Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Most of what he says about himself is true though. 

I’m not getting into a debate about women's football but this is what Zlatan said previously about their pay -

“Give them a bicycle with my autograph and that will be enough.”

A great footballer with a very out there personality = Zlatan but a young lad who backs himself and on the verge of signing for AC Milan is being ridiculed on Foxestalk 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Come on everyone give the guy some credit, Lang is often compared to Zlatan. In sentences such as “compared to Zlatan, Lang is shit”.

Or read all my messages and see that I stated that I may have been wrong to use Zlatan as an example but I stand with my sentiment what’s the problem with a young lad showing confidence regardless how deluded it may or may not be.

There was a reason I always used to just read on here rather than comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m not getting into a debate about women's football but this is what Zlatan said previously about their pay -

“Give them a bicycle with my autograph and that will be enough.”

A great footballer with a very out there personality = Zlatan but a young lad who backs himself and on the verge of signing for AC Milan is being ridiculed on Foxestalk 🤦🏻‍♂️

Or read all my messages and see that I stated that I may have been wrong to use Zlatan as an example but I stand with my sentiment what’s the problem with a young lad showing confidence regardless how deluded it may or may not be.

There was a reason I always used to just read on here rather than comment.

Was only joking me duck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

For the record, I merely stated Zlatan’s bizarre/egotistical comments being adored.

Perhaps I could have used Diouf/Balotelli as a better example but my point remains - football doesn’t have enough personalities so live and let live gents.

Besides he’s a 22 year old who has represented his country in a sport we all love, so pretty sure he’s happy with how things have panned out so far - bit better than “just being linked to a nearly relegated Leeds.”

But plenty of people find Zlatan cringeworthy even though he is one of the greatest players of his generation. 

Balotelli is frequently derided and EHD is near universally considered a cvnt. 

I'm not really sure what your point is really. 

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Milan taken over today 

will that provide funds for them to target CDK ?   (Sorry to take the thread back OT) 

Dont think its a question of funds as I think its pretty clear them and us will be able to fork out said 30m. It will come down to sporting project and future opportunities. This might just be me being obviously biased but there's no way Milan should be beating us to his signature. We've been after him for the better part of a year, other than the Man City campus and the new Liverpool training ground, Seagrave is pretty much as good as it gets, the Premier League will be the most prestigious league to play in for the forseeable future. Just look at some of the players that have left us in recent years and what has become of them: Kante (left for Chelsea, won the league, UCL, UEL, become a major part in France's NT); Chilwell (left for Chelsea, won the UCL, become regular in NT), Mahrez (left for Man City, 4x league winner); Tielemans is leaving us for a big club shortly after massively raising his profile thanks to playing with us; Fofana has come here and become one of the most touted names. Bottom line is: If you come to Leicester as a young player with quality and are able to showcase said quality on the pitch, you've got a bright future ahead of you. The only names I can recall leaving Milan and making something of themselves are Paqueta (currently at Lyon) and Bonucci (at Juve).

When it comes to wages its not even a question, apparently he's on like 17k/ week at Brugge. We can give him 4x or 5x of that without batting an eye while the same sort of money would represent top end wages at Milan (would put him top 5, theres no way they can do that). Youri and Castagne will probably be more than happy to tell him how brilliant life is with us, we genuinely have a very tight-knit squad, a healthy dressing room and have recent success. 

