting one. We've been linked to him and his brother before. I see Yacine more of a Maddison type midfielder than a Tielemans but he's got enough about him to play a slightly deeper playmaker role.

Yeah I think he would work work in the 433 as an 8, probably better than madders or Tielemans would, but then would be left efficient than Tielemans in the 6 and madders in the 10. Seen some Bordeaux fans complain that he can be quite lazy too, doesn’t track runners etc so we could have the same problem we did with Soumare. On the ball tho, he seems really talented and could be a useful addition.

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What is this, 1980?

And even if we do "need" a tough bastard, would you not be looking at a centre back or defensive midfielder? 

Who the fvck signs an attacking midfielder to take bodies? 

🤷

When I mean tough bastards, I'm talking CB and DM.

As i wrote below.

I don't think we need a attacking midfielder.

Right winger and a Youri replacement.

Then a few ugly bastards Wasilewski MRK 2 

7 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

When I mean tough bastards, I'm talking CB and DM.

As i wrote below.

I don't think we need a attacking midfielder.

Right winger and a Youri replacement.

Then a few ugly bastards Wasilewski MRK 2 

CDK will 100% be used as an inverted right forward. 

Brendan likes players who are flexible and not necessarily tied to one position. 

You look at JJ, Castagne and Perez to name a few you wouldn’t say that they’re a one position player. Sometimes it can appear to look like we’re shoehorning players into position but it’s the modern way of managing the game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Exactly how I see it going. This tactic also suits our left sided options, as Barnes/Lookman/JJ/Castagne can go inside or out and keep any oppositions right hand side guessing as to who to track, plus Thomas is also available to be a more conservative option if we solely rely on Barnes or Lookman to provide the width in some games.

I really hope not, he's played 12 games out of 130+ games on the right. I know we don't necessarily play with traditional wingers but one of the biggest weaknesses we've had is that cohesion on the right hand side between attacker and defender both going forward and when tracking back in defence.

Given our underlying stats last season for shots conceded and a distinct lack of movement I'm concerned about us putting together a team and system that won't be suitable again. 

Maybe we'll finally go 4-3-1-2 and do away with wingers but have enough flexibility for CDK if we signed him to drift and Maddison in behind to roam too and provide that support where necessary. If we got a mobile box to box CM to replace Tielemans such as Berge, Kokcu or Kone then I could see this working much better than trying to deploy CDK on the right.

• Like 1