Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

I don’t know. He’s a great talent, for sure. But I don’t know where he plays in our side. I read he’s not a winger but is left footed. I read he’s a forward that can play anywhere across a front three. I read he’s an 8 and a Youri replacement but his best position is further forward. I read he’s a 10 and a Maddison replacement or a second striker in a 2. 

The above said, I can see how he fits in up top on the right if we play a 433. But where does he fit in to our 4141 formations and our 4231. Genuine question, just would like to know peoples thoughts as I haven’t watched much of the player barring the odd highlights reel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

I don’t know. He’s a great talent, for sure. But I don’t know where he plays in our side. I read he’s not a winger but is left footed. I read he’s a forward that can play anywhere across a front three. I read he’s an 8 and a Youri replacement but his best position is further forward. I read he’s a 10 and a Maddison replacement or a second striker in a 2. 

The above said, I can see how he fits in up top on the right if we play a 433. But where does he fit in to our 4141 formations and our 4231. Genuine question, just would like to know peoples thoughts as I haven’t watched much of the player barring the odd highlights reel.

He would be seen as a replacement for iheanacho with the flexibility to play either wing if needed, so I was told. Plan is to play 4231 mainly. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

That's my exact thoughts on him. You nailed it word for word. 

I just don't see were he fits. Further to that, if we were going to sign another forward (I'm like you, I don't know much about him but hear he likes playing up top) surely it doesn't make sense to add a fourth striker who can't play up front by himself. We have two already yet we generally play with one striker. 

Ofcourse, Brendan can be planning for a complete change of system where he fits but as it stands, I don't see it regardless of how talented he looks. 

Edited by Scotch
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

We are definitely trying to get him btw it isn’t just a dodgy rumour, soyuncu and iheanacho very very likely to leave 

I wonder what we would get for Nacho?

Just now, Nick said:

I wonder what we would get for Nacho?

Not sure, wasn’t told who he’d likely go to or for how much just know the club would rather try and get someone else in his position who offers a few attributes Kel can’t.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not sure, wasn’t told who he’d likely go to or for how much just know the club would rather try and get someone else in his position who offers a few attributes Kel can’t.

Should get a good whack for nacho as he’s got couple years left on his contract hasn’t he? Hope he goes abroad and smashed it. 

38 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He would be seen as a replacement for iheanacho with the flexibility to play either wing if needed, so I was told. Plan is to play 4231 mainly. 

Don't see that we need a replacement for Nacho. Why replace a player who doesn't fit our preferred systems with an even more expensive one who doesn't? Or am I missing something? Unless this guy is very effective playing on the right wing, we're going to spend around £40m and yet still end up having to play Sharky on the right regularly. 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Don't see that we need a replacement for Nacho. Why replace a player who doesn't fit our preferred systems with an even more expensive one who doesn't? Or am I missing something? Unless this guy is very effective playing on the right wing, we're going to spend around £40m and yet still end up having to play Sharky on the right regularly. 

Because he can play in multiple positions, but Brendan wants him behind the striker mainly. We are after a right winger and CDK not just CDK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Because he can play in multiple positions, but Brendan wants him behind the striker mainly. We are after a right winger and CDK not just CDK.

Would it be CDK or Maddison or both could play together behind Vardy/daka

51 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I can see Nacho ending up at Newcastle which would be a shame.

...Eddie Howe would have to do something extraordinary next season in order to still be in that role, and even then it will be a double edged sword!!!

A very successful Newcastle with money to spend could be tempting to a Coach such as Naglesman who would relish the chance to go up against Klopp and Pep in this league. 

It was an opportunity that Howe could not resist taking on, but I think he is going to be there, every game, waiting to be shot at.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

But we have Maddison behind the striker, don't we? Can we afford to spend so much on a player who would be back up to Maddison as a No 10, or play as a second striker (which we don't really need). Unless we think he can play as a starter as an 8, then I'm still not sure I get this transfer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

....does that mean we are going to go back to the Premier League winning formation being 4-4-1-1..!!!

If we are looking for a RW then we will have Barnes on the left. The thought is that we look to have Maddison behind the striker but that would have to be sacrificed.  We could then have CDK behind a striker and also filling in the midfield, when we are out of possession. We can then bring Daka up to speed, sharing the load with Vardy and eventually becoming the main striker down the line.

Ir could just play to everyone's strengths and work.

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....does that mean we are going to go back to the Premier League winning formation being 4-4-1-1..!!!

If we are looking for a RW then we will have Barnes on the left. The thought is that we look to have Maddison behind the striker but that would have to be sacrificed.  We could then have CDK behind a striker and also filling in the midfield, when we are out of possession. We can then bring Daka up to speed, sharing the load with Vardy and eventually becoming the main striker down the line.

Ir could just play to everyone's strengths and work.

It just means we have flexible options, we all know what formation Brendan prefers. 

36 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

But we have Maddison behind the striker, don't we? Can we afford to spend so much on a player who would be back up to Maddison as a No 10, or play as a second striker (which we don't really need). Unless we think he can play as a starter as an 8, then I'm still not sure I get this transfer. 

He’ll start for sure but brought into the team slowly, remember our best transfers are to do with continuity and with hope we can develop the player similar to fofana and demand top dollar if we come to sell him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Eddie Howe would have to do something extraordinary next season in order to still be in that role, and even then it will be a double edged sword!!!

A very successful Newcastle with money to spend could be tempting to a Coach such as Naglesman who would relish the chance to go up against Klopp and Pep in this league. 

It was an opportunity that Howe could not resist taking on, but I think he is going to be there, every game, waiting to be shot at.

Extraordinary like taking Joelinton, a joke of a striker and turning him into a robust and effective midfielder who's among the first names on the teams sheet. Or extraordinary like taking a side in the relegation zone, making a few ordinary looking signings and catapulting them up the league with form only bested by a number of the elite?

Or has he got to turn water into wine?

Cos making Joelinton look a player trumps that for me.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

CDK plays as a sort of creative striker, pretty much the role Kele has right now. The difference is that CDK is much more gifted technically, does a lot of work defensively (which Brendan will love), and can/ will play out wide in a 433 for example. It says striker on the tin but I remember seeing his heatmaps somewhere and they resembled the one of a winger rather than a 10 or ST.

I could see us go for an attack of Barnes-Vardy-CDK with a midfield of KDH-Ndidi-Maddison. The situation on the right would be pretty intriguing, CDK would cut in on his left, Ricardo would bomb on on the overlap and Maddison could then make use of all the space thats left behind by CDK and Ricardo dragging the defense out of shape. If done right this should create an overload with Barnes completely free on the left. It wouldn't be too disimilar from what Man City have been doing for a couple of years now where they have Foden, Grealish, Bernardo, Cancelo all push down the left, leaving Mahrez and KDB (to a lesser degree) in acres of space when he receives the ball which allows him to drive into the box and take on a shot a lot of the time.

This is exactly what I think. Issue you have then is Madders. Unless Brendan plays this;

Barnes              Vardy             CDK

Maddison

N’Didi                      KDH 

• Like 4