Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There's some cope in here about AC Milan. 3/4 years ago yes I get the argument because they're having a crap phase. They've just won the league. They're a pot 1 Champions League side. This isn't some piss pot nobody, it's a massive club that looks like it might've got its act together. If they're seriously in for him I don't see him coming here.

Redbird Capital have just bought Milan for $1.3Bn so they have a few Euros to throw about also.

He appears a good player but as you say can’t see us winning an auction with them. Also the rumoured €40m would likely be most of our budget this summer so I think there is a small chance of us doing this deal.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There's some cope in here about AC Milan. 3/4 years ago yes I get the argument because they're having a crap phase. They've just won the league. They're a pot 1 Champions League side. This isn't some piss pot nobody, it's a massive club that looks like it might've got its act together. If they're seriously in for him I don't see him coming here.

However you choose the dress it up, Italian football doesn’t offer the same career progressions as English football does. CDK is surrounded by Leicester players in that Belgium squad, and if Youri is talking about moves away to bigger sides he will notice this.

Just look at where some of our signings have ended up. All of our better players have moved on to bigger teams for huge fees. This won’t go unnoticed… it seems the top Italian clubs are having somewhat of a resurgence, but…… they still are more of a stagnant club that a premier league one is.

We can definitely nudge out AC. They can offer CL football, but CDK will know that if he comes to us, in a few years time he could be at one of footballs super powers. 

Some players fall for the lure of a name like AC Milan. But others see the bigger picture, and from what I’ve read about him, CDK definitely seems like a forward thinking lad. 

He will end up here. 

• Like 3

C'mon timmy, youry & denny - tell Charles about the tough training sessions. The grit, the sweat, the endless hours wishing you never signed up. 

Then tell Charles about the indoor heated pool, the sauna, steam room and golf course. Oh and your own free room with 5* Michelin room service. 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hmm. Couple of things, just playing devil's advocate really more than openly disagreeing with you:

1. We don't yet know how sensible their new owners are going to be with money, how self sustaining they'll want the club to be, what sort of cash they're going to throw around on transfers and wages etc. It's quite possible, purely by virtue of being a solid Premier League side, we'll be able to outbid and out spend them even with Champions League football this year. They've had a very recent past of financial insecurity and their owners have been vocal about steadying the ship and not living outside their means. Winning the league and immediately spuffing loads on big signings might not be smart. 

2. The Premier League is increasingly becoming more and more powerful relative to other leagues in Europe. Yes, players want to play in the glamour of the Champions League but increasingly they're wanting to come to the Prem. It's the most watched league in the world, there's fans all over the planet, there's enormous potential for endorsements, there's lucrative contracts from even the smaller clubs. It's a massive draw. We've seen players that were linked to giant European clubs come to all sorts of Premier League teams that we consider tinpot. 

We just absolutely cannot say for certain that if Milan and Leicester are both interested then he's definitely going there. That's without considering what we'd both promise him in terms of playing time and development and what sort of character he is. 

• Like 2

Me when we originally linked: it’s a definite no from me, he looks too tall, slow and I’m not sure where he fits into the team.

Me when Milan were linked: we need to go all out to sign this kid, he’s the future and we can send out a strong message to the footballing world by pipping the Serie A champions to his signature.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We've seen players that were linked to giant European clubs come to all sorts of Premier League teams that we consider tinpot. 

Exactly. Look at Aston Villa or Newcastle. Kamara, Coutinho, Guimares, they all had the opportunity to play UCL football with their respective clubs in France or move to a Spanish club and play European football there. But they opted to come to the Premier League because of money and the "glamour" of playing in England

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

However you choose the dress it up, Italian football doesn’t offer the same career progressions as English football does. CDK is surrounded by Leicester players in that Belgium squad, and if Youri is talking about moves away to bigger sides he will notice this.