Then its also a question of game time and squad role. If he were to join us and our summer were to play out with Perez and Nacho leaving, he'd be first choice RW, 1st choice 2nd striker, 2nd choice #10, there'd be plenty of minutes for him here despite no European football. At Milan they have Giroud, Origi, Salemaekers, Diaz, Messias, Leao, Ibrahimovich (injured for like 8 months now), and are planning to bring in more attackers on top of CDK would they go for him.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Dont think its a question of funds as I think its pretty clear them and us will be able to fork out said 30m. It will come down to sporting project and future opportunities. This might just be me being obviously biased but there's no way Milan should be beating us to his signature. We've been after him for the better part of a year, other than the Man City campus and the new Liverpool training ground, Seagrave is pretty much as good as it gets, the Premier League will be the most prestigious league to play in for the forseeable future. Just look at some of the players that have left us in recent years and what has become of them: Kante (left for Chelsea, won the league, UCL, UEL, become a major part in France's NT); Chilwell (left for Chelsea, won the UCL, become regular in NT), Mahrez (left for Man City, 4x league winner); Tielemans is leaving us for a big club shortly after massively raising his profile thanks to playing with us; Fofana has come here and become one of the most touted names. Bottom line is: If you come to Leicester as a young player with quality and are able to showcase said quality on the pitch, you've got a bright future ahead of you. The only names I can recall leaving Milan and making something of themselves are Paqueta (currently at Lyon) and Bonucci (at Juve).

When it comes to wages its not even a question, apparently he's on like 17k/ week at Brugge. We can give him 4x or 5x of that without batting an eye while the same sort of money would represent top end wages at Milan (would put him top 5, theres no way they can do that). Youri and Castagne will probably be more than happy to tell him how brilliant life is with us, we genuinely have a very tight-knit squad, a healthy dressing room and have recent success. 

Then its also a question of game time and squad role. If he were to join us and our summer were to play out with Perez and Nacho leaving, he'd be first choice RW, 1st choice 2nd striker, 2nd choice #10, there'd be plenty of minutes for him here despite no European football. At Milan they have Giroud, Origi, Salemaekers, Diaz, Messias, Leao, Ibrahimovich (injured for like 8 months now), and are planning to bring in more attackers on top of CDK would they go for him.

This is very biased, yes. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Who the feck is Noa Lang

He’s a 20M-rated winger with a big, big mouth.  He’s a legit talent and only 22, but I’d be worried about that ego.

Leeds seems to be pretty spendy-minded this summer.  25 million or so on Aaronson and linked to Lang and Adams, both of whom would be in the 20M range.  You wonder if they’re factoring in a sale of Phillips (to MC?) or Raphinia (to Barca).  Either would be big money (45-50M or so) but they’re reportedly keen to keep both players.  And Barca’s finances are so cattywampus I don’t see how they make that happen.

9 minutes ago, Hales said:

Charles seems to be hanging around (playing cards etc.) with Youri, Timmy and Dennis on international duty 🤔 - agents at work, although probably not Dennis 😆

Bloody Dennis!.. he's a menace!!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Hales said:

Charles seems to be hanging around (playing cards etc.) with Youri, Timmy and Dennis on international duty 🤔 - agents at work, although probably not Dennis 😆

You reap what you sow.  Players talk to each other, especially international teammates from relatively small countries - screw them over and it always has the potential to impact your recruitment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

You reap what you sow.  Players talk to each other, especially international teammates from relatively small countries - screw them over and it always has the potential to impact your recruitment.

Who got screwed over? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hales said:

wheres that from :D

35 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

.....the equivalent of having your ex-wives having lunch together, no good can come of it!!!

With rumours of Castagne looking to move on, Tielemans trying to engineer his way out of the club and Praet not keen to go out on loan to Torino, Not sure there is going to be much positivity coming out of this.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....the equivalent of having your ex-wives having lunch together, no good can come of it!!!

With rumours of Castagne looking to move on, Tielemans trying to engineer his way out of the club and Praet not keen to go out on loan to Torino, Not sure there is going to be much positivity coming out of this.

way to be a negative nancy

Tielemans has us to thank for the profile hes built over the last 3 years.

Castagne has gone from being a squad player at Atalanta and getting few minutes to being a key player for us who's also gone on to be an FA Cup winner.

Praet is Praet.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

way to be a negative nancy

Tielemans has us to thank for the profile hes built over the last 3 years.

