Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Do you think? I personally think that defensive structure and cohesion has been the strongest part for Albrighton and Perez linking up with Ricardo, in particular, and also Castagne. Lookman's defensive work rate isn't bad either. 

I think it would be foolish to do away with wingers completely, as Barnes got 25 goal + assist contributions last season - I think he'll really step it up further this season coming. I think CDK represents a good option for that right side as a straight upgrade for Perez, who suits us tactically but doesn't have the individual ability to command a starting spot. 

Last season I'm talking about. Previous seasons Perez for all his poor output going forward and Albrighton did give us that. We need that and more. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope not, he's played 12 games out of 130+ games on the right. I know we don't necessarily play with traditional wingers but one of the biggest weaknesses we've had is that cohesion on the right hand side between attacker and defender both going forward and when tracking back in defence.

Given our underlying stats last season for shots conceded and a distinct lack of movement I'm concerned about us putting together a team and system that won't be suitable again. 

Maybe we'll finally go 4-3-1-2 and do away with wingers but have enough flexibility for CDK if we signed him to drift and Maddison in behind to roam too and provide that support where necessary. If we got a mobile box to box CM to replace Tielemans such as Berge, Kokcu or Kone then I could see this working much better than trying to deploy CDK on the right.

Some really interest posts here recently. Just checking I'm on Foxes Talk. Seriously though I think one of the problems that we've had here is that we don't buy players to fit in a system. We don't really know what system is our best.

At least we seem to have settled on four at the back. This means we could play 4231 or as it seems the preferred choice 433. Ideally we could concentrate on these two systems and be happy switching between either.

I'm not so sure that we are actually looking for a right winger, Not in the traditional type anyway.

At times our 433 has looked pretty poor at creating chances. I think it's because we play a front 3 of a striker and two wingers. Barnes plays too wide in 433 in fact his position doesn't seem to change whether we play 433 or 4231.

I think Vardy plays a better left forward in a three than Barnes. When Vardy and Iheanacho played successfully together at the end of last season, Vardy tended to go to the left but not as wide as Barnes. Iheanacho could then move deeper to link and play in a more central role. That seemed to play to both of their strengths. So what I'm saying is that a front three would be better with Iheanacho central, Vardy left and someone else right. That someone could be De Ketalaere.  That would give us Vardy/Barnes left, with hopefully Barnes learning how to play that role properly from Vardy. Hopefully Iheanacho and Daka could play central with De ketalaere and maybe Maddison on the right. Who ever play in the front 3 certainly have to learn to be more central and not wingers

Hopefully we'll buy players to fit how we want to play and not buy players and wonder how the hell they fit with how we play. Vestergaard?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

He's only had a few appearances for Belgium but he's usually played on the RW for them. Seems like he's got the attributes to play in any of the attacking positions really.

Don't they play 3-4-2-1?

Some good and differing points but I still have a sense of Soumare with CDK.

A promising youngster albeit an even more exciting one but one who doesn’t obviously fit in a position that we have played all season and significantly better the starting 11 due to him potentially being played out of position to accommodate the lad.

I know I sound like a teenager playing FIFA but raw pace on the wide positions has and will always be a sought after skill set.

Could we upgrade our RW/RM first?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I know he's better on the left but surely Lookman can do that on right when we need it? If it is that we'd rather someone like CDK for that role. 

I don't know, I'm not saying it's the best strategy because we won't know unless they both sign, but I can see the logic behind it if it does happen to be the route we take, rather than get someone like Madueke etc. who's probably a bit less refined technically, but more direct and a conventional wide man. 

Rodgers has conceded Lookman is best suited on the left and is likely seen as back up on the right to a new RW being signed. Percy and others in the media have said that RW is our priority this summer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

CDK will 100% be used as an inverted right forward. 

Brendan likes players who are flexible and not necessarily tied to one position. 

You look at JJ, Castagne and Perez to name a few you wouldn’t say that they’re a one position player. Sometimes it can appear to look like we’re shoehorning players into position but it’s the modern way of managing the game. 

...Castagne wants to play one position only, that was the reason why he came!!!

JJ is better as a Left Back, the constant switching is not going to help his development, you develop instincts in your set positions, they're not going to come about if you are switching every other game. Perez has had a torrid time at this club for 90% of the time, it was argued he was in the wrong position, we are still not sure where he excels but we now know it is not on the Right Wing.

I am not a great fan of switching players to different positions, we have a bench and now more substitutes can be added, play players where they excel and play at the best that you can.

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

It is quite funny.

Yet Zlatan says that and it gets lapped up? 

Ibrahimovich has the career and achievements to back his shtick up, Lang got dropped at Ajax after disciplinary issues and sent to Belgium where hes not even been the best player at the club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Ibrahimovich has the career and achievements to back his shtick up, Lang got dropped at Ajax after disciplinary issues and sent to Belgium where hes not even been the best player at the club

Again, agreed but I’m very confident Zlatan was saying such things as a youngster too.

Bit of an odd comment and definitely a tad cringy but if he believes in himself, good luck to the lad.

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Because he can justify it, whereas Lang has had what, 2 good seasons in Belgium? lol 

I posted this already but -

Again, agreed but I’m very confident Zlatan was saying such things as a youngster too.

Bit of an odd comment and definitely a tad cringy but if he believes in himself, good luck to the lad.

On 31/05/2022 at 13:00, Ric Flair said:

Either we get better at being visionaries at this football club and the system we play evolves to suit these players or we need to recruit the best RW we can get, the best deep lying CM we can get, the best left footed CB we can get etc and stick to our best system of 4-1-4-1 / 4-2-3-1 with a high press but we did none of the above well last season and were caught in no man's land.

...this is what we should be aiming for, have an identity with our play and be strong enough to discard players that do not fit into what we are trying to achieve!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Zlatan is a generational talent, even at that age he was quite obviously something special. At his peak the only thing stopping him being recognised as the best footballer on the planet was the fact that he happened to be playing at the same time as two complete and total super human freaks that will to down as comfortably the best two players in history. 

Noa Lang is a run of the mill attacker being linked to a Leeds side that just narrowly dodged relegation. 

Exactly, there is no comparison between the two. Hilarious to suggest otherwise. 

• Like 2

For the record, I merely stated Zlatan’s bizarre/egotistical comments being adored.

Perhaps I could have used Diouf/Balotelli as a better example but my point remains - football doesn’t have enough personalities so live and let live gents.

Besides he’s a 22 year old who has represented his country in a sport we all love, so pretty sure he’s happy with how things have panned out so far - bit better than “just being linked to a nearly relegated Leeds.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Zlatan is a generational talent, even at that age he was quite obviously something special. At his peak the only thing stopping him being recognised as the best footballer on the planet was the fact that he happened to be playing at the same time as two complete and total super human freaks that will to down as comfortably the best two players in history. 

Noa Lang is a run of the mill attacker being linked to a Leeds side that just narrowly dodged relegation. 

I think I have heard Zlatan actually say this! 😄