Just look at where some of our signings have ended up. All of our better players have moved on to bigger teams for huge fees. This won’t go unnoticed… it seems the top Italian clubs are having somewhat of a resurgence, but…… they still are more of a stagnant club that a premier league one is.

We can definitely nudge out AC. They can offer CL football, but CDK will know that if he comes to us, in a few years time he could be at one of footballs super powers. 

Some players fall for the lure of a name like AC Milan. But others see the bigger picture, and from what I’ve read about him, CDK definitely seems like a forward thinking lad. 

He will end up here. 

For most of us on here, AC Milan was THE major european super power growing up, from the late 80s to the mid 2000s they won 5 european cups. They also just won the Serie A, as a club in terms of prestige they are probably only matched by Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea in the PL at the moment, theyre definitely more attractive than Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United as those dont look like winning many trophies any time soon. 

Personally i cant see why any player would use us as a stepping stone when they could go straight to a European giant instead, we're not a guaranteed path to being a successful player at the top PL clubs, look at maguire at united and tielemans now who at best is making a move to Arsenal who are many levels below AC milan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

For most of us on here, AC Milan was THE major european super power growing up, from the late 80s to the mid 2000s they won 5 european cups. They also just won the Serie A, as a club in terms of prestige they are probably only matched by Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea in the PL at the moment, theyre definitely more attractive than Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United as those dont look like winning many trophies any time soon. 

Personally i cant see why any player would use us as a stepping stone when they could go straight to a European giant instead, we're not a guaranteed path to being a successful player at the top PL clubs, look at maguire at united and tielemans now who at best is making a move to Arsenal who are many levels below AC milan.

You said it, they were the European powerhouse.

Theyre a European giant in the same way Arsenal or Spurs are big clubs in the Premier League. They're nowhere near the level required to go far in the UCL. As soon as they meet Bayern, Madrid, Atletico, City, PSG or even Barca they'd falter. 

If, according to you, AC Milan are so much more attractive than Premier League clubs right now, how come players are still choosing to play in the Premier League, even without European football, when theyve had offers from other European "giants" with European football?

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He will end up here. 

Everything you say is true, but AC Milan literally could become one of those sides you're talking about. Italian football is behind English there's no doubt about that but these things aren't set in stone forever. AC Milan have by all accounts gotten their act together a bit, they've become a smart side in their recruitment a little bit like Liverpool. Combine that with the allure of a name like AC Milan, a ground like that. I just think while not all that long ago we'd beat them to a player (Fofana) these reasons are evaporating a bit. A club like that is never that far from being genuinely powerful again.

You could be right and I could be wrong but I'm not convinced. They're a massive club and Italian champions as well now.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

You said it, they were the European powerhouse.

Theyre a European giant in the same way Arsenal or Spurs are big clubs in the Premier League. They're nowhere near the level required to go far in the UCL. As soon as they meet Bayern, Madrid, Atletico, City, PSG or even Barca they'd falter. 

If, according to you, AC Milan are so much more attractive than Premier League clubs right now, how come players are still choosing to play in the Premier League, even without European football, when theyve had offers from other European "giants" with European football?

They just won the league title, AC milan havent been particularly attractive in recent years but with their history it doesnt take much for them to instantly rise up to the level of those teams that you stated.

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

You’ve got the nail on the head in your first paragraph. AC Milan WERE a super power. They’re not anymore. Italian football is not what is was in the 90’s. It’s very much a graveyard for washed up players, misguided players and South American wonder kids (oddly). Juve and Napoli were the only power houses until Inter and AC stepped up a little bit. 

However, AC Milan are not a European giant, so CDK, is much better coming to us, and then going to a proper European giant, like Real Madrid, Man City or PSG…..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

How can you say on one hand look at the numbers from Atalanta and anyone who is making an argument is clearly uninformed, and on the other hand he feels unhappy that Rodgers is playing him out of position?

Look at his stats at both clubs for playing left back and right back? Then come back and tell me what you notice? 
As for being upset his friend got hosed - I’m guessing by your previous post this means screws over?