Castagne has gone from being a squad player at Atalanta and getting few minutes to being a key player for us who's also gone on to be an FA Cup winner.

Praet is Praet.

I've never heard about Castagne wanting to move on. Our full backs are our strongest position and the one area we don't really need to look at improving. We'd be mad to get rid.

I think some people read the metro, mail and Leicester mercury and think Fabrizi writes their articles or something.

There have certainly been rumors that Castagne wanted to move - true or not, who knows.  As for why he might be unhappy (aside from a close friend getting hosed by the manager), perhaps he feels Rodgers is playing him out of position (shocking, I know) too often - though you would have to hope with Ricardo already here that topic was broached at the time we signed him.

As for his being a “squad player” at Atalanta, that’s provably absurd simply by looking at the numbers, so anyone making that argument is clearly uninformed where Castagne is concerned. 

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

There have certainly been rumors that Castagne wanted to move - true or not, who knows.  As for why he might be unhappy (aside from a close friend getting hosed by the manager), perhaps he feels Rodgers is playing him out of position (shocking, I know) too often - though you would have to hope with Ricardo already here that topic was broached at the time we signed him.

As for his being a “squad player” at Atalanta, that’s provably absurd simply by looking at the numbers, so anyone making that argument is clearly uninformed where Castagne is concerned. 

How can you say on one hand look at the numbers from Atalanta and anyone who is making an argument is clearly uninformed, and on the other hand he feels unhappy that Rodgers is playing him out of position?

Look at his stats at both clubs for playing left back and right back? Then come back and tell me what you notice? 
As for being upset his friend got hosed - I’m guessing by your previous post this means screws over?

That’s simply not the case, Praet, whilst a very good player, when everyone is fit simply isn’t in our strongest XI, Praet obviously wanted to play every week, fair enough. If Rodgers wanted to screw him over, he could have refused to play him or let him have the loan move he wanted. He didn’t, I am guessing here, but it looks from the outside like both parties were honest with each other about what they wanted/needed and a solution was found that was a win for both parties - this isn’t screwing someone over - see players who are left to rot in the reserves at some clubs.

I know you have your agenda against BR, but some of your assertions are plain ridiculous with no evidence to support them.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

How can you say on one hand look at the numbers from Atalanta and anyone who is making an argument is clearly uninformed, and on the other hand he feels unhappy that Rodgers is playing him out of position?

Look at his stats at both clubs for playing left back and right back? Then come back and tell me what you notice? 
As for being upset his friend got hosed - I’m guessing by your previous post this means screws over?

That’s simply not the case, Praet, whilst a very good player, when everyone is fit simply isn’t in our strongest XI, Praet obviously wanted to play every week, fair enough. If Rodgers wanted to screw him over, he could have refused to play him or let him have the loan move he wanted. He didn’t, I am guessing here, but it looks from the outside like both parties were honest with each other about what they wanted/needed and a solution was found that was a win for both parties - this isn’t screwing someone over - see players who are left to rot in the reserves at some clubs.

I know you have your agenda against BR, but some of your assertions are plain ridiculous with no evidence to support them.

If you don’t at the very least think Praet believes he got screwed - even if you think he didn’t - you’re kidding yourself.  You’re letting your dislike of the player cloud your perception of reality.  And in the context of the Belgians’ intereactions regarding the club, what they believe is all that matters.  Whose side do you think one of them will take if their close buddy and the manager have different views of how things wert down?

As for Castagne at Atalanta, it couldn’t be more cut and dry.  He played about 2000 minutes a season with a few short-term injury absences mixed in.  That’s factually not, by any interpretation, a squad player.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's some cope in here about AC Milan. 3/4 years ago yes I get the argument because they're having a crap phase. They've just won the league. They're a pot 1 Champions League side. This isn't some piss pot nobody, it's a massive club that looks like it might've got its act together. If they're seriously in for him I don't see him coming here.