Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

On 03/06/2022 at 23:52, EnderbyFox said:

Charles Aranguiz name still gives me PTSD 

Choosing Leverkusen over us will probably give him PTSD when he retires. I think it's fair to say that we had the last laugh. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Choosing Leverkusen over us will probably give him PTSD when he retires. I think it's fair to say that we had the last laugh. 

Wasnt he an alternative to kante? If he signs for us we dont achieve anything without kante imo

19 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Wasnt he an alternative to kante? If he signs for us we dont achieve anything without kante imo

I thought that Inler was the alternative to Aranguiz? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Claudio wanted Mendy and Inler, and Walsh wanted Aranguiz and Kante. 

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Jordan Veretout. City and Villa both agreed a deal with Nantes for £8m and the decision was left to the player.

He chose Villa who were relegated. We instead signed N'Golo and rest is history. 

What a terrible decision, I had forgotten about that transfer. I'm sure there is many more who have made similar poor choices when signing for other clubs instead of us. Would make an interesting thread actually. 

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

What a terrible decision, I had forgotten about that transfer. I'm sure there is many more who have made similar poor choices when signing for other clubs instead of us. Would make an interesting thread actually. 

...yeah, we should call it "Sliding Doors"...!!!

8 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It was just another one of those stars that aligned. Incredible how the story unfolded. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 08:59, Sly said:

Coutinho

Castagne

Cancelo

Pedro Neto

Allison

Jorginho

Rudiger

Salah

Marcos Alonso

More misses than hits but some definite success. 

The league isn’t played at the same intensity, as the climate doesn’t allow it. So a slower game suits certain players that aren’t as athletic but technically sound. Ghezzel was a great example of this. 

Look at players going the other way and you’ll see. 

Lukaku, Pogba, Cuadrado, Suso, Luis Alberto, Shevchenko, Higuain, Sczecsny. 

Even compared to the Bundasliga, the likes of Ribery went to Italy for a retirement cheque. It isn’t the special force it once was. 

Certain leagues suit certain players and you'll never know until they play in said league. Every league has hits just as they have flops. Just look at Messi.

Point being, you can't judge a player from the league they play in and unless you're looking at the likes of Ronaldo and Mbappe, every play is a risk and it baffles me how people assume going to a certain league is a bad career decision. Annoys me even.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Jordan Veretout. City and Villa both agreed a deal with Nantes for £8m and the decision was left to the player.

He chose Villa who were relegated. We instead signed N'Golo and rest is history. 

It was tactics Tim wot swung it!

https://i.imgur.com/mnyvfC2.gifv

Edited by Wolfox
Totally defeated by posting gif :-(

Noa #Lang is very close to #Milan : five-year agreement reached with the player at ca. € 3M / year.

With #ClubBrugge you can close at approx. € 20M. The dutch attacker strongly wants Milan

Surely with potentially Berardi coming in as well this all would severely limit CDKs minutes at Milan?

Edited by LFox99

48 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Noa #Lang is very close to #Milan : five-year agreement reached with the player at ca. € 3M / year.

With #ClubBrugge you can close at approx. € 20M. The dutch attacker strongly wants Milan

Surely with potentially Berardi coming in as well this all would severely limit CDKs minutes at Milan?

A few Serie A clubs are looking at Berardi, I wouldn’t bank on Berardi going to Milan just yet.

On 06/01/2022 at 18:56, LFox99 said:

image.png.9f4fa458ec605c2327c970bc9a863c7b.png

Belgian sports journo, followed by Fabrizio

Tinfoil hat time: We're not hearing any more news about this from our side because its a done deal

Wish I could just fast forward about 2-3 weeks because boredom is killing me

14 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Tinfoil hat time: We're not hearing any more news about this from our side because its a done deal

Wish I could just fast forward about 2-3 weeks because boredom is killing me

Chatter between Milan and CDK signing has gone down over recent days. If the select few are to be true then we've already done a pre agreement 🤝 with him and Brugges.

Hope he is not this year's Madueke. The main question is , he has never played at our level of intensity and that has caused problems for Soumaré who don't forget was a starter for the French champions.

23 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Not a question.

Pardon my grammatical faux pas. Should have added "can he do better?. Seriously though it is a big step up from the Belgian League. If he comes I want to see him get stuck in even if he picks up a few cards . We need attitude.

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Just a reminder of what he's like, for those (like me) who need a refresh:

For someone who doesn't really play RW, he easily could. Seems to enjoy drifting out to that side.

Really keen for this one to happen.

46 minutes ago, LVocey said:

For someone who doesn't really play RW, he easily could. Seems to enjoy drifting out to that side.

Really keen for this one to happen.

Same which usually means it won’t lol e.g Aranguiz 

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Just a reminder of what he's like, for those (like me) who need a refresh:

What’s impressive about a lot of those highlights are that he’s doing it against Man City and PSG. He looks class. Glides by players.