That’s simply not the case, Praet, whilst a very good player, when everyone is fit simply isn’t in our strongest XI, Praet obviously wanted to play every week, fair enough. If Rodgers wanted to screw him over, he could have refused to play him or let him have the loan move he wanted. He didn’t, I am guessing here, but it looks from the outside like both parties were honest with each other about what they wanted/needed and a solution was found that was a win for both parties - this isn’t screwing someone over - see players who are left to rot in the reserves at some clubs.

I know you have your agenda against BR, but some of your assertions are plain ridiculous with no evidence to support them.

9 hours ago, Nick said:

You’ve no idea what Praet thinks or believes? 

I think that interview he did, showed us all what he thinks, no?  He felt he was unfairly not chosen over out of form players when he returned from injury ( Assumed that he was talking about Maddison and perez) and he had a fair point as those 2 were absolute cabbage during that period and Praet didnt get a look in. Which was odd because pre-injury Brendan seemed to rate him 

Who knows what they would say about us but id imagine on the most part it would be positive.... unless Praet is really vindictive 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You’ve got the nail on the head in your first paragraph. AC Milan WERE a super power. They’re not anymore. Italian football is not what is was in the 90’s. It’s very much a graveyard for washed up players, misguided players and South American wonder kids (oddly). Juve and Napoli were the only power houses until Inter and AC stepped up a little bit. 

However, AC Milan are not a European giant, so CDK, is much better coming to us, and then going to a proper European giant, like Real Madrid, Man City or PSG…..

Pretty much. Can anyone recall any talented youngster moving to the Serie A recently before moving to a European Giant and tearing it up? Other than maybe Kulusevski (Im trying my hardest not to laugh when calling Spurs a European giant), I can't.

It's not only a graveyard for washed up players such as Smalling or Sanchez, its also a graveyard for talent. Look at what happened with the likes of Dybala - had a promising career ahead of him after moving from Palermo and is now stuck in Italy and moving from one Italian top club to another after it hasnt worked out.

Edited by LFox99
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Pretty much. Can anyone recall any talented youngster moving to the Serie A recently before moving to a European Giant and tearing it up? Other than maybe Kulusevski (Im trying my hardest not to laugh when calling Spurs a European giant), I can't.

It's not only a graveyard for washed up players such as Smalling or Sanchez, its also a graveyard for talent. Look at what happened with the likes of Dybala - had a promising career ahead of him after moving from Palermo and is now stuck in Italy and moving from one Italian top club to another after it hasnt worked out.

"Stuck" at Juventus and Inter Milan? lol

Look, I know I've just acknowledged that the Premier League is a vast power in European football but let's not go overboard. 

Most professional footballers would kill for Dybala's career. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"Stuck" at Juventus and Inter Milan? lol

Look, I know I've just acknowledged that the Premier League is a vast power in European football but let's not go overboard. 

Most professional footballers would kill for Dybala's career. 

I mean, am I wrong? Juventus have been a laughing stock in the UCL for pretty much the last 20 years. Yeah theyve won league titles, but so have Bayern while also bagging three UCLs

image.png

11 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Salah did alright moving from Italy.

And Lukaku, his international teammate wants to go back to Inter after a £100mill move from Serie A last year...

The famous youngster Lukaku for whom it's been so brilliant in the Prem this season!

• Haha 1

People saying whatever about Juventus, but you're going to them over us aren't you? What I'm saying now is that Milan have had a bit of a resurgence. They've become clever in their recruitment. They've been buying players a bit like De Ketelaere.

Milan of 2018 I'd agree and I'd probably back us to get a player over that. Not sure about now though.

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Lol don’t be that guy. 

There are loads of players that fit that criteria. Don’t forget that we had 4 opportunities to beat their teams this season and we couldn’t do it.

You couldn’t pay me to watch their games on the regular but to totally dismiss their league and Milan is foolish.