Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is exactly what I think. Issue you have then is Madders. Unless Brendan plays this;

Barnes              Vardy             CDK

Maddison

N’Didi                      KDH 

Think the midfield would be a bit light in this configuration, could see it being KDH and Madders both as 8s with Ndidi as a single pivot behind him, the role he was so good at before his dip in form

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Think the midfield would be a bit light in this configuration, could see it being KDH and Madders both as 8s with Ndidi as a single pivot behind him, the role he was so good at before his dip in form

Yea, N’didi likes to sit in that hole himself to be fair, that’s when he is at his best. We could then potentially look at Eriksen on a free to have an extra option in midfield. Maddison can play a free role and KDH can be that box to box busy body. 

I’d be intrigued to see how that would work….. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Yea, N’didi likes to sit in that hole himself to be fair, that’s when he is at his best. We could then potentially look at Eriksen on a free to have an extra option in midfield. Maddison can play a free role and KDH can be that box to box busy body. 

I’d be intrigued to see how that would work….. 

It would also leave us in an interesting position recruitment-wise. With said 433 becoming our main starting XI, we'd only really need to sign CMs for cover and not starters (even though Id like this to be the case) especially with no Europe and a limited number of games.

Best case Callum Wright blows everyone away in pre-season and we get ourselves a gifted CM for free for the 2nd year running. 
Think the Eriksen ship has sailed, he won't want to be just an option, he'll want to play as much as possible and he can get that at Brentford and Spurs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Because he can play in multiple positions, but Brendan wants him behind the striker mainly. We are after a right winger and CDK not just CDK.

CDK to replace Perez, I’d imagine.

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

CDK to replace Perez, I’d imagine.

And Iheanacho as well. Don't get me wrong, I really like Kele, but I just feel like his stint with us has run its course. With CDK potentially coming in, Kele could seriously see his minutes being limited whenever we do actually play with 2 strikers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

One of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read. 

How much was Daka? £30m? If we got £30m for him taking into account he's hardly set the world on fire with us it's certainly not the most ridiculous things ever. 

Having said that I disagree with the OP and I wouldn't sell him.

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Are there any actual rumour links between him and LCFC?

Plenty in the previous 34 pages, yes.
image.thumb.png.b725ed3d9c59d6fed1704be0380e3cdb.pngimage.thumb.png.9beb9f555b773dad15249a32a45a2425.pngimage.png.e2a4e8c59f1c9773be4f1733ec959459.pngimage.png.67f53a2ec205887ab20fa80ca21f9f46.png

These were the main ones, as well as a mention by Percy in the Telegraph to basically confirm its not bollocks.

• Like 3

Just now, Collymore said:

How much was Daka? £30m? If we got £30m for him taking into account he's hardly set the world on fire with us it's certainly not the most ridiculous things ever. 

£22m for Daka

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57662332

We would then basically have to sign another "9"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Not to mention it'd be a horrific decision tactically. Daka is our succession plan for Vardy, getting rid of him and then being left with an ageing Vardy and two players who aren't out and out strikers would be silly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Eddie Howe would have to do something extraordinary next season in order to still be in that role, and even then it will be a double edged sword!!!

A very successful Newcastle with money to spend could be tempting to a Coach such as Naglesman who would relish the chance to go up against Klopp and Pep in this league. 

It was an opportunity that Howe could not resist taking on, but I think he is going to be there, every game, waiting to be shot at.

Nagelsmann specifically has the job of his life at Bayern. He's supported them since he was a boy. I think Nagelsmann will be at Bayern for the considerably long term, unless something drastic happens like getting knocked out of the CL group stages in successive seasons or dropping out of the CL places in the league.

I understand the point, though. If any big name coach flutters their eyelashes at Newcastle in the near future, they'll ditch Howe on the premise that he can't fulfill their ambitions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Not to mention it'd be a horrific decision tactically. Daka is our succession plan for Vardy, getting rid of him and then being left with an ageing Vardy and two players who aren't out and out strikers would be silly.

I've been hearing about an aging Vardy for 5 years now. He'll play until his mid fourties. 

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I've been hearing about an aging Vardy for 5 years now. He'll play until his mid fourties. 

Why stop there, keep going til his 50s and we might be able to replace him with one of his kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Why stop there, keep going til his 50s and we might be able to replace him with one of his kids.

...I  saw a clip of him and Vardy and chipping a ball into his washing machine front loader!!!

He looked good to me.

Edited by sacreblueits442

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

£22m for Daka

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57662332

We would then basically have to sign another "9"

Exactly - Daka out of all of last summer’s below par signings has the greatest potential.

Madness to let him go, Kelechi though is probably an asset that we could recoup our money and add funds to our “rebuild”.

Edited by SafewayFox

Just now, Sankey93 said:

We are heading towards an intense duel between Leicester and AC Milan for Charles De Ketelaere. The situation has not changed in Bruges: price of 40M € . Redeemed, Milan can now line up. Leicester have not given any news in recent days. #Mercato #LCFC #ACMilan

• Thanks 1

There was another reply on that thread but again not sure if it’s reliable, probably not but it google translated to

”Milan's current difficulty for De Keteleare is due to the fact that Bruges has offered 40m from Leicester Milan plans to work hard on the player's will and it seems he also met his parents To date we have no other information”