Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

7 hours ago, woznotwos said:

Other sites are suggesting we have been ruled out and that he wants Champions League Football. 

Are those sites and sources Italian by any chance?

ABraeckman (the pretty reliable Belgian journo) said a while ago that us not getting European football doesnt change anything and that CDK is a massive fan of playing in the Premier League.

Champions league football isn't some rare holy grail these days, you can get it in Belgium, Switzerland or even Norway. It only gets interesting when the team you're joining has a realistic chance of winning it and unless you happen to join Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG you're out of luck.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Just a reminder of what he's like, for those (like me) who need a refresh:

All those cutbacks, round the corner passes and headers to keep the counter alive, Vards must be salivating while watching this

48 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

ABraeckman (the pretty reliable Belgian journo) said a while ago that us not getting European football doesnt change anything and that CDK is a massive fan of playing in the Premier League.

Champions league football isn't some rare holy grail these days, you can get it in Belgium, Switzerland or even Norway. It only gets interesting when the team you're joining has a realistic chance of winning it and unless you happen to join Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG you're out of luck.

Man City? Really? :P

Just now, PhillippaT said:

Man City? Really? :P

I mean yeah, especially now theyve gone and bought themselves an actual striker who supposedly isnt all that bad at football.

They'd have been in this years final if not for Madrid's magic, they came back against PSG and made them look silly, last year they were in the final and only lost because Pep couldnt help himself but to play no DM

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

We're not a guaranteed stepping stone to any of those clubs. For comparison Tielemans looks like he's not going to be able to get a transfer from us to any champions league clubs despite having far more ability than de ketelaere.

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We're not a guaranteed stepping stone to any of those clubs. For comparison Tielemans looks like he's not going to be able to get a transfer from us to any champions league clubs despite having far more ability than de ketelaere.

No club is a guaranteed stepping stone to anywhere if the player doesnt put in the performances.

If you do however put in performances, then playing in the Premier League is the most likely and easiest way of getting recognized by said top clubs.

Just now, MalletFox said:

Is he any good at penos do we know? 👀 

Dont think anyone would know seeing how he doesnt take any.

Just thinking what our penalty hierarchy would look like with Youri gone. Vardy -> Iheanacho -> Madders?

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Dont think anyone would know seeing how he doesnt take any.

Just thinking what our penalty hierarchy would look like with Youri gone. Vardy -> Iheanacho -> Madders?

Yeah, I was more focusing on the Bass Charity Vase trophy. Couldn’t care less if he takes any once the season starts proper!

4 hours ago, LFox99 said:

The come on leicester mobile app , i have no idea if it is very credible or not, but that and Italian yes. Maybe they have took it from those sources.

Just now, woznotwos said:

The come on leicester mobile app , i have no idea if it is very credible or not, but that and Italian yes. Maybe they have took it from those sources.

Mhhh, I'd genuinely not trust any sources bar Braeckman or Terreur (when its about Belgians), our club mouthpieces Percy and Tanner and maybe Fabrizio on any of our transfer dealings.

Even the supposed high tier sources in Italy like Di Marzio are spouting a lot of dross in recent years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I mean yeah, especially now theyve gone and bought themselves an actual striker who supposedly isnt all that bad at football.

They'd have been in this years final if not for Madrid's magic, they came back against PSG and made them look silly, last year they were in the final and only lost because Pep couldnt help himself but to play no DM

It'd be funny if they still can't win it, though :P :D 

19 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Or the King Power shield against OH Leuven.

Two wins there and the Bass Vase and he could overtake Harry Kane’s medal haul.

On 03/06/2022 at 10:33, Pliskin said:

and from what I’ve read about him, CDK definitely seems like a forward thinking lad. 

I decided to read up a bit on him and personality-wise he seems a perfect fit for our squad. He still lives at his mothers in Belgium, was studying law until he became a full-time senior player at Club Brugge and only dropped out once he had security and apparently doesn't go to his local bakery anymore out of shyness because people started recognizing him and asked for autographs. 

He will definitely think long-term before making any decision. According to a Belgian journo it shouldn't be long after the internationals that we get news.

• Like 1

The choice for CDK will mostly come down, as it usually does for guys at his level, of virtually guaranteed first-team status at a club like ours or fighting for appearances at a glamor club like AC Milan.  Unfortunately us bolloxing first CL and now Europe altogether makes our case a lot weaker.  The sad fact is when it comes to signees they don’t give a rat’s ass about the FA Cup but they care a whole lot about European football.

Edited by Deeg67

5 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I decided to read up a bit on him and personality-wise he seems a perfect fit for our squad. He still lives at his mothers in Belgium, was studying law until he became a full-time senior player at Club Brugge and only dropped out once he had security and apparently doesn't go to his local bakery anymore out of shyness because people started recognizing him and asked for autographs. 

He will definitely think long-term before making any decision. According to a Belgian journo it shouldn't be long after the internationals that we get news.

That actually worries me, how will he be away from home for the 1st time . Soumare has already said that he was an introvert and that has not helped him settle .

Plus I was hoping we would sign some dickheads as we have to many nice guys .😅

5 hours ago, LFox99 said:

KDH still lives with his mum and is moving out so he can move in there. I hear they call Brugge ‘the Shepshed of Belgium’ so I think all will be fine.

• Haha 2